+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftblade/paladin/champ

Default Riftblade/paladin/champ

Ive been doin builds all week and the one that stands out the most is rift/paly/champ I think it would do well in PVP and PVE I dont know how to link it but I went 38/28/0 . I put all points into dps abilities in riftblade and the remainder in paly for shield attacks defense and healing procs I think it would be pretty good on Dps and survivability what do you think??

Why the Champion?I can see the Riftblade and Paladin as it doesnt specifically require you to use a 2 Hander for Riftblade so your 1 Hander could get the Riftblade abilities and then the Blocking and shield attack abilities backed by heals and a few debuffs of the Paladin is nice but by putting Champion(which requires a 2 Handed weapon)just for the intro abilities seem lacking.

You would be better off using another Warrior soul such as Warlord(Self buffs and Group Buffs) or Reaver for some DOTs and Debuffs.

Then I have just barely started playing around with the Warrior soul builder except Paragon,Im loving Paragon though I wish it was in the Rogue tree =)

Bumpage...

Quote Originally Posted by everquestfan View Post
    Bumpage...
    Um, someone replied, maybe you should try replying back, lol...

And sorry, no, I know nothing about Paladins.
    {SWG}

Yes someone did reply and I looked at paly again and I dont need champion at all, I will replace champ with warlord but all my points are in riftblade and paly... 38 rift 28 paly I think this build would be a good pve and pvp build any opinions??

Paladin/riftblade is a good idea for a defensive with cc and ranged attacks. But you must post your build here so we can discuss it.
    With 0 points champion will be a good soul for end game cause you can at least have a non combat charge.

Play gets a charge sp no need for champion charge...

Telaran

I think it is an eye-opening build. In these games, MMO's- EQ, WOW, UO, DAOC, etc, with PVP content there normally seems to be two sides of the character generation "House"; 1) To OUTdamage 2) To Survive and wear down... I think the Riftblade, accomplishes Number one, however, the Pally in conjunction, allows you to endure longer. I guess the debate would be - Would your Riftblade benefit from something with more ***, or would the Paladin benefit from more survivability Soul. Personally, the crux of any PVP/PVE group is the Healer/Cleric, so my character generations have all been to destroy the focal point of the battle - where the heals are coming from. I think this Riftblade needs a defined mission, IE, what are you killing in PVP? Mages? Tanks? Protect the Healer? The (Rift) 5 second Silence is a Healer killer - I would think, your toon needs the firepower of the Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakiger View Post
    I think it is an eye-opening build. In these games, MMO's- EQ, WOW, UO, DAOC, etc, with PVP content there normally seems to be two sides of the character generation "House"; 1) To OUTdamage 2) To Survive and wear down... I think the Riftblade, accomplishes Number one, however, the Pally in conjunction, allows you to endure longer. I guess the debate would be - Would your Riftblade benefit from something with more ***, or would the Paladin benefit from more survivability Soul. Personally, the crux of any PVP/PVE group is the Healer/Cleric, so my character generations have all been to destroy the focal point of the battle - where the heals are coming from. I think this Riftblade needs a defined mission, IE, what are you killing in PVP? Mages? Tanks? Protect the Healer? The (Rift) 5 second Silence is a Healer killer - I would think, your toon needs the firepower of the Champion.
    Thank You for your reply I have done about 10 different combos on the Rift builder, and you are right I need to decide what I want my role to be.. With so many options I feel my head is going to explode LOL , If I go pure Dps I feel I will need a group setting for heals on the other hand if I mix Dps with a tank soul I can wear a target down solo... So many combinations to think about. I know I can have more than one role but I like to stick to one playstyle and learn it well and play it well..
    Last edited by everquestfan; 01-19-2011 at 04:22 PM.

You have 4 sets of souls to use get creative.

+ Reply to Thread