+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock Spec That works for PvP & PvE

Rift Master

Default Warlock Spec That works for PvP & PvE

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

Warlock: 51
    Dominator: 0
    Archmage (PvP): 15

The alternative PvE build would be to drop Archmage (PvP) and pick up Chloro.

/Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

Warlock: 51
    Dominator: 0
    Archmage (PvP): 15

The alternative PvE build would be to drop Archmage (PvP) and pick up Chloro.

/Discuss
    that looks cool and yeah for the pve i would sugest picking up either necro or chloro for secondary soul

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by element necro View Post
    that looks cool and yeah for the pve i would sugest picking up either necro or chloro for secondary soul
    My main issue with Necro is the tooltip says the pet goes up to 24 and seeing how I will not have any points to put into it, would it not be better to have the CC of squirrel?

My main issue with Necro is the tooltip says the pet goes up to 24 and seeing how I will not have any points to put into it, would it not be better to have the CC of squirrel?
    im pretty sure with the fear that a lock does and a pet that a necro has and points in the talent tree to increase death damage dealt by a good percent in lock a Necro/Lock on end game would be a monster that rogues would hate to touch and dont forget the bonus that you get with more armor
    well check this talent planner out but i originaly made it for a necro/lock build but im sure you can correct all the mistakes i probrably made or in general just make it better than the original for a lock lol http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...nts=0&lang=eng but other than that rock on
    Last edited by element necro; 01-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Shadowlander

I was planning on a similar build, allthough points being more evenly spread out between necro and warlock.
    This build would be for PVE and starting out, feeling out the class.
    For PVP i assume more points into PVP soul from necro soul.

My worries are if there is enough DPS in this build?

Suggestions ? improvements?

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng
    Last edited by Fullmetaljacket; 01-19-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetaljacket View Post
    I was planning on a similar build, allthough points being more evenly spread out between necro and warlock.
    This build would be for PVE and starting out, feeling out the class.
    For PVP i assume more points into PVP soul from necro soul.

My worries are if there is enough DPS in this build?

Suggestions ? improvements?

lol yeah for the lock/ necro heres my emprovement on it for the pvp a that feign death talent my prove very useful and taking away that crit for more health http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng i think this will be a good pvp spec thanks for the help lol

Shadowlander

How does Feign Death work in PvP ? you become untargettable or something?
    I agree with you that the points in health are better spend than the total of 5% crit... but i suggest you get 44p into warlock to get the mass fear ability.

Or maybe a more PVE orientated build, putting points into the pet abilities and healing, and less into PVP skills like mass fear and bolt.

Last edited by Fullmetaljacket; 01-19-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetaljacket View Post
    How does Feign Death work in PvP ? you become untargettable or something?
    I agree with you that the points in health are better spend than the total of 5% crit... but i suggest you get 44p into warlock to get the mass fear ability.
    yeah you make a useful point on the feign death ability yeah you fake dead even unsummon pets and it forces them to untarget you as if you were dead

yeah you make a useful point on the feign death ability yeah you fake dead even unsummon pets and it forces them to untarget you as if you were dead
    I tested feign death last beta. In pvp it unsummons your pet and makes you lay on the floor. Your name is still red, you are not deselected and can still take full damage. I cannot see a use for it in pvp. In over it causes mobs to loose threat but again you are still targetable and take full damage

ok so never minds i guess fiegn death is primarily pve use only might be lucky to trick some idiots in pvp
    Last edited by element necro; 01-19-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Pretty sure it goes higher than that since we only see first rank of the spells. If you look at the Shadow revenant pet, lvl26 root, says max level is 32. Doesn't make sense since that's your highest level pet.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseus View Post
    Pretty sure it goes higher than that since we only see first rank of the spells. If you look at the Shadow revenant pet, lvl26 root, says max level is 32. Doesn't make sense since that's your highest level pet.
    If indeed the pet level increases past the tooltip, then I would need to know if it scales with master stats at all? Does it have avoidance? How effective will it be?

In PvP I need utility, survivability and DPS, assuming people use mitigation skills, will this pet be no more than a fly?

On Beta I actually found some nice uses for it while leveling as a tank or picking up those extra adds I pulled but in group play Pet Vs. Squirrel?

Default For mage I'd do something like this

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...18,5_&lang=eng

You have good AoE with firestorm, some single target damage with withering heat and leeching flames. I'm just not sure if those spells can crit to feed your mana from exhilaration or not since I havn't played one.

Shadowlander

Squirrels get a CC?

Wondertwin power's activate: Form of a Squirrel with CC!

ok so never minds i guess fiegn death is primarily pve use only might be lucky to trick some idiots in pvp

You would be surprised how often feign death worked with my hunter in WoW LOL. Even against one guy on the forums who swore up and down that he would never fall for feign death. We were fighting in hala and some guards spawned so I de-spawned my pet and feign death and he turned around and ran after someone else thinking I died. I think popped back up summon pet used my IWIN macro (The Beast Within, rapid shot, and trinket) and dropped him pounding on a healer within a few seconds. Was classic move even frapsed it so when he tried to deny it I had proof. In the end though was all good we all got a good laugh out of it and he said never again :P

But yea wont work all the time...will work rarely but those times it does are always a good laugh.

+ Reply to Thread