+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When you say Rogue, Cleric, Warrior, Mage, you mean?

Default When you say Rogue, Cleric, Warrior, Mage, you mean?

When you say Rogue, do you mean Assassin? Marksman? Riftstalker? When you make a thread, explain exactly which one of the eight very different souls you are talking about. Same goes to all the threads complaining about Clerics. Which of the eight Clerics are you talking about? If you aren't willing to at least do the research and elaborate on which aspect of the tree is overpowered, I believe your post should be deleted. You got owned by a Rogue? Cleric? Warrior? Mage? That's great. If you want to make a convincing argument, do the research and explain yourself. Otherwise, all of your crying is completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 01-19-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

Rift Disciple

Cleric = Shamicar! RAWR

Well, tbh, sometimes you may not even know! it doesn't exactly tell you which souls someone has while they're beating you into goo/laughing as they run around invincible, just what their calling is
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

+`1. However melee rogues can usually be grouped together because they're all somewhat gimped right now.
    Bubbrubb / Eastern of <Missionary Impossible>

Quote Originally Posted by RadioD View Post
    Well, tbh, sometimes you may not even know! it doesn't exactly tell you which souls someone has while they're beating you into goo/laughing as they run around invincible, just what their calling is
    You could try and tell from their playing style and spells. *shrugs*
    {SWG}

Rift Chaser

Also please specify if you're talking about PvE or PvP. I've had page long arguements with someone only to find out he was refering to how a skill performs in PvP and I was comparing it to PvE. I really wish they have seperate forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    You could try and tell from their playing style and spells. *shrugs*
    Pfft tell by their playstyles and spells...after playing the game for like, 14 days? i bet most people couldn't do that on the fly yet.

Not that i'm defending people making unintelligent posts, just pointing out the potential why, and the reason why the OP complaining about it is somewhat futile and misguided.
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

Pfft tell by their playstyles and spells...after playing the game for like, 14 days? i bet most people couldn't do that on the fly yet.

Not that i'm defending people making unintelligent posts, just pointing out the potential why, and the reason why the OP complaining about it is somewhat futile and misguided.
    I can tell by the buffs and moves about how many points their main tree is.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

Listening to certain spell sounds also helps, I can find a cleric heal spec very quickly just by listening. Also duelling friends or guildies will help you recognize builds and souls alot better. And ofcourse learning the buffs people have on them.

One thing that really helped me, in your settings there is an option when a player or mob hits you with a skill or spell, it shows the name of that skill and spell, learn them, if some hit hard, check the role builders what they are, and from what soul they come.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

all clerics /nod

It's certainly not hard to tell what a rough build any cleric you face is sporting. they are either going to be in your face or trying to keep a DPs between you and them.

+ Reply to Thread