+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do warriors have 3 combo points and rogues 5 why do warrior keep there points...

Ascendant

Default Why do warriors have 3 combo points and rogues 5 why do warrior keep there points...

in between combat and rogues lose them why do warriors finishers do more damage across the board. Just a couple thoughts off the top of my head, it just seems to me that trion was completely afraid of making rogue classes to powerful and just released them with low damage and as many mechanic hindrances as they could.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-19-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Rogues will be seeing changes in B5.

What that means will become apparent next week . . .
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post
    Rogues will be seeing changes in B5.

What that means will become apparent next week . . .
    It will also determine just how many MORE rogues we will see compared to B4 where every 1 out of 3 was a rogue.. But we will see..
    Last edited by Vyeth; 01-19-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyeth View Post
    It will also determine just how many MORE rogues we will see compared to B4 where every 1 out of 3 was a rogue.. But we will see..
    I have something like 2 rogues, 4 mages, 2 warriors and 2 clerics. *shrug*

As far as I have been able to tell the numbers across the callings have been relatively decently split.
    Last edited by Corwynn_Maelstrom; 01-19-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Ascendant

I realize rogues are a popular class and atract as much hate as they do love but trion was pretty puss when making them. I dont want rogues to stunlock and kill people out of stealth with crazy burst but generally interesting souls like the nightblade are suffering cause they are afraid of the anti rogue brigade. In reference to them being looked at my understanding was it was just energy being looked at and not the souls themselves. Some blatant imbalances i see are things the combo pont differences compared to wariors and take a look at a warrior finisher or some of there abilities they do 140% weapon daamge plus extra damage no rogue class gets damage modifiers like that and they dont even use 2 hand weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    I realize rogues are a popular class and atract as much hate as they do love but trion was pretty puss when making them. I dont want rogues to stunlock and kill people out of stealth with crazy burst but generally interesting souls like the nightblade are suffering cause they are afraid of the anti rogue brigade. In reference to them being looked at my understanding was it was just energy being looked at and not the souls themselves. Some blatant imbalances i see are things the combo pont differences compared to wariors and take a look at a warrior finisher or some of there abilities they do 140% weapon daamge plus extra damage no rogue class gets damage modifiers like that and they dont even use 2 hand weapons.
    If you change energy you change the way the classes work, period.

If they do nothing but make energy regen not stop during ability use, rogue DPS goes up.

So wait and see.

Ascendant

I have something like 2 rogues, 4 mages, 2 warriors and 2 clerics. *shrug*

As far as I have been able to tell the numbers across the callings have been relatively decently split.
    Sorry but lieing isnt going to make it true. I played 2 classes a champ/paragon and a nightblade/assassin the damage was not comprable. im going to try a cleric this next beta and i am fully expecting it to out dps what my nightbade did last beta.

Ascendant

If you change energy you change the way the classes work, period.

If they do nothing but make energy regen not stop during ability use, rogue DPS goes up.

So wait and see.
    rogue dps goes up but only over time the first 5-7 seconds it stays the same and when transferring to the next target there dps goes back to square one where a warrior can maintain high dps cause his combo points carry over and he only needs 3 for max damage where a rogue needs 5. To me rogues combo points need to carry over and be a max of 4 instead of 5 and they need damage tooltip increases in a lot of places.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-19-2011 at 08:36 AM.

To answer the OP's question, it is....wait for it... wait for it... because they are different callings!

Woah, holy tough question batman.

Seriously... all the callings have different combat systems in rift, some classes have additional unique system in place. It's done so they don't all play the same. Same reason mages accumulate charge instead of combo points.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    To answer the OP's question, it is....wait for it... wait for it... because they are different callings!

Woah, holy tough question batman.

Seriously... all the callings have different combat systems in rift, some classes have additional unique system in place. It's done so they don't all play the same. Same reason mages accumulate charge instead of combo points.
    The warrior and rogue mechanic is exactly the same same build combo points to release a high damage finisher. Difference is warriors only need 3 points the rogue needs 5 and the warrior combo point remain after the target dies the rogues doesnt. there is nothing balanced about that. if you wanted it to stay the way it is rogue finishers would need a massive massive damage increase.

Sorry but lieing isnt going to make it true. I played 2 classes a champ/paragon and a nightblade/assassin the damage was not comprable. im going to try a cleric this next beta and i am fully expecting it to out dps what my nightbade did last beta.
    Uhm, are you incapable of reading what I wrote, perhaps?

The number of people playing the various callings has in my experience been relatively even.

Rea

The number of people playing the various callings has in my experience been relatively even.
    ur experience isnt true! he said it!

it was an inception, dont believe urself

Telaran

The warrior and rogue mechanic is exactly the same same build combo points to release a high damage finisher. Difference is warriors only need 3 points the rogue needs 5 and the warrior combo point remain after the target dies the rogues doesnt. there is nothing balanced about that. if you wanted it to stay the way it is rogue finishers would need a massive massive damage increase.
    not quite there is a major difference

Rogue combo point points are on the target - this means if you use an AOE builder you gain combo points on each target hit which technically would allow 2+ targets to be at 5 combo points

Warrior combo points are stored on themselves - even if they use AOE builders they only get 1 point

difference? rogues can technically use 2 finishers one after the other on 2 different targets - warriors will always need to build after using a finisher

in practice its a small difference but thought id point it out

Ascendant

There is nothing remotely even about rogue and warrior dps or burst potential. You dont even need to play the game to see it.The first finisher the champ gets is 140% weapon+ extra damage the nightblade first finisher is weapon damage+lower number of extra damage. The champ gets higher contribution from his weapon damage and has higher extra damage, which classs is the leather wearing mdps class again?

There is nothing remotely even about rogue and warrior dps or burst potential. You dont even need to play the game to see it.The first finisher the champ gets is 140% weapon+ extra damage the nightblade first finisher is weapon damage+lower number of extra damage. The champ gets higher contribution from his weapon damage and has higher extra damage, which classs is the leather wearing mdps class again?
    Way to fail twice at reading.

I can do that too.

But I think apples are much better than oranges, so I am going to make ham for dinner. You are crazy not to agree.
    Last edited by Corwynn_Maelstrom; 01-19-2011 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast