+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Theorycrafting on Rift Junkies: Let me go first!

  1. #1
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    884

    Lightbulb Theorycrafting on Rift Junkies: Let me go first!

    Hey guys, I figured I'd share this here. Rift Junkies wants to attempt to kick off some discussion with creating builds. To do this, I started with my own build that I wanted to share with the community.

    30 Warden / 17 Purifier / 4 Sentinel

    Also, to kick off the start of our new section of the forums, I'm inviting everyone to post their own builds and whoever has the best or most popular build after one month will win an Official Rift T-Shirt that was supplied to me from the awesome folks at Trion. (Thanks Abigale!)

    Anyway, I hope everyone joins in on the speculation and create their own builds. It's never to early to get prepared!


    Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara


  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Callipygous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    Hey guys, I figured I'd share this here. Rift Junkies wants to attempt to kick off some discussion with creating builds. To do this, I started with my own build that I wanted to share with the community.

    30 Warden / 17 Purifier / 4 Sentinel

    Also, to kick off the start of our new section of the forums, I'm inviting everyone to post their own builds and whoever has the best or most popular build after one month will win an Official Rift T-Shirt that was supplied to me from the awesome folks at Trion. (Thanks Abigale!)

    Anyway, I hope everyone joins in on the speculation and create their own builds. It's never to early to get prepared!



    Great i can't wait to start theorycrafting builds for the rogue
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

  3. #3
    Telaran sguss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I'll definately check this site out - thanks!
    Exploring Uncertainty, my blog
    Samuel Guss Photography, my photography business
    MMO Resume: WoW, Eve Online, Warhammer, Conan, STO, LotR, Vanguard

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Malvane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Nice site, but I think I won't waste my time building from alpha builds. Once game hits non friends and family or late beta I'll mess around with it.

    Good show though.
    Ranger/Marksman/? wanna be of Rifts
    Assasin/Riftstalker/? wanna be of Rifts
    Would trade these souls for a MONK class though

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    nice idea,


    bit premature indeed

    Will check back when the game is in later stadia.

  6. #6
    Rift Master Sinistrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    594

    Default

    I got a Warlock to level 10 during PAX and specialized in the stunning talents. They were pretty effective. It might be nice to combine that with the Pyromancer's "Ground of Control" ability. If Ground of Control works with Neddra's Grasp that's a 30% chance for your target to be stunned every time he takes an action, a 10% chance for a stun every time you hit them with Void Bolt, all Warlock root abilities up to Choke (Silence), and all Pyromancer roots up to Flashfire (Caster 3 sec stun, Target 8 sec stun).

    The key abilities for this build are:

    Warlock (33pts):
    Void Bolt - 10% Chance to stun for 3 seconds (with talent), Primary Nuke
    Dark Fury - Instant Cast Nuke, 4 sec stun
    Radiate Death - Spread your Dark Touch (DoT) and Neddra's Grasp to other targets (more stuns if in Ground of Control!)
    Neddra's Grasp - Target takes damage every time they perform an action
    Warlock Armor - Damages enemies (another possible stun in GoC) that hit the Warlock and heals him for 1% of his health
    Fear - 10 seconds of fear.
    Wither - 8 second, 70% snare
    Reconstruct - Consumes charge to heal caster
    Choke - 5 second silence
    Shadow Life - Increases casters HP by 50% then heals for 50% of new HP toal

    Pyromancer (18pts):
    Burning Bonds - 8 second root w/ Improved Burning Bonds (Instant Cast)
    Fiery Resolve - Reduces enemy stuns and silences by 30%
    Internalize Charge - Consumes charge, increase all damage (warlock and pyro presumably) by 50%
    Ground of Control- While standing in your Ground, 30% chance to stun target every time you deal damage
    Flicker - Basically "Blink" - teleports you 15 meters and removes any movement impairing effects
    Flashfire - Stuns target for 8 seconds, stuns you for 3 seconds (Flicker out of this, anyone? )

    Obviously both builds have points left over in each soul to also increase your DPS(I'll probably focus spare points on AoE spells). While DPS won't be as high as someone who goes pure DPS, the incredible ability to control the battle should more than make up for this. Not only that, but many Warlock spells heal the caster for a portion or even 100% of the damage they deal, and this build grants access to TWO powerful self heals. These heals will likely be needed if the caster plans on holding their ground inside their Ground of Control effect.

    Lastly the caster would be an absolute terror in AoE combat, as per my experience with the Mortality AoE, it is another healing option and each wave would have a 30% chance to stun enemies in the effect, reducing enemy DPS. This would allow you to AoE even more mobs when leveling. At PAX I was already killing up to 8 or more enemies my level or higher with this spell.

    [EDIT] - Alternatively one could skip Neddra's Essence (80% damage reduction cooldown) and Choke (silence) for the Pyromancer's Burn, an 8 second effect which disables everyone but casters, essentially. However, I don't think it's worth the tradeoff as Neddra's Essence is incredibly powerful.
    Last edited by Sinistrad; 09-13-2010 at 08:45 AM.

    "That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara g0kuenuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    you can add to the discussion my 51 pure pyromancer lol, if the talents remain the same 1 out of the 4 build slots for me will be pure pyro
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Shagroth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Myth HQ/Belmont
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    you can add to the discussion my 51 pure pyromancer lol, if the talents remain the same 1 out of the 4 build slots for me will be pure pyro
    I'm still thinking they're either going to destroy your HP or get you negative defense.

    I'll wait for beta to build my class up. I like what you did OP as I'm going 30 Warden myself

    the other slots will most likely consist of Purifier and Shaman/Justicar.

    I know 1/ 4 builds will be: Justicar, Sentinel, and Shaman - as it will be my Tank Cleric
    2/4 Will be Purifier, Warden, [Buff Cleric]
    3/4 & 4/4 I have no clue about - If they add a dual wielding cleric I may seek that out and replace 1/4 build - Oh hope!
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

    a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Azelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I'd have to have more information on a few mage souls before I could really get into builds or exact numbers, but I've got a bit of an idea so far for things I'd at least like to try out.

    1/4 Pure Elementalist for soloing purposes
    2/4 Pyro and/or Storm Caller, see how that works out for group DPSing
    3/4 Chloromancer and Dominator for backup healing and CC, just cuz it sounds like it might be a fun combo
    4/4 ??? Want to wait and see more about the Archon and the final soul before coming up with something for the last role.

    For me, I think at least half of the fun I'm going to have in this game will be fiddling with different specs to figure out what I think is fun. >_<
    -Silkweb-
    Saeris : Mage | Arilyn : Cleric || Ariuna : Warrior | Ghada : Mage | Caitrin : Rogue | Zolzaya : Cleric

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Overthere
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azelis View Post
    I'd have to have more information on a few mage souls before I could really get into builds or exact numbers, but I've got a bit of an idea so far for things I'd at least like to try out.

    1/4 Pure Elementalist for soloing purposes
    2/4 Pyro and/or Storm Caller, see how that works out for group DPSing
    3/4 Chloromancer and Dominator for backup healing and CC, just cuz it sounds like it might be a fun combo
    4/4 ??? Want to wait and see more about the Archon and the final soul before coming up with something for the last role.

    For me, I think at least half of the fun I'm going to have in this game will be fiddling with different specs to figure out what I think is fun. >_<
    Pure Elementalist does not look like a good idea at this time. Pet abilities can be maxed with around 34 - 35 points, bump it up to 38 points for the Elemental armor ability, and anything else you would want to do with the elementalist solo can be done more effectively by spending your points in a different soul tree.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Fiale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wessex, England
    Posts
    279

    Default

    I was looking to go mostly Warden - I thought that a primarily HoT based healer with no Rezz would be less popular (mix-matching aside) - seems Warden is the most popular Cleric Soul currentlythough

    I am still looking forward to what Delgue is as a Root ability and high tree improvement points.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts