+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will people be able to make true classes?

Soulwalker

Default Will people be able to make true classes?

Hello everyone,

Looking at the ascended class system will people be able spend all there souls in one class tree? Making it to where the embody the entirety of the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Hello everyone,

Looking at the ascended class system will people be able spend all there souls in one class tree? Making it to where the embody the entirety of the class?
    Yes. I believe it was mentioned in a previous post that (as of the current build) at level cap you will have enough points to exactly fill out one soul tree.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

Champion

Yeah, if you put 51 points into a single class you get access to the 51 point root abilities which tend to be very nice abilities, what you lose in optimisation of branch abilities, you gain in the roots... Is it always the best way to spec? Who knows until the game gets to release!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Hello everyone,

Yes you can, and it is the only known way to access the 51st point ability.

However, I think Trion will do whatever they can to entice us to also explore making hybrid classes.

Broadly:

4-0-0
    3-1-0
    2-2-0
    1-1-1
    ...2-1.5-0.5?

Lots of possibilities with that, considering that this isn't WoW with the 3 trees (heavily encouraged to just pure spec for the most part), but us being able to mix up in total 8 trees per calling/class.......

I'm looking forward to this

51 points so im prolly gonna do
    26/13/12 Or some variant of that gotta see the Bard, Night blade and Ranger trees. Or might just go pure bard if its truly epic. And with the dual spec system rift has ill prolly have to specs.

Quote Originally Posted by DSWBeef View Post
    51 points so im prolly gonna do
    26/13/12 Or some variant of that gotta see the Bard, Night blade and Ranger trees. Or might just go pure bard if its truly epic. And with the dual spec system rift has ill prolly have to specs.
    Pure bard better have instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Yes you can, and it is the only known way to access the 51st point ability.

However, I think Trion will do whatever they can to entice us to also explore making hybrid classes.

Broadly:

4-0-0
    3-1-0
    2-2-0
    1-1-1
    ...2-1.5-0.5?

Lots of possibilities with that, considering that this isn't WoW with the 3 trees (heavily encouraged to just pure spec for the most part), but us being able to mix up in total 8 trees per calling/class.......

I'm looking forward to this
    When you put it like that I'm likely to either go a 4-0-0 or a 3-1-0 build.

i'm either going to go full Bladedancer or most likely a combination of 31/20 Bladedancer/Bard

Sword, Song and Dance! /groove.

Every root skill is gained in the increment of:
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 26, 32, 38, 44, 51

There are apparently 3 obtainable skills in the branches at:
    21, 26, and 31

So any combination you get is going to be a choice of gaining the branch skill or losing out a on a skill by a point here and there to get the next skill from the root of another tree.

If that makes sense.
    Last edited by DarkoneNeo; 09-05-2010 at 02:37 AM.

Most Likely to be: Defiant - Cleric Calling (PvP Server)

Quote Originally Posted by Durnkrag View Post
    Yeah, if you put 51 points into a single class you get access to the 51 point root abilities which tend to be very nice abilities, what you lose in optimisation of branch abilities, you gain in the roots... Is it always the best way to spec? Who knows until the game gets to release!
    yes, as in everything there are choices to be made, and some hard ones lie ahead =/

i'm just happy we got a choice in what we can be and make

Ascendant

Most people will use a 31/20 system or a 41/10system.

Generally, the game looks to have a combo system for most classes, meaning that the 1st skill will lead to a 2nd and then a 3rd.

You will want to have that 3rd skill. So you will likely need to invest 25+ points in a class.

Take tanking. You will likely want to have 30+ points in Paladin and maybe spread your other 20 points into other classes maybe to get charge and a hp boost.

I think it really depends on how good the skill for 51 points actually is. 41/10 will be heavily used, but I can definitely see myself trying 51/0

Rift Disciple forestwhitakereye's Avatar

The Branches only go 31 high, so I can definitely see a lot of 31/X/Y popping up, or 32 points because that gives another Root ability.

After that people are going to go for either 38, 44 or 51 depending on whether any of those abilities are so good that they justify taking additional Branch points that you're probably not going to care about.

26 points might end up being a sweet spot as well because it's both 1 point into a Branch level and gives a Root ability.

I can't see any other values ever really popping up. I don't think any of the Branch trees are so fat that you'll put additional points in at the cost of several additional Root abilities in another tree.

If all of the points are necessary to be spent after leveling up, it seems like a single point spent in a single ability elsewhere would really put the player in a position of giving up that ultimate ability.

Now, I suppose if that ultimate was truly extraordinary it may be worth it, but it may not be a bad idea to assign players a COUPLE extra points, for that obligatory useful ability in the other class tree. We've all seen it, I'm sure.
    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast