+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riftblade/Paragorn build

Default Riftblade/Paragorn build

This is a new build i tried in beta 4 and i tought it was very fun. Note that it isn't a common combo and focusses on DPS. The beastmaster is there only for the pet.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...17,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by gentleman; 01-19-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Do riftblades HAVE to use 2 weapons? Just asking because in every riftblade pic i saw some1 either had 2 weapons or a sword and shield. I want mine to have a 2 handed sword but looking at these setups I'm guessing for DPS I need 2 weapons. If so then i gotta look at Paragons again.

But anyhow, I like the setup. Dunno how effective a pet would be without any upgrades, except for very minor tanking and first, but I guess it's better than going for something else and not upgrading it.
    Control over the elements is under-rated in every game I play. They are often separated and dull. For once why can't we have an epic tornado of elements? Heck, make a blinding huge sandstorm with wind and earth and use water to make mud at a target's feet and rain blazing meteors onto the person. Animation would be a nightmare but worth every second .

Ascendant

RB can use 2hander as well there are some very good 2 hand champ/RB builds floating around.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-19-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gentleman View Post
    This is a new build i tried in beta 4 and i tought it was very fun. Note that it isn't a common combo and focusses on DPS. The beastmaster is there only for the pet.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...17,5_&lang=eng

Later i will post a riftblade paragorn and beastmaster build with points spent on the three souls.
    Rift blade can use any warrior weapon cause they dont spec in weapon dmg and yes in elemental magic. And about the pet i tought for this build beastmaster would be the best soul i can use without spending any points in it.

Ascendant

Rift blade can use any warrior weapon cause they dont spec in weapon dmg and yes in elemental magic. And about the pet i tought for this build beastmaster would be the best soul i can use without spending any points in it.
    your free pet will not scale to level 50. 0 points in BM is useless at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    your free pet will not scale to level 50. 0 points in BM is useless at 50.
    If you want a pet at lvl 50 this build is better:http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=1...17,5_&lang=eng. Riftblade is not useless cause he still have flamespear, stone shield and freeze armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    Do riftblades HAVE to use 2 weapons? Just asking because in every riftblade pic i saw some1 either had 2 weapons or a sword and shield. I want mine to have a 2 handed sword but looking at these setups I'm guessing for DPS I need 2 weapons. If so then i gotta look at Paragons again.

But anyhow, I like the setup. Dunno how effective a pet would be without any upgrades, except for very minor tanking and first, but I guess it's better than going for something else and not upgrading it.
    You only use 2 1h weapons if you have Paragon soul, but those who go 2h weapon with Riftblade tend to have Void Knight soul as well for a mage in plate build
    {SWG}

Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    You only use 2 1h weapons if you have Paragon soul, but those who go 2h weapon with Riftblade tend to have Void Knight soul as well for a mage in plate build
    I think to go as a 2 handed with riftblade better you use champion as a combo, void knight is more a defensive and ppl usually uses 1 handed and shield with this soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post

It is beneficial although you may choose the Champion soul tree. I will say that it allows for better DPS if you mix Paragon and Riftblade, as the two complement eachother.

I think to go as a 2 handed with riftblade better you use champion as a combo, void knight is more a defensive and ppl usually uses 1 handed and shield with this soul.
    Have to agree with you. I am not sure why I keep seeing RB/VK PvP videos where they are using 2h weapons...
    {SWG}

If you want something like "all out DPS" better you try this: http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng

Flurry is a great dps attack, and the paragorn soul gives you one ranged attack (flame spear), and the champion build gives you passives in damage and strenght.

If you want something like "all out DPS" better you try this: http://forums.riftgame.com/group.php

Flurry is a great dps attack, and the paragorn soul gives you one ranged attack (flame spear), and the champion build gives you passives in damage and strenght.
    I dont know, all the 51 point abilities seem pretty underwhelming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorg View Post
    I dont know, all the 51 point abilities seem pretty underwhelming to me.
    I use them only for get flurry that is the last skill of the paragon and paired strike is very good if followed by death touch.

That is a lot of points to invest to get a 1 min cd channel ability that doesnt seem all that impressive.

Once someone is high enough to test it I guess we will know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorg View Post
    That is a lot of points to invest to get a 1 min cd channel ability that doesnt seem all that impressive.

Once someone is high enough to test it I guess we will know more.
    You're rigth. But as said it focuses only on damage, it isn't a good build for pvp and solo. The first one is better if you want these.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast