+ Reply to Thread

Thread: riftblade: freeze armour

Default riftblade: freeze armour

Is it a typo when the planner states the freeze armour snares the target for 15 seconds and has a cd of 8 seconds? Should it not be the otherway around? elst bar the use of a snarebreaker cd, you can effectively keep a target snared for the entirety of combat, particularly since its a ranged ability. Perhaps making it a melee ability to bring it into line with melee rogue snares.

Riftblades also have another ranged ability in stonespear (16 pt talent) which when talented is a 15 sec cd and 5 second root. Not saying this is overpowered, as another of other classes/souls have similar snares etc (though not imo as strong as freeze armor, with it being ranged) but i was wondering if trion were aware and designed pvp mechanics around the idea that people can be snared for the majority of the time?

Riftblade along with Void Knight are majorly caster souls in plate armor. So they are supposed to be fighting from ranged with their powerful magic. *shrugs*
    {SWG}

It's fine as it is. And no, it's not a typo.

Casters have plenty of anti-cc and knockbacks themselves, so Freeze Armor is, as I said, fine as it is.

@Primera,

The VK is not a caster type. Nor is it a ranged class. It has one ranged skill that can do some damage, and even then, it takes Pacts to build up and "charge" it. The Riftblade, however, is the closest to a Mage-Warrior as you will get.
    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II

Sanity's Requiem

Well there are some classes that can have a decrease in the duration of slows, like beastmaster. And riftblade uses the combo freeze armor + fire spear against melle fighters. But rushes can get close to a riftblade.

As said before,Void Knight isn't a caster class he is a defensive tipe.

Usual Riftblades would grab Void Knight soul as well, that's what I noticed. A mage in plate would love some anti-magic defense, huh...

I guess I worded it wrong in the first post. *shrugs* Riftblade is the DPS Magic-user while Void Knight is Anti-Magic Tank, hm...
    Last edited by Primera Stark; 01-19-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    {SWG}

True, but when building a pvp warrior soul set i realised that a ranged in general be it mages/clerics or ranged rogues can be locked down and countered very effectively.
    For example, you pick up a champion build up to bull rush in combat as well as the aoe snare/fear. I think leg sweep is also available with a small number of points invested (18) along with cc breaker. Add that to a 32 point riftblade build, , 25 sec riftwalk which breaks snares and refreshed on critical hits with planar blade, freeze armour and stonespear. You got a highly mobile warrior with 3 snares and 2 cc breakers. Which is fine, but what really makes a warrior devastating vs a mage and cleric more so than to perhaps a ranged rogue, is the sheer amount of interupts at his disposal.

champion: thunderous kick and bash (6 sec cd)
    paragon: flinching strike (10 sec cd)
    rfitblade: windspear 15 sec cd 5 sec silence (ranged)

With the mobility/dmg/ snares/interrupts this build brings, its very hard for a mage/cleric to survive? I mean to say the odds are stacked very much against them. And before ppl say use the dominator soul, alot of the cc's break on dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    Riftblade along with Void Knight are majorly caster souls in plate armor. So they are supposed to be fighting from ranged with their powerful magic. *shrugs*
    Yes this is correct.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Quote Originally Posted by Mieville View Post
    True, but when building a pvp warrior soul set i realised that a ranged in general be it mages/clerics or ranged rogues can be locked down and countered very effectively.
    For example, you pick up a champion build up to bull rush in combat as well as the aoe snare/fear. I think leg sweep is also available with a small number of points invested (18) along with cc breaker. Add that to a 32 point riftblade build, , 25 sec riftwalk which breaks snares and refreshed on critical hits with planar blade, freeze armour and stonespear. You got a highly mobile warrior with 3 snares and 2 cc breakers. Which is fine, but what really makes a warrior devastating vs a mage and cleric more so than to perhaps a ranged rogue, is the sheer amount of interupts at his disposal.

With the mobility/dmg/ snares/interrupts this build brings, its very hard for a mage/cleric to survive? I mean to say the odds are stacked very much against them. And before ppl say use the dominator soul, alot of the cc's break on dmg
    This is why I am probably going Warrior as my first character.

I also noticed that there is a useful spell in Warlord that allows you to pull enemies toward you, can be very dangerous if used correctly.
    {SWG}

primal blade resets both riftwalk and rift summon (the vk ability). I've built a build which gives you bull rush (15 sec), riftwalk (25 sec) and rift summon (45 sec), but both walk and summon can be refreshed with one melee crit. With that build however, you give up windspear the ranged interupt, so its a toss up.

As a suggestion i would increase bull rush to at least 20 sec cd if not 30. Windspear cd 20 sec, and reverting freeze armour to 8 sec duration and 15/10 sec cd

As a suggestion i would increase bull rush to at least 20 sec cd if not 30. Windspear cd 20 sec, and reverting freeze armour to 8 sec duration and 15/10 sec cd
    If you use a riftblade build its better you use three points on Unrelenting to drop the cooldown of stone and wind spear to 15 sec.

Rea

you want to nerf something based on ur lvl 27 experience?

im freaking glad trion will ignore you

Just remember that all CC mechanics (including roots and snares) have their duration halved in pvp, and suffer from diminishing returns (max. 4 repeat casts before immunity). So really it's a 4 second root, then a 2 second, then a 1 second...the last 2 casts arent even going to be worth the GCD. So one 4 second root, using the other 5 second root is only gonna get you another second of DPS on the person 1.5 seconds being taken up by the GCD. So it's really not as potent as you think
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

If I had a feeling that you hadn't played the game yet before with your first post, I'm sure of it now. Nearly all of the Marksman abilities increase his/her run speed... you can quite effectively overcome the snare. Not only that, but the range for Marksman/Ranger/Clerics/Mages has been increased to 30m, while Warriors still sit at 20m. You'll also be hard pressed to find a Cleric that doesn't want to get up close and personal with you.

Like I said, the other souls have quite a few anti-cc abilities of their own. For instance, a lot of Rogue builds are going to incorporate the Riftstalker to teleport away from you as soon as you Bull Rush them.

Also, interrupts are Petertarded, and aren't as effective as you think. It interrupts them.. as soon as you do, they are casting it again before you can even count off your Global Cooldown.. lawl.
    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II

Sanity's Requiem

Champion of Telara

another issue with interrupt skills (unless it was a bug last beta) is that they ALL share the same cooldown

SO say i have paladin soul with a interrupt on a 6s cooldown, and then another from either paragon or champion that is also on a 6s cooldown. If i use one of them the other is locked out as well, so cant just grab 3 interrupts and rotate them in on a caster unfortunately (I tried it lol didnt work)

So while nice they need to be tied in with other forms of CC to interrupt them (ie interrupt one cast, kick them the next, stun them the one after, wait out the stun, interrupt them again, can cause alot of problems for them if u play it right still)

+ Reply to Thread