+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Nechloromancer Playing with life and death..?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Maleficient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Nechloromancer Playing with life and death..?

    This build --> http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...16,5_&lang=eng

    Viable mage healer with dps output?
    Discuss... Trolls welcome lol!

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    301

    Default

    You really need soul purge if you take necromancer. It's the main DPS ability once you get it. Going over 20 in chloro isn't really worth it unless you intend on healing full time. You're better off taking warlock to boost your damage. With warlock you get a charge boost and in-combat power regen through Sacrifice Life: Mana which will let you keep casting forever.

    Necro/Lock/Chloro:
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...18,5_&lang=eng

    This would be a slightly more viable Necro/chloro focused build with dominator sitting in the third slot for transmogrify.
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng
    Last edited by airflow; 01-19-2011 at 03:23 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser RadioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    366

    Default

    At the moment, there is a general consensus that chloromancers will be considered backup heals even with a 51 point investment, and they STILL do more damage than an Archon at any rate.

    If you wanted to play more of a support role, maybe with Dom as your tertiary for Transmogrify, this could totally work.

    More than that, i LOVE the idea of a chloro/necro, dealing with growth and decay...so much more interesting than the Life : Death dichotomy of the Inquisitor. Bonus points for an awesome theme
    Last edited by RadioD; 01-19-2011 at 03:19 AM.
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Here is the build i plan to use if I stick with mage in game.

    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...18,5_&lang=eng

    This is what i used in beta for the limited points i had,.with 6 points into ele the tank pet was able to hold agro on mobs up to lvl 27 and with synthesis it never died.

    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Sponx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficient View Post
    This build --> http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...16,5_&lang=eng

    Viable mage healer with dps output?
    Discuss... Trolls welcome lol!
    The thing is, Chlormancers already are good at dealing damage, and most of their healing output comes straight from dealing damage to a target. A Necromancer combo with chloromancer is very nice, though, especially seeing as you can first add dots to the target and then just spam your best damaging abilities. Add a warlock to that build for some extra dots and you're golden.
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser RadioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coinside View Post
    Here is the build i plan to use if I stick with mage in game.

    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...18,5_&lang=eng

    This is what i used in beta for the limited points i had,.with 6 points into ele the tank pet was able to hold agro on mobs up to lvl 27 and with synthesis it never died.

    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng
    Love that top one, throw synthesis on your pet and he'd be this unstoppable force of awesomeness. I can just see him on the battlefield, disease and corruption decaying the plants that spring up from his skeletal frame due to your healing, a thorny rose growing out a vacant eyesocket and big ropey vines holding his spine together, haha! seriously cool image.
    Last edited by RadioD; 01-19-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I made a cleric last couple of hours in beta and at 15 I felt the dps was much higher then my necro

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airflow View Post
    You really need soul purge if you take necromancer. It's the main DPS ability once you get it. Going over 20 in chloro isn't really worth it unless you intend on healing full time. You're better off taking warlock to boost your damage. With warlock you get a charge boost and in-combat power regen through Sacrifice Life: Mana which will let you keep casting forever.

    Necro/Lock/Chloro:
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...18,5_&lang=eng

    This would be a slightly more viable Necro/chloro focused build with dominator sitting in the third slot for transmogrify.
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng
    If you want to go this route then I would suggest a few alterations to your build.

    1) Pick up Feign Death. This in my opinion is a core ability for the Necro and is a great aggro dump. It does make you loose your pet but it puts you out of combat and can save your butt to fight again once your pet is up and running. Might want to either remove 1 point from Greater Consumption or 1 point in Raised in Nature to do this.

    2) Remove 1 point in Raised in Nature and pick up Nature's Touch. This will help out on your dps and also the healing done by your Lifegiving Veil. You may want to read the description of Lifegiving Veil again.

    3) The skill Lifegiving Veil gives more healing when you use Life based damage spells. While you can mix in the Necro damage skills you will not do as much healing as if you were relying more on the Life side verses the Death side of dps.

    4) You really do not need Raised in Nature at all. Your pet will be your shield and if you loose aggro or your pet dies simply hit Feign Death and try again.

    5) I would take the 5 points out of Natural Awareness and place them into Accelerated Growth. It seems from your build you will be using more death than life skills so Natural Awareness may not be up all the time as if you were using mainly Life skills. The points put into Accelerated Growth would give you non-varying increase in your life based dps.

    There are a few other things I would suggest but I need to run to a meeting. If you would like my help or suggestions in making a build please pm me and when I get back tonight and I will help as I can.

    The most important thing is, just have fun in what ever build you make.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    301

    Default

    The first build I posted is not meant to life dps at all outside of tossing Ruin once in a while. The 25% int boost is for more DoT damage. 21% int to endurance is too good to pass up considering how high your int can go. Radiant Spores and Soul purge stack, giving a lot more healing than any of the life spells. At higher levels, life shift is a much more powerful heal (one of the reasons to take raised in nature). Relying too much on the necromancer pet is a bad idea and Feign death is a preference ability.. I'd rather have 5% more mana per consumption cast than a skill that I'd rarely ever use.
    Last edited by airflow; 01-19-2011 at 05:37 AM.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    At the moment, there is a general consensus that chloromancers will be considered backup heals even with a 51 point investment,
    I wouldn't say that a well-specced Chloro is a back-up healer. I suppose it depends upon what you mean by 'back-up' healer, though.

    Chloros may not be able to deliver the level of healing that a healing specced Cleric will do, but they'll be able to function extremely well as an instance healer and very competently as a rift/invasion healer - particularly with careful selection of secondary souls. None of us know yet, whether a Chloro will be able to main heal at a raid.

    If 'back-up healer' means that they can step into those roles and do the job, but a cleric may be able to do it better... then yup I guess that would be right. But if 'back-up healer' means a healer that is only useful supporting a cleric (as his 'back-up) then I think that's wrong.

    When push comes to shove... it's whether you can do the job that's important - and it seems clear that well-specced chloros, with well-chosen secondary souls can do the job well in most situations.

    X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 01-19-2011 at 06:31 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser RadioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    I wouldn't say that a well-specced Chloro is a back-up healer. I suppose it depends upon what you mean by 'back-up' healer, though.

    Chloros may not be able to deliver the level of healing that a healing specced Cleric will do, but they'll be able to function extremely well as an instance healer and very competently as a rift/invasion healer - particularly with careful selection of secondary souls. None of us know yet, whether a Chloro will be able to main heal at a raid.

    If 'back-up healer' means that they can step into those roles and do the job, but a cleric may be able to do it better... then yup I guess that would be right. But if 'back-up healer' means a healer that is only useful supporting a cleric (as his 'back-up) then I think that's wrong.

    When push comes to shove... it's whether you can do the job that's important - and it seems clear that well-specced chloros, with well-chosen secondary souls can do the job well in most situations.

    X
    Yeah sorry, when i say "backup healer" what i mean is someone able to carry their own weight providing another function besides healing, and able to potentially fill the position in full should the main healer go down, or multiple healers be needed in a moment of panic mid-combat

    You bring him to the party because he's a cool and useful healing class, but you don't expect him to take the place of a cleric.

    I hope i'm wrong though, i would love to see chloros being main raid heals, it's such a unique class


    That being said! a chloro/necro would certainly fall under the category of backup heals, especially given that the chloro tends to out-DPS the necro from the numbers i've seen. Then again, half a necro's DPS is in his pet, so being able to sick 'em on things then go all life-based DPSy to improve your Lifegiving Veil and Chloro healing is an awesome concept.
    Last edited by RadioD; 01-19-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I was looking at something like this, but after reading some of the posts in here, I may have to re-think some things, and I'll have a much better idea of what spells and abilities I prefer using with actual hands-on. Some of the choices may change depending on how long Lich Form lasts.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser RadioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I was looking at something like this, but after reading some of the posts in here, I may have to re-think some things, and I'll have a much better idea of what spells and abilities I prefer using with actual hands-on. Some of the choices may change depending on how long Lich Form lasts.
    I was trying to play around with your spec, but there wasn't alot i could do to improve it, really. Looks like it'd work well!

    My personal thoughts on the Necro/Chloro build are that you want to grab and max as many pet-buffing talents as possible from necro, and turn around and try to grab as many self-DPS-buffing abilities as possible from chloro, so you end up sending in a beefy DPS machine, then sitting back and spamming life damage to take advantage of all those amazing Chloro synergies.
    -Sar'than, Oathbinder of the Blooded Stone

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Yeah, I wasn't sure if Vengeful Spirit would be better than Clattering Bones. Empty the Crypts can probably go, since it uses Charge and I would think that Wild Growth would be a better use in just about any situation, I just like the concept of summoning a bunch of skeletons (wish it lasted longer). The big question, which we'll hopefully find out next week, is how long Lich Form lasts. Combining it with Raised in Nature and your heals, I could see that being up almost all the time.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Bachmors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Nice concept ... especially with Lich-form.
    A 83% total damage increase of your pet (with life bane) is nothing to ignore

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts