+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Rogue Build

CPK

Default PvP Rogue Build

I've been particularly intrigued by the Nightblade soul, and after working on a build aimed toward PvP I came up with this:

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

It seems like a monster PvP build, but I'd like some extra opinions. It should have extremely good survivability and sustained DPS, but my main concern is if it will have enough burst damage potential. Thoughts?

It's decent as far as damage potential goes, but lacks the skills the rogue needs to actually get in range to kill or flee. For pvp I think the nightblade should only be used for the energy gain and the increased finishers damage. Infiltrator is a waste of points atm. The only useful skill that you got was Ambush and it requires too many points for a 5 min cd. Not worth it. Without infiltrator, nice pve build though. There's just far better combinations for the purpose of the build.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-19-2011 at 01:56 AM.

CPK

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    It's decent as far as damage potential goes, but lacks the skills the rogue needs to actually get in range to kill or flee. For pvp I think the nightblade should only be used for the energy gain and the increased finishers damage. Infiltrator is a waste of points atm. The only useful skill that you got was Ambush and it requires too many points for a 5 min cd. Not worth it. Without infiltrator, nice pve build though. There's just far better combinations for the purpose of the build.
    Wrong tree, I took took the Infiltrator path with the 10 meter teleport. That particular tree seems to make the rogue a beast when it comes to defending against CC, giving the ability to break all CC on a 2 minute cooldown with the Imp Break Free ability, 2 second reduction to all stun effects, and 50% decreased damage for 4 seconds after being stunned/rooted. The 5% run speed is also nice. Plus, I mainly wanted the perma-stealth from 20 points, since I want to do solo world pvp.

It's a shame that you don't think Nightblade can be viable in pvp... mind explaining why? It doesn't seem too bad to me, with all of its CC and heal reduction ability. I just don't know how great their damage potential will be and was wondering if anyone has tested it first hand yet.
    Last edited by CPK; 01-19-2011 at 02:05 AM.

imo nightblade makes the rogue very geared towards killing healers assuming outgoing and incomming heal debuffs stack. It just sucks that the % dmg in infiltrator only effects physical damage, or does this include the magic dmg styles. I honestly haven't looked very hard at nightblade since trying it in beta 2. It just seemed like assassin got a better deal, but we'll see when this goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by CPK View Post
    Wrong tree, I took took the Infiltrator path with the 10 meter teleport. That particular tree seems to make the rogue a beast when it comes to defending against CC, giving the ability to break all CC on a 2 minute cooldown with the Imp Break Free ability, 2 second reduction to all stun effects, and 50% decreased damage for 4 seconds after being stunned/rooted. The 5% run speed is also nice. Plus, I mainly wanted the perma-stealth from 20 points, since I want to do solo world pvp.

It's a shame that you don't think Nightblade can be viable in pvp... mind explaining why? It doesn't seem too bad to me, with all of its CC and heal reduction ability. I just don't know how great their damage potential will be and was wondering if anyone has tested it first hand yet.
    Yeah infiltrator is good for increasing damage, but damage is useless if you can't hit anything with it. Where's this perma stealth you talk of? It says dissapears from sight, not gives you improved stealth (the permanent one). There isn't anything wrong with nightblade per se, it's what's most efficient for how many points you have. You can spec assassin and get a bunch of awesome damaging skills with stuns, and perma stealth with no movement debuff and slip away. Then you can combine this with riftstalker for the planes shifitng abilities so you can actually catch things to hit. I was going to explain more, but it's turning into a wall of text so will stop, but the point is you get more for your buck combining these souls than nightblade with infiltrator.

CPK

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Yeah infiltrator is good for increasing damage, but damage is useless if you can't hit anything with it. Where's this perma stealth you talk of? It says dissapears from sight, not gives you improved stealth (the permanent one). There isn't anything wrong with nightblade per se, it's what's most efficient for how many points you have. You can spec assassin and get a bunch of awesome damaging skills with stuns, and perma stealth with no movement debuff and slip away. Then you can combine this with riftstalker for the planes shifitng abilities so you can actually catch things to hit. I was going to explain more, but it's turning into a wall of text so will stop, but the point is you get more for your buck combining these souls than nightblade with infiltrator.
    Camouflage, the 20 point Infiltrator ability, is perma-stealth. It's the same as what assassins get, except like you said, you still get the movement debuff.

I see where you're coming from about the assassin. However, I thought the Nightblade looked good because of its ranged capability and the fire/death damage attacks. This makes it seem like it would have a much better chance vs melee classes, especially warriors, because the elemental damage will be much more effective than physical damage vs heavy armor, and they have some kiting potential with the 6 second ranged snare every 8 seconds. As for catching enemies, perma-stealth alone allows you to position yourself, giving you the opportunity to open with 2s disorient or 5s silence. Twilight Force to keep them snared roughly 75% of the time (100% during Ebon Fury), as well as a 15s incapacitate that is usable during combat on a 30s cooldown (essentially a mez). If that's not enough, Riftstalker provides Planes Shifting, and Infiltrator provides a teleport and 5% increased run speed. To top it all off, the build is very anti-CC so it would be hard to shake off.

I'm not too worried about the CC of this class, but rather the potential of its spike damage. If this class can hit hard in addition to everything else it's capable of, I think it would be more than solid for world pvp. Of course, you are both welcome and encouraged to disagree, though. Appreciate the feedback.

I dont know a lot about rogue souls but i think this one is good for PvP:link: http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng.

Its a Assasin/Nightblade/Blade Dancer.

EDIT: Link Fixed.

CPK

Quote Originally Posted by gentleman View Post
    I dont know a lot about rogue souls but i think this one is good for PvP:link: http://ift-planner.com/#?archetype=2..._2019,5_2021,2.

Its a Assasin/Nightblade/Blade Dancer.
    Link doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread