+ Reply to Thread

Thread: thinking MM for 1st beta

Rift Chaser

Default thinking MM for 1st beta

i'm going to start my Rift adventure on the 25th and i was thinking i wanted to be a marksman for my class (i enjoying ''ganking" form afar), but reading these post evryone is a MM. is it as bad as people are saying? other MM do you feel there is too many other MM around? I played AoC as a ranger and after the re vamp everyone was a ranger, and i hated trying to find raids because of it. I am a pvp'er first and for most. so any advice would be great. thanks!

play what you like. if you have trouble finding a raid you can switch roles to accommodate.

Rift Chaser

Sorry if this is common knowledge. I understand i can pick up to three classes, So when you say switch roles does that mean respec or will i be able to say switch to being more like a ranger or assassin on the fly?
    Last edited by Banono; 01-19-2011 at 12:13 AM.

You can have all the rogue souls, just not at the same time. So you have 3 active at once, but can respec and change those 3 souls for any of the others.

Rift Chaser

Oh ok... so if i pick a MM/RNG/SIN and hate it i can go Riftstalker/bard/something(sorry couldnt think of another soul off the top of my head). The more i hear the more i like!

Quote Originally Posted by Banono View Post
    Oh ok... so if i pick a MM/RNG/SIN and hate it i can go Riftstalker/bard/something(sorry couldnt think of another soul off the top of my head). The more i hear the more i like!
    Well not at the start of the game. You won't have many souls to mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Banono View Post
    i'm going to start my Rift adventure on the 25th and i was thinking i wanted to be a marksman for my class (i enjoying ''ganking" form afar), but reading these post evryone is a MM. is it as bad as people are saying? other MM do you feel there is too many other MM around? I played AoC as a ranger and after the re vamp everyone was a ranger, and i hated trying to find raids because of it. I am a pvp'er first and for most. so any advice would be great. thanks!
    Rangers in aoc, sigh. Just like hunters in wow, it's the morons class for facerollers and ****ups. Nobody wants them in their raids even if they weren't overpopulated!

Do yourself a favour and learn to play something remotely challenging

Plane Touched

after lvl 14 (or 15 w/e) you start the soul quests in sanctun(guardians) or meridian(defiants), so you can buy more than one role. I'm with 3 roles with my char atm, one for solo pve, one group pve (aka bard) and another one with pure dps/pvp and all that I need is two seconds to change it ^^. Btw if a group/raid want a tanker a riftstalker is amazing, so far is possible to tank all instances with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisheer View Post
    Btw if a group/raid want a tanker a riftstalker is amazing, so far is possible to tank all instances with it.
    The ability to tank... for a tank, that is amazing

+ Reply to Thread