+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric classes - overview and comparisons of each

Shadowlander

I am actually thinking of an Inquisitor/Purifier build or an Inquisitor/Sentinal build.... anyone considered this or think its viable.

Shadowlander

Oh well now Cabalist has come out... This game is definetely interesting. Can't wait to make a healer class.

Might go well with my Kelari Justicar idea. Justicar / Cabalist. It would fit with their lore. Have to find out what their abilities are and all.

PS for those also considering it, a screenshot recently went up on the main page (screenshot section) of what I'm guessing is a Female Kelari Cleric.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Soulwalker

So many good choices. I think I will be trying out Purifier, Sentinel, and Justicar. But as I look at it again my heart says not to forget Warden.

Until I read this I was pretty stuck on my primary soul being sentinel. Now, I donno. Really appreciate the summary but now I'm torn. You've forced me to try everything first dangit.
    We...are the chosen! We....are the Guardians.

There is just so much to choose from! I know I want the druid in one build and I felt very comfortable when I tried a purifier but now the warden sounds really good too. Also whats going to be available per faction in the end is a question. I'm really excited about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilem View Post
    I am actually thinking of an Inquisitor/Purifier build or an Inquisitor/Sentinal build.... anyone considered this or think its viable.
    IMO adding the inquisitor to a build will mainly be to increase CC. If that's your purpose then yes, it's viable, but you may also want to consider Inquisitor/Justicar. As I posted somewhere, a 21 Inquisitor / 30 Justicar gives you the following CC abilities:

- 8s AOE fear (Inquisitor)
    - Single-target knockback (Inquisitor)
    - 15s single-target confuse (Inquisitor)
    - Single-target 30% slow (Inquisitor)
    - Melee stun (Justicar)
    - 3s single-target root (Justicar)

Looks pretty good eh? I plan to play a healer + CC toon so I'm pretty excited about both the Inquisitor/Justicar and Dominator/Chloromancer builds.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

I'm going to step out of the box of what the healers actually do.

I'm more focused on how healing in Rift will be.

In some games healers are... well strictly healers.

But in some games such as EQ2 they can heal and dps while doing both effectively.

I'm interested to see how the healing works and based off of that.

I would make a descision as far as an alt that heals.

This for the write up! The idea of so many play styles is great and will keep me very busy. I also love the idea you can change your soul build depending on what is going on with the group.

Shadowlander

Sentinel The sentinel is the most classical cleric of the group. They have a number of rapid cast single target and group heals, and have a number of buffs that increase both armor and health. They also have a fair number of ranged spell based attacks that seem to do a reasonable amount of damage, as well as some spells that mitigate damage to the caster. They seem to be a strong defensive healer and have an in/out of combat resurrect.

I played a Cleric in EQ1 and a Templar in EQ2.. this looks like the class for me. In EQ2 I put all my AAs into heals and faster casting so I could be a solid healer for the Main Tank in our raids. I like to be able to DPS some but I've always played a healing healer in every game I've played. So excited and can't wait to play around with the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post
    This for the write up! The idea of so many play styles is great and will keep me very busy. I also love the idea you can change your soul build depending on what is going on with the group.
    No problem and thanks for the props.

I'm pretty excited about the clerics as well, and I'm sure my main will fall into that calling. Being able to switch between souls will be a welcome change of paces, since the healers in past games don't do particularly well solo (or if they do it takes forever to kill something). I keep toying around with justicar because it seems like one of those classes that will be amazing if played well, but I also know that reactive "cash in" heals are notoriously tricky in content that involves high spike damage.
    Last edited by Butr0sButr0s; 10-04-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

yeah burt ( tried to write your name 6 times.. gave up..) really nice post.

I am very curious about the Justicar. Full or mixed with the druid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rift Disciple

AHHH ...see now I hate you right now.
    Just when I thought I knew what I wanted to play you hit us with this..

How does one pick whe you have so many options to chose from.
    I always game with my wife and shes ( for the most part) does the tank thing. So do I go Sent/warden for the buffs and the heals or Justicar/shaman for the heals and melee support or do I go Purifier/Inq for ranged support, dmg medigation and cc with heals.......It so hard to chose. Thats whats gonna make this game shine above all others. Theres really no wrong way.

No one to say hey your build is wrong or your not playing your character right because you didnt put points into this ability.
    Gonna be great.

Thanks for getting this info to us gives me lots more to think about. You will actully have to PLAY your character and feel the character is truly yours. Much love for the inside men/women who take the time to do things like this for us. Awsome job keep up the great work!

Wow. I am impressed with the diversity and uniqueness that all of these healing classes will bring.
    I hope the descriptions match what each class will incorporate on release.
    I like the style of shaman, but the challenge of the Justicar intrigues me.

Edit - OP, where did you find all of this information about the cleric sub classes?
    Last edited by Rawr; 10-05-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    Wow. I am impressed with the diversity and uniqueness that all of these healing classes will bring.
    I hope the descriptions match what each class will incorporate on release.
    I like the style of shaman, but the challenge of the Justicar intrigues me.

Edit - OP, where did you find all of this information about the cleric sub classes?
    We mainly know about the souls via videos from game conventions like PAX, since the list on the official site hasn't been updated in a while. The information can be found on various fan sites including these:
    The second site allows you to actually build a combination of souls using known abilities.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast