+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Radiant spores

Shadowlander

Default Radiant spores

Say I'm in a group with 2 Zero point Chloro's. Will their radiant spores stack?

Will the effect be 2 separate chances of 15% each to heal for 100% of my damage?
    This will lead to an average of 30% of my DPS returning to my own health pool, with a small chance of both of them proccing at the same time, returning 200% of that particular attack.
    Or will it be a simple 30% chance? Same average effect as above, with no chance of both proccing on a single hit.

The first becomes more desirable once you get 7 or more 0 point chloro's in a raid, or 4 or more 13 point chloro's.
    Example: 10 Chloro's with 13 points doing Radiant spores (each has a 30% chance of returning 100 of the damage dealt) averaging a 300% return on DPS (averaged over time) Or will it max out at 100%? Or will it simply not stack, and max at 30%?

It'd make raiding as a 3rd soul chloro's far less useful if this one ability didn't stack.

Another question, does Life giving veil proc off damage to yourself? (Go Go NecroLockingChloro)
    Last edited by Guldan; 01-19-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Rift Chaser

Radiant spores doesn't stack. It will just be overwritten. The only benefit to taking multiple chloromancers is to keep it up on more targets so people can take advantage of AOE healing from it. Lifegiving veil procs only on your damage done. Grouping a bunch of life damage/lifegiving veil based chloromancers is a really good way to AOE heal everyone in the raid.
    Last edited by airflow; 01-19-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by airflow View Post
    Radiant spores doesn't stack. It will just be overwritten. The only benefit to taking multiple chloromancers is to keep it up on more targets so people can take advantage of AOE healing from it. Lifegiving veil procs only on your damage done. Grouping a bunch of life damage/lifegiving veil based chloromancers is a really good way to AOE heal everyone in the raid.
    Good. I could really see the extreme overpoweredness of everyone in the raid healing for 300% of their own DPS.

Shadowlander

Does Life giving veil heal the mage as well ?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vennedra View Post
    Does Life giving veil heal the mage as well ?
    Yes but while you have lifegiving veil up yourself you won't get healed by another Chloromancers lifegiving veil heals (if you wanted another chloromancer to heal you with their lifegiving veil you would need to cancel your own).

Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Veckna; 01-19-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    The Devil can wait, my soul now belongs to Kemwer for the sig

Prophet of Telara

But note: other AoE Chloro heals will affect other Chloros.

X

Shadowlander

Thats makes sense, thank's

Shadowlander

I can definitely picture a raid consisting of 1 tank and 19 Chloromanacers being the first to down raid bosses. 19 Constant AoE heals... as long as the tank doesn't get one shot, you win.

Rift Chaser

I'd take 2 tanks and 18 chloromancers just to be safe. Anyone want to set this up in-game for headstart?
    Last edited by airflow; 01-19-2011 at 06:34 PM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Guldan View Post
    I can definitely picture a raid consisting of 1 tank and 19 Chloromanacers being the first to down raid bosses. 19 Constant AoE heals... as long as the tank doesn't get one shot, you win.
    God, I hope they make it so that this isn't feasible without completely gutting Chloro's AoE healing potential.

If I had to guess, I would guess that there might be rather large damage spikes that might require a big heal beyond what even 18 Chloros can provide (but if even 18 Chloros couldn't provide enough healing... would that mean that their AoE raid healing would be too inferior to be of use as well??). Either that, or there will be DPS checks in which 18 Chloros wouldn't be able to supply the necessary DPS to pass.

Something like that...

Rift Chaser

I can see a lot of 2 tank, 2 dominator (mass exhaustion), 16 chloro raid groups rushing through stuff easily.

That wouldn't really cause grounds for a nerf, since 16 chloromancers likely wasn't intended. But still... you could count me in as a dps/tank x3 *is a VK/Ch, but can use whatever*

Prophet of Telara

It would be no less possible to have 18 wardens or purifiers and 2 tanks... if you go to that much trouble, then you can win against just about anything. It's only a question of time.

Even spikes wouldn't be that much trouble, given that you'd also have 18 synthesis buffs... and 18 chloros able to hit their Entropic Veil hehe. As somebody already said... only 1 shots would drop the tank really.

X

Shadowlander

Being able to heal and DPS at the same time is going to be nearly impossible to balance against for raids.
    Increase Damage of boss: won't work unless it oneshots the tank. (and if that one shot is a spell, Natural conversion will make short work of that) And if it's melee one shot... well won't matter what the group make up is... a one shot is a one shot

Nerf of Chloro's: won't work, just makes fighting take longer

Nerf healing: You'd really have to nerf it into the ground.

Only thing I can think of is Enrage timers: but this doesn't really work if you have 18 people with soul tether. Couple with the fact, that all 18 chloros could have main specs that dish out the same amount of damage, without sacrificing any to AoE heal.

Make their AoE cost more mana: Couple it with Necro Reclaim power.

Simply make it so hard that 2 tanks and 18 DPSing AoE healing Cholor necks can't beat the boss. (Do you think another combination would be able to do better at that point?) 90% of the raid with Soul tether is gonna make it really friggen hard to wipe, short of a AoE raid wiping one shot... but then again, what'll survive that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post
    God, I hope they make it so that this isn't feasible without completely gutting Chloro's AoE healing potential.

If I had to guess, I would guess that there might be rather large damage spikes that might require a big heal beyond what even 18 Chloros can provide (but if even 18 Chloros couldn't provide enough healing... would that mean that their AoE raid healing would be too inferior to be of use as well??). Either that, or there will be DPS checks in which 18 Chloros wouldn't be able to supply the necessary DPS to pass.

Something like that...
    Guys, you have to remember that Radiant Spores only gives a 30% of actually landing the heal.

See build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRz_.gbhuoVc.h
    Cody "Micajah" Bye
    Director of Content - ZAM
    ZAM RIFT Database
    ZAM's Rift Soul Calculator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast