+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman?

Soulwalker

Default Marksman?

I played a warrior in beta 4 which i enjoyed quite a bit, but just for beta 5 I want to try something new. I love ranger classes in other games so I want to give it a try here.

The only combos I can think of are Marksman/Ranger. I'm not sure what works or what puts out high DPS.

Help would be awesome.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Gonorrhea View Post
    I played a warrior in beta 4 which i enjoyed quite a bit, but just for beta 5 I want to try something new. I love ranger classes in other games so I want to give it a try here.

The only combos I can think of are Marksman/Ranger. I'm not sure what works or what puts out high DPS.

Help would be awesome.
    depends how you want to play the ranged class. do you want to solo a lot? group a lot? pvp a bunch? pve a bunch? what kinda build is it you are looking into for your marksman?
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Help would be awesome.
    This is a good pvp spec, preferably ganking but it will do good in group pvp too. you will have to change quite a bit for a good pve build.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng
    All Out Assault
    “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
    "Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish." - Marcus Aurelius

Rift Chaser

Do marksmen get to use guns at all? if so when? the class summary on the website shows them with a rifle, but all videos and things i seen of gameplay has them with bows. i want a boomstick!

Quote Originally Posted by Banono View Post
    Do marksmen get to use guns at all? if so when? the class summary on the website shows them with a rifle, but all videos and things i seen of gameplay has them with bows. i want a boomstick!
    Marksmen can use a gun or bow, and can use them at level 1.

The reason a lot of people were using bows during the beta is because the instances were dropping blue bows. Guns seem to be rather rare as a drop.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Demetri View Post
    This is a good pvp spec, preferably ganking but it will do good in group pvp too. you will have to change quite a bit for a good pve build.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng
    I am looking for PvP mostly, but I would like to be able to PvE (instances, other things). Why is assassin thrown in?
    Last edited by Gonorrhea; 01-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.

I am looking for PvP mostly, but I would like to be able to PvE (instances, other things). Why is assassin thrown in?
    you get +5% crit from the first tier of points, u also get a poison (that can be applied to range weps) and have a 20% chance to make target 5% easier to crit (aks 10% more crit from assassin tree) and then of course my favorite part is unlimited stealth lol

also Cruel Malice makes you do more damage after you crit.
    Last edited by Demetri; 01-19-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    All Out Assault
    “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
    "Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish." - Marcus Aurelius

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SybFennec View Post
    Marksmen can use a gun or bow, and can use them at level 1.

The reason a lot of people were using bows during the beta is because the instances were dropping blue bows. Guns seem to be rather rare as a drop.
    i'd use a grey gun if i got to. Banono is moving with times no more bows!

Soulwalker

I changed some things for this PvP build. I have no idea what to make for PvE though. I'm thinking maining Ranger but I don't realy know.

http://rift.zam.com/cluster/stc.pl?t...Azdo.0VMft0boz that is the PvP build

ALSO: what do you do with the assassin melee skills? My friend says to switch to a 2-Hander.
    Last edited by Gonorrhea; 01-19-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Soulwalker

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!

assassin/marksman/ranger has worked great for me.. or you can swap assassin for nightblade for some energy regen

this is what I currently have
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...anger.10000500

+ Reply to Thread