+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftblade and Void Knight?

Default Riftblade and Void Knight?

Does anyone know anything about the Riftblade and Void Knight yet, other than the names being mentioned in an article? Ever since Shadowbane I've wanted to play a warrior type that mixed in a little (non-clerical) magic, but most games just don't give that option. Almost universally Warrior + spells = Paladin. That's fine, I like paladins well enough, but playing a plate wearing, sword wielding, fire throwing offensive warrior was fun . . . even if he wasn't particularly effective, heh.

I like options, I almost always play hybrid type characters (EQ Paladin, DAoC Warden, WoW Druid, Paladin, Shaman, EQ2 Paladin, etc.) but I'm pretty tired of the melee + holy magic types. I've never minded giving up power for flexibility (I played a DAoC Warden to level cap FFS!), and even though we can have up to 3 souls, it won't mean much if they're just different flavors of the same thing.

Riftblade and Void Knight sound like the sorts of things that could be mixing in a little magic. Anyone know?

Yes, and I posted some of their abilities. You can find it if you search.

In a nutshell, Riftblade = spears + elemental attacks, Void Knight = anti-magic tanking.

Well, thank you for the response. Search doesn't net me anything though. I found your post by looking through your post history, but a blind search doesn't turn up anything useful.

Somewhat unrelated, but I like spears as weapons.

Elementally powered spears sound awesome!
    Butt-kicking for goodness! -Minsc, Baldur's Gate series

Visit my blog, Games and Geekery. I talk about MMOs, other games, and assorted bits of collected geekery.

I totally agree. Spears+magic= teh awesome!

yep I am very excited about Riftblades because of the Spears.... I think Spears are way underused in MMOs... they make for such incredibly cool weapons...

the spears are pretty much THE reason why I played a Warden in LotRO for so long ^^

Spear or polearms? I love halberds and others like pike and tridents
    We all can only be who we are nothing more and nothing less.

I think Spears are way underused in MMOs
    I totally agree with that. Either that or they are used but there are only a handful of worthwhile ones that get tossed once you out level them. Or they just lump them in with other two handed weapons or polearms and don't distinguish the skills used by spears.

+ Reply to Thread