+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shaman/Justicar/Druid Build

Default Shaman/Justicar/Druid Build

Hey everyone, I've been messing around with the role builders trying to compose something similar to a retpally/bear shaman. The basic idea would to be a melee centric Cleric that focuses on instant cast heals and reactive healing through dealing damage.

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...18,1_&lang=eng

This is what I have planned out so far. In terms of group viability I don't really see any and it's not the intent. This was more of a solo/pvp build.

Thoughts?

Seems like a nice beefy DPS/support build.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Ascendant

i like the Shaman/druid/justicar build http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    i like the Shaman/druid/justicar build http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng
    It's a pretty neat build but from looking at it, it loses a lot of the reactive healing from the first post I made. Also, Reparation was kind of my 'saving grace' for group utility as I was hoping to provide at least some healing to my group mates while dpsing. I'm not sure how the greater faerie compares to that though.

Also, have a ranged snare seems pretty BA, but I feel like too much was lost out of the justicar tree for not enough gain in the druid.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
    It's a pretty neat build but from looking at it, it loses a lot of the reactive healing from the first post I made. Also, Reparation was kind of my 'saving grace' for group utility as I was hoping to provide at least some healing to my group mates while dpsing. I'm not sure how the greater faerie compares to that though.

Also, have a ranged snare seems pretty BA, but I feel like too much was lost out of the justicar tree for not enough gain in the druid.
    The greater fairy heals your group so that is some group utility. i also have much more CC than you making it easier to kill those pesky kiters and mages (sleep/silence/unbreakable root). And with my 20% crit damage the crits are gonna heal me for quite a bit with the shaman heal on crit.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-18-2011 at 09:20 PM.

I worked the sleep into my build and also managed to a couple more instacast heals along with the +healing and -damage talents in the shaman/justicar trees. To each their own I suppose, I might have to give your build a shot eventually though.

I approve of your build .

It's a very solid set up for both pve and pvp. Nice to see more people taking advantage of the Justicar soul.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Plane Touched

Main Cleric combos I'll be trying is Shaman/Druid/Justicar and Inq/Warden/Sent

Soulwalker

I don't think getting a few points in Justicar is a smart choice. When I first started messing around with builds I also chose Shaman/Druid/Justicar, going for a high-DPS, self-healing type of build. Salvation looks good on paper but with few points in Justicar you're only getting healed for 5% of damage dealt as most of your attacks will come from the Shaman/Druid souls.

Recently I've started looking at a Shaman/Druid build with a little bit of Warden thrown in (http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng). The heal-over-time is a nice addition to your faerie and the knock back wave looks like very useful utility, but the main reason I find Warden to be good is for 5 measly points you get a 10% damage boost on practically every ability you have. Basically a few points in Warden seems like a much better investment than a few in Justicar.
    Last edited by sleeepy; 01-19-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Destructive Tide says to affect instant cast spells. Would that really work with melee abilities? Are they considered "spells"?

Quote Originally Posted by sleeepy View Post
    I don't think getting a few points in Justicar is a smart choice. When I first started messing around with builds I also chose Shaman/Druid/Justicar, going for a high-DPS, self-healing type of build. Salvation looks good on paper but with few points in Justicar you're only getting healed for 5% of damage dealt as most of your attacks will come from the Shaman/Druid souls.

Recently I've started looking at a Shaman/Druid build with a little bit of Warden thrown in (http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng). The heal-over-time is a nice addition to your faerie and the knock back wave looks like very useful utility, but the main reason I find Warden to be good is for 5 measly points you get a 10% damage boost on practically every ability you have. Basically a few points in Warden seems like a much better investment than a few in Justicar.

I agree 100%. I currently am using this trio messing around with different formats and I feel that putting that little points into Justicar is a waste. I'd either go to the top of the tree with 31 points or nothing at all. I've also found out that a lot of the Justicar healing doesn't translate well with Shaman since it's not life based. If your hell bent on having Justicar, I'd stick with Druid over Shaman.

In the end, I dropped Justicar all together since the healing is reduced when used with anything other than life.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng

I went with high Shaman and high Druid. Druid gives the Shaman more support and a lot more CC. I'm also going 2-hander for maximum damage. If you go Druid, atleast get the root and sleep.

Telaran

A pure DPS PvE build im gonna test when i hit lvl50 is this one

Seems like a really good synergy between them 3 souls.
    This build is a change to a build i came up with myself in this thread
    Last edited by Wilcuss; 01-19-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Here is my build. Heavy in Justicar.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...16,5_&lang=eng

Thoughts?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Windwoven View Post
    Here is my build. Heavy in Justicar.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...16,5_&lang=eng

Thoughts?
    Looking at this build, i get the idea you wanna go for a tanking role, in that case i wouldve gone with something like this. I removed some points in shamans crit, while this does ofc increase your healing output from Justicar, i move some of the points to Justicar soul for better avoid and threat. And the 3 resist Hearts from Shaman can prove very viable in some situations.
    If your aim was to be a support healer, while doing your melee dmg, i was thinking more like this

Telaran

I am thinking something similar with this Shaman/Justicar/Druid build: http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng

This is only for soloing with a 2hand mace. I don't need any grouping or CC skills. I can use Battle Charge to close with mage mobs. The synergy from critical hits is very nice. Throw on some critical spell gear (which boosts melee crit as well as spell crit) and some crit racials and it should be a very crit happy cleric. At level 50 melee attacks should have about a 25% crit rate. Damage output should be high. The concept of "the faster you kill the mob the less damage you take" applies here.

Some minor considerations:
    Rage of the North is the get out of jail free card.
    I figure that if I am being attacked by five mobs that I will be running away not fighting so I don't need 3 points in Even Justice.
    If I do fight 4 or 5 mobs then Rage of the North should burn one down fast and then I can switch to Even Justice for the rest.
    I can move points between Endless Winter and Thick Skinned as needed for mana managment.
    Healing comes mana free from Fairie, Salvation and especially Unstoppable Force
    Doctrine of Bliss is for backup self heals.
    I would love to get Frozen Embrace and Long Memory but not sure where to take the points from.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Akrux; 01-19-2011 at 08:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast