+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric armor in different roles

Rift Disciple forestwhitakereye's Avatar

Default Cleric armor in different roles

On the cleric page http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/cleric/index.php it says

"Equipment
    The militant orders gird themselves in chainmail, and march into close combat wielding heavy, two-handed warhammers, or a simple combination of mace and shield. The more arcane priesthoods, meanwhile, wear cloth vestments, brandishing symbols of spiritual power such as staves, tomes, and totems."

I know it's very possible that this is just out of date and that every cleric might just be allowed to wear chainmail. But if it's not, what happens to the chain armor you're wearing when you swap to a different role that is one of those "arcane priesthoods" that wear cloth?

In that case youre going to have to swap the armor off as well. I think this will happen regardless of the type of armor.

I imagine that at high levels there will be sets that require +20 or +30 points in sentinel for example. If you want to switch calling mid run and become a warden for the group heals, your going to have to unequip your sentinel armor and have warden specific armor.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by forestwhitakereye View Post
    On the cleric page http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/cleric/index.php it says

"Equipment
    The militant orders gird themselves in chainmail, and march into close combat wielding heavy, two-handed warhammers, or a simple combination of mace and shield. The more arcane priesthoods, meanwhile, wear cloth vestments, brandishing symbols of spiritual power such as staves, tomes, and totems."

I know it's very possible that this is just out of date and that every cleric might just be allowed to wear chainmail. But if it's not, what happens to the chain armor you're wearing when you swap to a different role that is one of those "arcane priesthoods" that wear cloth?
    The type of armor you wear is based on your Calling and not what souls you have currently equipt. I hope that is what you were asking
    Warrior - Plate
    Cleric - Chainmail
    Rogue - Leater
    Mage - Cloth

Would link source but can't remember where. Probably Telarapedia.
    A wiki is only as good as its contributors - won't you help at Telarapedia?

A wise man told me to stay away from crazy people, I have been running from myself ever since.

Yeah I thought I read that somewhere too Wobbley.

I was trying to find the source for the armor based on calling but couldn't remember. I'm sure it's there though. It talked about how a mage couldn't run around wearing plate etc.

Edit: I found a thread that has more information on this, like screenshots seen with requirements like "warrior calling" HERE.
    Last edited by Zephel; 09-04-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Found a source
    We...are the chosen! We....are the Guardians.

+ Reply to Thread