+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I see alot of necromancer builds in the mage threads....

Telaran

Default So I see alot of necromancer builds in the mage threads....

Seems to me this might be the most populated mage soul. So I'll probably steer clear of it just for that reason. But beyond that, I went and tried to build a super survivable mage class. Tell me what you guys think. Please keep in mind I have never played this game, so alot of the mechanics are unfamiliar to me, such as charge etc. but it seems fairly important, I studied all the tooltips pretty hard to come up with this self healing warlock/chloro build with a 0 point pvp for the free cc breaker. Also this is a build that I kept pvp in the front of my mind for while also being quite versatile in a pve group type setting. Tell me what you guys think. thanks.
    http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...nts=0&lang=eng

Telaran

Also there are some other things I'm not totally sure of, like does chloros Call of Spring 15% increase to my heal effects and spells effect the warlocks self healing spells/dots?

I like the Warlock/Necro/Chloro I fiddled with at the end of B4. You need to know that Synthesis is useless for healing yourself, and without a pet of some kind, you're not going to be using it at all outside of a group.

That said it looks fine.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Quote Originally Posted by KŠn´m View Post
    Also there are some other things I'm not totally sure of, like does chloros Call of Spring 15% increase to my heal effects and spells effect the warlocks self healing spells/dots?
    Probably . . .

Default yeah

it might not be the most populated the pyro might just be populated but not alot of people could be good necros seing as how warlock and necro go hand in hand and you got people wanting to cc dominator style with squirrel nuts and dont no know dots will still do damage and break the spell making that pointless in pvp and pve

Telaran

Yea I went with synthesis mainly for when I'm standing in the back, my brother is notorious for rolling healers, so if I synthesis him he can focus on everybody else just a little better (myself included). Or cast it on some melee brute running to the frontlines and fire and forget and start dotting people up. I'm sure he'll be thankful and so will I for him being up longer means people will always be more concerned at first with whats chewing into them at close range, leaving me to my evil devices.

Edit: yea I wanted to originally go warlock/necro myself, but I find myself unable to put anything less than 44 in warlock tree, hell, I still feel a strong urge to just go 51 in it. But yea the necro tree felt weak without having enough points to really kick it into gear.
    Last edited by KŠn´m; 01-19-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Shadowlander

The reason you see so many necro/lock and lock/necro threads is that it is quite possibly the fastest leveling spec. The ability to kill elites solo and 3-4 mobs at lvl 27 with little to no downtime is easily done while other mage souls will struggle.

Telaran

Hmm I see, that makes sense. Although it's not a major concern of mine, I can see the appeal. But if alot of ppl take the easy leveling route just to respec at max level than they will be much less experienced at that role. I think I'll prefer to be really good at what I do. But I think the mass survivability of this build coupled with fears could possibly make for some easy soloing/kiting. Lock has stuns and slows at it's disposal.

Something to remember is that you can get more roles. Up to 4. By the time you are level 10 you can easily have two roles, and by your early 20's three. That means you can switch out as you please situationally.

Telaran

Oh that is most excellent news... So let me get this straight. You can have multiple spec paths *saved*, and just kinda cast an out of combat type spell to swap the specs? If so, I love this game even more.
    edit: are all 4 roles stuck in the mage tree or can you actually swap main souls too?

Also if anybody has the answer to this question. Are the armor sets you see in the official site class info pages actually representative of that class in the game? I.E. Can you only where certain set armors when you are in your spec for that main role? I know some of them were great, but I have to say the picture on the warlock page is possible the coolest gear set I have ever seen. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by KŠn´m; 01-19-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Oh that is most excellent news... So let me get this straight. You can have multiple spec paths *saved*, and just kinda cast an out of combat type spell to swap the specs? If so, I love this game even more.

Also if anybody has the answer to this question. Are the armor sets you see in the official site class info pages actually representative of that class in the game? I.E. Can you only where certain set armors when you are in your spec for that main role? I know some of them were great, but I have to say the picture on the warlock page is possible the coolest gear set I have ever seen. Thanks in advance.
    2 second out of combat swap time, yes.

Most people view the gear we have seen so far as being ugly and plain. There's speculation that later sets will actually look better.

Beta being capped at 27 is not helping us see much of the later content, to be sure.

[QUOTE=KŠn´m;528516]
    are all 4 roles stuck in the mage tree or can you actually swap main souls too?
    Fortunately you cannot swap main souls - you're frozen in whatever calling you selected.

If it were not the case, the game would have no replayability value - once you get a single character to 50, you have 0 incentive to level another one ever again. That would quickly be the bane of the game.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 01-19-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Telaran

Yea, that's definitely to be expected at the lower levels, 15 years of mmo'ing have taught me that you always look like a poor ragamuffin early on. I figured there was some kind of level cap, just didn't know if there was info out there I had not yet found. Either way, I'm amped for this game, I wasn't keeping tabs on anything new since I was wasting my time in wow:cata, but after my cousin talked about the beta and perusing the main site, I discovered the calculator and was immediately converted lol.

Thanks for all the help, I really hope this game builds a better community than all the recent mmos. I yearn for the days of EQ and DAOC communities.

Telaran

[QUOTE=Ashnazg;528548]

Fortunately you cannot swap main souls - you're frozen in whatever calling you selected.

If it were not the case, the game would have no replayability value - once you get a single character to 50, you have 0 incentive to level another one ever again. That would quickly be the bane of the game.
    GOOD! I think that would simply cheapen the efforts of those who play those classes from the start. One of my complaints with WoW's current state. You can lvl cap in a week, making the accomplishment non-existant and encouraging flavor of the month rollers.

Prophet of Telara

Yup.

You're meandering along in your Necro/Lock/Dom levelling spec, doing some quests... and you come across a rift battle going on. So you basically press a button and a few seconds later, you're a Chloro/Arch/Lock that will heal/support the entire rift battle. The shortcut bars switch around automatically for you.

The moment when you first do it, is the moment when you suddenly really understand why the rift character building system is soooo very very cool.

X

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast