+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo Leveling

Default Solo Leveling

What classes would you all recommend for solo leveling at first? That can later respec into a viable role at endgame for raids being a tank, healer or high dps.

I'm wondering, is Riftstalker viable to level with? Any others good at leveling?

You should read up on the game a little more.

Every single class in the game can spec into a reliable role for raiding (Tank, Healer, DPS).

If you want to narrow it down, that's a good place to start, what do you want to do at endgame? Tank? Heal? DPS?

If you want to tank, you've narrowed it down to 3 callings (all but mage), if you want to heal, you've narrowed it down to 2 (Cleric & Mage).. if you want to DPS, you need to be more specific, do you want to do AE dps? single-target dps? do you want to do melee or ranged? do you want to cast spells or use weapons and abilities?

this might help too:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ls_Purpose.jpg
    Last edited by Arieste; 01-19-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Soulwalker

Personally, I'll be leveling with the spec I plan on using end game. It might not be easy mode, but the experience of growing with the build will be invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Evul View Post
    Personally, I'll be leveling with the spec I plan on using end game. It might not be easy mode, but the experience of growing with the build will be invaluable.
    Not as valuable as experience of all other souls in the calling, which you may need and/or be expected to use at endgame.

In my opinion anyway. This isn't Everquest, you don't "pick class, stick with it". You pick a calling, learn how to best use all the tools in the calling for whatever situation is thrown at you.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Rea

recommended classes for solo'ing:
    mage, cleric, rogue, warri

available roles for lategame: all

I have played these (all to at least level 25)
    • Rogue: Ranger/Marksman/Riftstalker
    • Warrior: Beastlord/Reaver/Warlord
    • Cleric: Sentinal/Justicar/Druid
    Of the 3, the Cleric was the easiest to solo, and the Rogue the hardest (I died much more often).

Being able to heal yourself during combat is a huge advantage.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    I have played these (all to at least level 25)
    • Rogue: Ranger/Marksman/Riftstalker
    • Warrior: Beastlord/Reaver/Warlord
    • Cleric: Sentinal/Justicar/Druid
    Of the 3, the Cleric was the easiest to solo, and the Rogue the hardest (I died much more often).

Being able to heal yourself during combat is a huge advantage.
    I am thinking of ranger/bard and rely on my auto attack and pet for damage and play my bard for buffing and healing my pet. Not sure how strong ranger pet is.

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    I am thinking of ranger/bard and rely on my auto attack and pet for damage and play my bard for buffing and healing my pet. Not sure how strong ranger pet is.
    For the Ranger, the Razorback is better at tanking than the wolf, but because pets attract aggro so easily I often find myself with adds I didn't expect - and they kill the pet fast and then come after me.

With my Cleric I just have to toss one heal on the pet and I get all the aggro. The pet stays alive (minor heals and nukes), and I'm able to heal myself and handle 3-4 equal-level mobs at a time.
    Last edited by Slyde; 01-19-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    Not as valuable as experience of all other souls in the calling, which you may need and/or be expected to use at endgame.

In my opinion anyway. This isn't Everquest, you don't "pick class, stick with it". You pick a calling, learn how to best use all the tools in the calling for whatever situation is thrown at you.
    For me, it is. My playstyle will be focused mainly around PvP and 99% of the time I will run solo. By leveling in this way, I get to learn the mechanics which adds to my game.

The impression I got from the OP was that he wanted to run with an easy-mode PvE spec to 50, then respec to a preferred spec. What I'm saying is take the opportunity to learn as you level by trying different specs out. I assure you this will make you a greater asset to any raids you plan on joining end game.

+ Reply to Thread