+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally question

Soulwalker

Default Pally question

What I have read about the pallys is that they will be very defensive of their allies. Will they be resistant to disease and fear like in general pally lore....and will they be able to take on undead mobs better than other classes for the same reasons?

I would expect there base skills to give them resistance to fear and be the most defencive class out there and be able to guard there allys.

That been said with the soul sysyerm if you find it lacking in 1 area you could just use another soul to give them say fear resistance if they did not have it but another warrior class did.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

I think paladins in Rift will probably be the most pure form of 'tank' in the warrior calling. I don't think they will specialize in undead per say, but I'm partly basing that off the mythology. The undead in this game are a produce of the plane of death, which isn't necessarily aligned with evil, its simply another plane trying to invade. The plane of life isn't all that great either since it tends to invade Telara with all manner of nature creatures bent of killing us.

From the limited info so far it seems like paladins will use a lot of defensive reactive abilities centering around shield use, as well as one or two of the more traditional abilities like group buffs. Maybe some kind of 'auras' similar to diablo II?
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

From my reading, weak defending against magic, strong against melee, with lots of shield reactives, I dont remember auras but then again its too early in am to remember much

From what I played, the resists were mostly in the Void Knight tree.

Paladin was mostly built around shields and blocking. And yes, it has it's own aura.

Most MMO forums wars are over the Game vs World divide. Which side are you on?

The Paladin and Warlord seem to be the most defensive by nature out of the whole warrior calling.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    The Paladin and Warlord seem to be the most defensive by nature out of the whole warrior calling.
    Paladin and Paragon. Blocking and Dodge/Parry. Warlord was more based around buffs. Reaver has some self healing on damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Automaticzen View Post
    Paladin and Paragon. Blocking and Dodge/Parry. Warlord was more based around buffs. Reaver has some self healing on damage as well.
    Do you think dodge will be as effective on a tank? Sorry going off of VG reference where dodge did nothing.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

I'm trying to think of a game where avoidance tanking was viewed as acceptable... But we don't know the Paragon well, so it might not be tanking oriented at all, or designed so tanks can dip in for a few % of avoidance to add to their mitigation from a primary tanking soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Do you think dodge will be as effective on a tank? Sorry going off of VG reference where dodge did nothing.
    I doubt it will but it seemed to be the intent. I'd have to remember if the secondary strike had plus threat. That's the easy way to determine the tank centric trees. I know Paladin, Void Knight and Reaver have plus threat abilities early on, while Champion did not.

+ Reply to Thread