+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soliciting advice on a Cabalist/Justicar/Druid build

Soulwalker

Default Soliciting advice on a Cabalist/Justicar/Druid build

I've been pretty much just playing Warrior souls so don't have much experience with clerics and wanted to pick the forum's collective minds.

Is this build feasible at all? Link to build

Was thinking slap as many DoTs / Sigils as I can then switch to tank mode with Justicar once they come in. Druid is there for the extra mana recovery with Spirit of the Wood as well as some early pet healage at the low levels for soloing.

Ore

I have no idea but I like what you're thinking. The only thing I have heard so far is that Cabalist casting times are pretty gnarly. I've pre-ordered and have been playing with the builder alot but until I get in game I really won't know what works or doesn't work. But again, I do like what you're thinking.

What race would you be with that build?

-Ore

Hmm seems like an OK build all around glad you explained what you were trying to do with it lol otherwise I would have thought it was kind of odd.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Ore

Oh, I also like the synergy between the Cabalist and Inquisitor. Have you consider maybe swapping out the Druid for some Inq?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ore View Post
    I have no idea but I like what you're thinking. The only thing I have heard so far is that Cabalist casting times are pretty gnarly. I've pre-ordered and have been playing with the builder alot but until I get in game I really won't know what works or doesn't work. But again, I do like what you're thinking.

What race would you be with that build?

-Ore
    Not sure yet, was thinking of moving from Defiant to Guardian and trying out those races next beta but imagine Min/Max wise the only real choice is Kelrathi for the extra damage.

Regarding the casting times on Cabalist I agree 2-3 seconds for most of the spells will be rough but they do have a couple of instants during the close in, Engulfing Shadows (PBAoE damage pulse spell) and Devouring Mist (looks to be single target). I can probably move around another 5-6 points from Cabalist but not sure what to place it in as I think I got most of the low hanging fruit from Justicar.

Might be able to change Druid out if Precept of Purpose from the Justicar line keeps my mana topped off. I was thinking that I couldn't go wrong with the two sources of mana recovery. Ahh well, It's all theory craft til Beta 5.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ore View Post
    Oh, I also like the synergy between the Cabalist and Inquisitor. Have you consider maybe swapping out the Druid for some Inq?
    Yeah, I just tossed in Druid as a quick filler soul as I didn't see anything more in the Justicar line that really caught my eye. I could probably pull 5 points from Cabalist tree by dropping Dark Omen to 0 and that would open up the 3rd trees in the other souls (13 or 14 points to play around with). I was looking at Inquisitor and do like the critical chance buff in teh first tier and the damage buff in the second tier.

Rift Disciple

If you would be willing to trade druid for purifier I think you would like its pushback resistance, absorb shield, spammable heal, endurance buff and increase spellpower for cabal spells. You could then cast a bit more reliably while in melee so your cabal spells can finish a group off or while healing.

Maybe something like this:

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...17,5_&lang=eng

Ore

Because of the Inquisitors lore and his access to both life and death spells, I personally think that dropping Druid and going Inq is only logical really. Using Inner Focus from the first tier and either of the dmg buffs from 2nd tier is win. This being said I don't know much about OOM situations yet because I havent gotten in game. But the ability to enhance your Cabalists spells with the Inq we discussed would allow for better dps output (burst maybe?) and have a better synergy overall in regards to life/death dmg.

At least in my head it sounds right

-Ore

Ore

Quote Originally Posted by Niminion View Post
    If you would be willing to trade druid for purifier I think you would like its pushback resistance, absorb shield, spammable heal, endurance buff and increase spellpower for cabal spells. You could then cast a bit more reliably while in melee so your cabal spells can finish a group off or while healing.

Maybe something like this:

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...17,5_&lang=eng
    You see, this is why I can't decide on what the hell I want to play in this game! Purifier also makes sense in this instance but we are teetering on going an entirely different direction with what is possible. For example, Cabalist/Inq/Purifier in my head seems like it is to a cleric what a Shadow Knight is to a Paladin. Almost a Dark Cleric if you will. See why I'm struggling so? I'll be looking for your opinions on my build. I'll title it, "Indecisive".

-Ore

+ Reply to Thread