+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Bard Soultree

Default The Bard Soultree

In the flurry of busy that was PAX, I did manage to film the details of the Bard Soultree. I also played around with a Bard/Marksman build for a little while in Gloamwood that I found to be pretty entertaining. Effectiveness of my point distribution remains to be seen, as I didn't get to stress test it in any sort of difficult setting.

Anyway, the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHfGcGHMDJw

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info! Time to post it on RiftNexus . He actually seems interesting, to bad I won't be playing rogue
    A wiki is only as good as its contributors - won't you help at Telarapedia?

A wise man told me to stay away from crazy people, I have been running from myself ever since.

Can't say I'm happy with the Bard Looks like I could make a macro/script to keep songs up since dps won't be a concern of theirs.

At least the Nightblade is panning out to be a great class!

reminds me of some sort of LoTRO copy with less flare and no real special one off abilities thanks for the post Autochthon
    “You don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note.” — Doug Floyd

thanx, seems to be the best support class yet (buff-wise)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Very nice! Thanks for this. Even though I'm going mage I might consider Bard in order to possibly have some good self or team buffs for possible solo purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by hydd View Post
    Can't say I'm happy with the Bard Looks like I could make a macro/script to keep songs up since dps won't be a concern of theirs.

At least the Nightblade is panning out to be a great class!
    I agree, like I said in my post in the general discussion thread: "I can't tell yet whether or not I will like playing it as much as I have bards in the past since I'm not really a big fan or short duration buffs, but, we will see how it works out. It looks like you'd have to mix in a significant amount of other souls to do any sort of DPS but I will probably have one set-up that is straight bard for that 51 point ability if there are fights that require a battery."

Cheers dude! Looks like some people will have loads of fun with this class.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Level 26 ability - mezmerize all enemies for 8 seconds. Sounds like a great "lets regroup, things just got bad" skill. Glad to see they also get the classic bard runspeed song.
    Last edited by Butr0sButr0s; 09-06-2010 at 06:25 AM.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

I must say the bard has some pretty amazing buffs - I'd imagine that a raid will want at least one pure bard to get the full range. I wonder how playing the class will feel, though. The idea of a relatively short duration buff that is enhanced by combo points is really interesting - sounds like the idea will be to build combo points as fast as possible between each time a song is played.

And yeah, I hope they'll implement instruments too. Not sure how they'll do it, though, since it looks like we'll need to carry out melee attacks to build up combo points, and I really don't think a bard will be smacking mobs on the head with his lute while playing it. We'll see. Perhaps equipping an instrument builds combo points over time while conferring a bonus to songs. Or something.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

Oh yes! This is the exact type of Bard I wanted (with the exception that it's a rogue calling and not cleric). I love full-support bards!

Quote Originally Posted by Samil View Post
    I must say the bard has some pretty amazing buffs - I'd imagine that a raid will want at least one pure bard to get the full range. I wonder how playing the class will feel, though. The idea of a relatively short duration buff that is enhanced by combo points is really interesting - sounds like the idea will be to build combo points as fast as possible between each time a song is played.

And yeah, I hope they'll implement instruments too. Not sure how they'll do it, though, since it looks like we'll need to carry out melee attacks to build up combo points, and I really don't think a bard will be smacking mobs on the head with his lute while playing it. We'll see. Perhaps equipping an instrument builds combo points over time while conferring a bonus to songs. Or something.
    I can't comment on instruments at all, I didn't have any that were given to me when they auto-leveled my character, but I can comment on combo point building. It can actually easily done at a range with a single ability called "Cadence" . It has a 15 yard range and is channeled over 4 seconds. The initial use gives you a point and you get a subsequent one after ever second. So, theoretically, you could hang our at 15 yards the whole fight and just throw your Codas around. If you wanted to that is!

Plane Touched

Loving the sound of this class, support sounds good. Can't wait to see how this class plays.

Seems like a pretty interesting class. Can't wait to create one!

Quote Originally Posted by Autochthon View Post
    I can't comment on instruments at all, I didn't have any that were given to me when they auto-leveled my character, but I can comment on combo point building. It can actually easily done at a range with a single ability called "Cadence" . It has a 15 yard range and is channeled over 4 seconds. The initial use gives you a point and you get a subsequent one after ever second. So, theoretically, you could hang our at 15 yards the whole fight and just throw your Codas around. If you wanted to that is!
    Sweet. Combine that with an instrument that increases the buff from the song you're currently playing, and you have a pure buffing machine.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast