+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ice Mage (Storm Caller) and Healing Mage (CholoromancerSP?) Possible Next Mages @ PAX

Default Ice Mage (Storm Caller) and Healing Mage (CholoromancerSP?) Possible Next Mages @ PAX

Evening Everybody,

I was checking out Telarapedia just a second ago and found in the recent news text of a possible Ice Mage and Healing Mage see names above. Anyhow, just another tid bit of info! Man I cannot wait to play this game!!!! WOOHOO

Night all,

Azsh

I would expect more details in the coming days, a few PAX goes apparently got some nice screenshots and videos.

Hopefully they contain these two new Mage souls and a few others
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

A healing mage? I think I am in love! <3

Awesome.

The former isn't big to me - never played or cared to play ice/frost mages myself, but the latter sounds interesting...

Ironically I'm now wondering how an elementlist exists between a ice mage and a fire mage? I mean those are elements...

And a healing mage class is a cleric class isn't it, I mean other than the mage part - Man, I can't wait for more info...
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Quote Originally Posted by Shagroth View Post
    Ironically I'm now wondering how an elementlist exists between a ice mage and a fire mage? I mean those are elements...

And a healing mage class is a cleric class isn't it, I mean other than the mage part - Man, I can't wait for more info...
    Elementalist is pet class, maybe for all four elements. Without pet they is squishy go splat.

gonna be fun to level a mage
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    gonna be fun to level a mage
    Inorite.

So excited about it. And of course, like so many of us may do, I'll have 3 alts for each calling

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Elementalist is pet class, maybe for all four elements. Without pet they is squishy go splat.
    Bah, what a cliche so its a Magi from EQ with all their elemental pets - nah, I gotta say I loved that class to death.

Oh well - Thanks for the info, I haven't read up much on the Mage classes as I feel like being surprised.

I'm still wondering how they're going to make a mage class heal unless we're talking life taps and what have you.
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

I really hope they will make such experiments as a healing mage, or maybe even a tanking mage. For me, part of the fun in a game is exploring different options with my characters - and RIFT looks like it will fit the bill well with the soul system.

However, your calling limits which roles you can play (healer / tank / dps). Having some flexibility added to that with the soul system will help the game much, I think ... otherwise people might get pigeonholed into specific roles.

"You're a warrior, we need you to tank." / "Looking for priest to heal." / "Only rogues and mages can dps, and that's all they do!" -> if RIFT can avoid these straitjackets it will be cool :-)

A healing mage would be a nice way to think outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Void_Reaver View Post
    I really hope they will make such experiments as a healing mage, or maybe even a tanking mage. For me, part of the fun in a game is exploring different options with my characters - and RIFT looks like it will fit the bill well with the soul system.

However, your calling limits which roles you can play (healer / tank / dps). Having some flexibility added to that with the soul system will help the game much, I think ... otherwise people might get pigeonholed into specific roles.

"You're a warrior, we need you to tank." / "Looking for priest to heal." / "Only rogues and mages can dps, and that's all they do!" -> if RIFT can avoid these straitjackets it will be cool :-)

A healing mage would be a nice way to think outside of the box.
    I think they'll be able to avoid it.

So far we have:
    -warriors that can dps (of course), and maybe heal
    -clerics that can dps and tank
    -rogues that can...well..uh...maybe tank?
    -mages that can heal it seems, and just maybe tank?

Anyone can correct me on this. I don't know much about the souls, their abilities and especially their trees yet.

At least, it seems that healers and tanks won't be in such short supply in this game. Now *dedicated* healers and tanks may be so rare, but at least you can find someone for anything.

Plane Touched

It seems pretty obvious to me that they're trying to fit many different roles into each calling so as to avoid making a game where a character is locked to a single purpose (e.g. the warrior tanks, the cleric heals, the mage CCs, etc). The "healing mage" was, at least to me, an expected addition. What will be more interesting to see is whether they dare make something that would be considered diametrically opposite to the mainstream paradigm (e.g. a tank soul in the mage calling or similar).

Oh nice, I wasn't aware of a warrior with heals yet. So they are already breaking the mold in that case :-)

... and the Bladedancer rogue tank sounds intriguing, too ...

Yea, getting excited for the game here.

Rift Disciple

I am not that impressed with the Chloromancer (possibly the dumbest name for a class ever, btw). With already more than one soul in the cleric archetype with offensive ranged spells what exactly is the point of having a mage with heals?
    Last edited by Jorval; 09-04-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    -rogues that can...well..uh...maybe tank?
    PRICELESS! Here have a cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorval View Post
    I am not that impressed with the Chloromancer (possibly the dumbest name for a class ever, btw). With already more than one soul in the cleric archetype with offensive ranged spells what exactly is the point of having a mage with heals?
    Erm, maybe so that people who love to play mages, would like to try and play healer for a change?WITHOUT the need to level up a healer. Personally I am hoping for a tanking mage, as I would never level a warrior just to try tanking...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast