+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any threads on the Warlord please?

Soulwalker

Default Any threads on the Warlord please?

Have done search and found very little, so please post any links for Warlord discussion.

thank you

Keri

Shadowlander

Default warlords

I have not seen any either, but i know warlord will be my 2nd tank soul for sure!

pally/War/ not yet desided

Telaran

people dont seem to flock to warlord. People that go warrior and want to tank tend to blindly attach to the familiar paladin thinking its the best tank because its the paladin (when honestly all the others trees for tanking in the warrior calling have jsut as much or more tanking talents and abilities.)

People who wanna go dps try and keep clear of warlord because thats not what the warlord is for.

Warlord is very much so a tanking soul that brings to the table strong buffs. Warlords seems to have a lot of threat control and seemingly can stack 3 threat reduction buffs on the raid at once permanently at partial strength or 1.5 up at full strength (if they stack that is not sure i dont play one).

This has great boons for the group they increase raid effectiveness and have alot of damage reduction talents as well as a 15% healing received boost. Paladins brings utility abilities, stuns, and one aoe shield when speced the way people have been specing them. Reavers bring a lot of mob damage reduction in the form of debuffs kinda like an anti warlord.

Telaran

They seem to be a popular secondary soul choice. What makes them unique among tanks is their ability to buff teammates with powerful percentage based extra damage/armour/healing of teammates.

Besides these short duration buffs, they also have raid wide statistic buffs called aspects (Similar to paladins.) They have a bit of utility with sergeants call, a taunt that also pulls the target to the Warlord. They also have an ability that can stop the death of a target once every three minutes as well as what looks to be an extremely powerful ultimate that heals 50% of a parties health..

The Warlord tree doesn't seem to offer as much in actual survivability when compared with the popular Tank souls Reaver and Paladin and at the same time offers no damage. I think this best explains their unpopularity. I can't see any advantage in leveling with it, but I bet they'll be viable utlity tanks later on.

Shadowlander

Well i leveled 2 tanks one warlord/pally/para and a pally/warlord/reaver and both did well but no matter what i take as a 3rd soul i spend all my points in pally and warlord because not only does the warlord offer buffs the attacks they have fit well with the pallys for agro in many ways, just one is the 2 AE attacks frontals. Pallys has long cooldown and does more damage, while the warlords on a fast cooldown and does med damage. Open a couple warlord AEs then a pallys the back to warlords for a few more hits and it takes ALOT to pull any of those 3 mobs off you. Pally just has the best defensive abiliys and makes life easy for PvE and some PvP tanks, but i would be hard pressed to spend any points in a 3rd soul until i am 30 30ish in pally/warlord ( really does not matter what one you take first anyway) for a PvE tank and a fang holder for PvP...atleast from beta 4 that was my findings

Telaran

http://preview.tinyurl.com/68dlchj (preview to confirm not a hostile link)

32 Paladin
    34 Warlord
    00 Riftblade

Line item bonuses
    Paladin
    10% block
    15% endurance
    30% threat
    -9% spell damage
    25% block +1 AP
    06% hit bonus
    Blocked attacks deal 140% of weapon damage back, heal self for 100% of that damage
    30% dam bonus to 3 abils, 2 of which heal self for 30% of dam dealt

(Pick one of the following)
    5% block and 10% hit rate OR
    5% block and armor by 317

non-gcd abils
    reuse 6s, interrupt
    (b) reuse 6s, dam + threat
    (b) reuse 30s, dam + threat + 5s disarm
    (b) reuse 60s, aoe dam + threat + stun

(b) = must be used after a block

Warlord
    10% armor OR 5% dam reducer for 6s to target that strikes me, will need to analyze
    05% block OR 5% dodge OR other abil from prior line (if block bonus doesn't stack)
    ++ threat from attacks made by, or directed at, me
    being crit hit heals 15% of the damage taken
    15% increase in healing received
    30s death save on 3 min reuse
    100% (presumably) increase to health regeneration

(these next two may not stack)
    05% reduction to enemy hit rates, 27m(?) range
    05% increase in damage taken by enemy from melee attacks

Riftblade
    Self buff regens 30 pow on crit hits

Additional notes
    • Warlord has 5s disarm on 15s reuse, enhancement reduces target parry/dodge/block by 5% when disarmed by me. May apply when paladin disarm ability is used as well. If so then that means ~50% of the time this bonus can apply.
    • Pin Target (20s reuse) and Locked Down (30s reuse, aoe) reduce affected enemy hit rate by 30% for 6s
    • Able to provide raidwide bonuses of 6% phys dam, 6% spell dam, 9% healing for 22s dur each, on 15s reuse.
    • Generates AP's rapidly due to 4 non-gcd abils, 2 of which are on 6s reuse, as well as 25% of blocked attacks providing an AP that doesn't require expending power to gain it.
    • Build generates a ridiculous amount of threat. Should be able to hold aggro like a pro.
    • 15% increase in healing from Warlord may increase the passive healing from Paladin side triggered from a block, or it may not, needs testing.
    • Excellent amount of aoe attacks, need to confirm no blocking of complementing class abilities through shared cooldown timers.
    • Paladin provides : 3 target / 15s reuse, all target / 60s reuse (3s aggro lock), all target reactive strike / 8s reuse (AP consumer), 5 target / 12s reuse, all target / 60s reuse
    • Warlord provides : all target / 60s reuse (3s aggro lock), all target (in front of) / 10s reuse, all target / 30s reuse

Possible issues
    • Passive health regen during combat may be meaningless, if so then points spent increasing this number by 100% is useless.
    • Possible power inefficiency, potential solution: scavenge 2 points away from warlord tree and make 10% of melee attacks regain 20 pow from Riftblade tree.
    • Spell damage reduction is only -9%, may need an alternate role for spell heavy fights to obtain 24% or abouts reduction instead.
    • No status effect breaker, role is intended for PVE raid type scenarios so someone else should be cleansing you.
    • Possible stacking issues, build is theorycrafted so nothing is tested.

I played with a 16/10 Paladin Warlord for PvE tanking and had good experiences. I think it's a solid tanking soul and combines quite well with other tanking souls.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

When reading about the Warlord, I automatically thought of the Captain class in Lord of the Rings Online. I just pre-ordered so I am hoping to be able to try a Warlord combo during the next beta event.

Plane Touched

The Lotro capy is a healer.
    The warlord, not so.
    I dont know yet what will be their utility, i guess either no one will use them, or everyone will have one in raid. It's hard to tell.
    For sure, they are on the low end spectrum of survival when it comes to tanking.
    For buffing, i'd take an archon or a bard any time before a WL.
    I dont see where they could fit.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Harowen View Post
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/68dlchj (preview to confirm not a hostile link)

32 Paladin
    34 Warlord
    00 Riftblade

Line item bonuses
    Paladin
    10% block
    15% endurance
    30% threat
    -9% spell damage
    25% block +1 AP
    06% hit bonus
    Blocked attacks deal 140% of weapon damage back, heal self for 100% of that damage
    30% dam bonus to 3 abils, 2 of which heal self for 30% of dam dealt

(Pick one of the following)
    5% block and 10% hit rate OR
    5% block and armor by 317

non-gcd abils
    reuse 6s, interrupt
    (b) reuse 6s, dam + threat
    (b) reuse 30s, dam + threat + 5s disarm
    (b) reuse 60s, aoe dam + threat + stun

(b) = must be used after a block

Warlord
    10% armor OR 5% dam reducer for 6s to target that strikes me, will need to analyze
    05% block OR 5% dodge OR other abil from prior line (if block bonus doesn't stack)
    ++ threat from attacks made by, or directed at, me
    being crit hit heals 15% of the damage taken
    15% increase in healing received
    30s death save on 3 min reuse
    100% (presumably) increase to health regeneration

(these next two may not stack)
    05% reduction to enemy hit rates, 27m(?) range
    05% increase in damage taken by enemy from melee attacks

Riftblade
    Self buff regens 30 pow on crit hits

Additional notes
    • Warlord has 5s disarm on 15s reuse, enhancement reduces target parry/dodge/block by 5% when disarmed by me. May apply when paladin disarm ability is used as well. If so then that means ~50% of the time this bonus can apply.
    • Pin Target (20s reuse) and Locked Down (30s reuse, aoe) reduce affected enemy hit rate by 30% for 6s
    • Able to provide raidwide bonuses of 6% phys dam, 6% spell dam, 9% healing for 22s dur each, on 15s reuse.
    • Generates AP's rapidly due to 4 non-gcd abils, 2 of which are on 6s reuse, as well as 25% of blocked attacks providing an AP that doesn't require expending power to gain it.
    • Build generates a ridiculous amount of threat. Should be able to hold aggro like a pro.
    • 15% increase in healing from Warlord may increase the passive healing from Paladin side triggered from a block, or it may not, needs testing.
    • Excellent amount of aoe attacks, need to confirm no blocking of complementing class abilities through shared cooldown timers.
    • Paladin provides : 3 target / 15s reuse, all target / 60s reuse (3s aggro lock), all target reactive strike / 8s reuse (AP consumer), 5 target / 12s reuse, all target / 60s reuse
    • Warlord provides : all target / 60s reuse (3s aggro lock), all target (in front of) / 10s reuse, all target / 30s reuse

Possible issues
    • Passive health regen during combat may be meaningless, if so then points spent increasing this number by 100% is useless.
    • Possible power inefficiency, potential solution: scavenge 2 points away from warlord tree and make 10% of melee attacks regain 20 pow from Riftblade tree.
    • Spell damage reduction is only -9%, may need an alternate role for spell heavy fights to obtain 24% or abouts reduction instead.
    • No status effect breaker, role is intended for PVE raid type scenarios so someone else should be cleansing you.
    • Possible stacking issues, build is theorycrafted so nothing is tested.

So far all the warlord buffs i've tried stack with pally. And the passive block bonus was 1 that i had, so i know for a fact it stacks.

There is ZERO passive health regen happening during combat, so buffing 0 by 100% isn't going to do anything. I know this because I got bugged during a few rift invasions that stuck me in combat until i logged. I couldn't drink and wasn't regening any health at all the entire time. Having someone cast a heal on me was the only way to increas my health (or a pot every 5 minutes or w/e timer they have on those things)

You have more than the 9% magic reduction fyi. most of those -5% damage talents in all the trees are ALL damage so you can add those too.

As for your power concerns, they are valid. My Pally warlord reaver (at 27) was the ONLY warrior i had power issues with. That is due to the vast number of non-gcd abilities you can through around especially since you are usually blocking lilke a madman. I blocked so much with it that my reactives were ALL usually still on cooldown when they popped up .

It was a fun build though, and once fleshed out with all the points at level 50 it should be an amazing tank.

This looks pretty much how I will spec for off-tanking/support tanking, PVE. Crazy amount of group/raid utility, and still solid and decently strong threat-wise. Trading off some personal DPS, of course. Check through the Warlord benefits....every group/raid should have one imo lol...

Off-Tank Warlord(44)/Paladin(20)/Voidknight(2)
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...oid_knight.200

From Warlord….

Call to Arms (15 second cooldown): Increase PHYSICAL Damage of all group and raid members, while reducing their threat for 22 seconds. 1 point = 2% increase in physical damage, 2 pts = 4%, 3 pts = 6%

Disarming Blow (15 second cooldown): Disarms for 5 seconds, reduces parry/block/dodge by 5%

Call to Focus Fire (15 second cooldown): Increase SPELL Damage of all group and raid members, while reducing their threat for 22 seconds.

No Permission to Die (3 minute cooldown): Lasts 30 seconds, 1 ally at time. Killing blow does not kill and instead heals ally for 50% of their max health. Death prevention.

Call to Aid (15 second cooldown): Increase HEALING Damage of all group and raid members, while reducing their threat for 22 seconds.

Battlefield Distraction: Nearby enemies have their To Hit reduced by 5%

Spotter’s Order: Lasts 16 seconds and all attacks the enemy receive have damage increased by…1 point= 2 damage +1 Damage over time, 2 pts=3 damage +2 Damage over time, 3 pts=5 damage +3 Damage over time

Aspect of the Fallen Hero: All party members get 7.5 to endurance

Commander’s Order: Increases Damage or Healing of allies next ability used and reduces threat for 25 seconds.1 point = 5% damage or healer, 2 pts =10 % to damage or healer, 3 pts = 15% to damage or healing

Aspect of the Elements: Increases party or raid resists by 75 for earth, fire, water, air

Cracking Skulls: Force aggro onto the Warlord for 3 seconds

Cutting Distraction: Enemies take 5% more melee damage

Untenable Position: Any target hit by any of 3 abilities has their To Hit chance reduced by 30% for 6 seconds

Rallying Call (Cooldown 2 minutes): Increases party or raid health and resistances for 15 seconds. 1 point = 10% health + 15 resists, 25% health + 30 resists, 50% health + 40 resists

Aspect of the Rifts: Reduces Magic damage done to party by 15% (lasts 1 hour)

Planar Distraction: Nearby enemies have their casting times increased by 20%

From Paladin…

Reverant Protection (3 minute cooldown): 10 meter range. Surrounds all allies with a damage absorbing shield for 30 seconds. 1 point absorbs 268, 2 pts absorbs 469, 3 pts absorbs 671

Aegis of Salvation: 25 meter range, lasts 1 hour. Increases endurance by 10

Touch of Life: Heals an ally 100% of the warriors health

Judgment: Aggro lock on warrior for 3 seconds

Life’s Grace: Revive ally

From Void Knight…

Insatiable Hunger: 10% chance to drain 1% mana

Devouring Blow: ~101-143% of weapon damage on hit. 50% of that damage done with this ability is mana drain

Of course, at this time, we do not know exactly what abilities will or will not work on every mob/raid mob...immunities..effect reductions etc...

I'm sure I'll be swapping around the odd point, but that's more or less what I will be testing out first. I also think a couple of the above abilties were changed slightly since I made the above (I copied it from an older analysis, touch of life, maybe another). I'm often leading raids or coordinating events so I usually go with characters who have a fair amount of passive buffs and additional utility...but every once in awhile it is nice to play the hero....so I was thinking a spec similar to the above would bring a lot to the raid, let me concentrate on coordination (or AOE timers etc) a little easier, and still give me the ability to step in if there was an issue, or we needed a secondary tank to jump in.

Gives a good idea of what the above will bring to the table though
    Last edited by CHIMPNOODLE; 01-19-2011 at 07:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread