+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soo Druids..yea

Default Soo Druids..yea

What exactly are the trying to do with the Druid class?Ive been looking over it in the Plannar and it just doesnt really make sense based off of basic Druid Lore in Games.

EQ: Druid was able to shapeshift,dot and buff the party.
    WOW: Druid was a Shapeshifting Healer,Ranged,Melee.
    AD&D: Druids were able to command natural abilities either as spells or Granted Abilities,they were also able to Shapeshift.

So now we come to RIFT and the Druid just seems like an afterthought..give them some melee ability to thump people with a big old weapon..a Faerie to heal themselves and a few HoTs etc.Where is the shapeshifting?

Just seems to me that it is something this game lacks,for all the wonderful variety of Creatures I have seen in Videos and Screenshots being able to Shapeshift into them would be awesome.
    Last edited by Aengar; 01-18-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Ore

EQ Druids might possibly be the root origin of the term "kite".

Remember that nasty swarm of wasps or somesheet they had. LoL! Thanks for bringing back some good memories.

-Ore

Quote Originally Posted by Aengar View Post
    Where is the shapeshifting?
    I really feel you on this, and I wish that it was something I saw being included, but I don't think it's going to happen.

And for the record, I would be totally fine if the shift was only cosmetic. (Pairing w/ Shaman and/or Justicar Abilities would add any buffs you needed to amplify DPS/Tank)
    Last edited by Evirae; 01-18-2011 at 08:02 PM.

hehe I played a Ranger and my best friend played a Druid in EQ and we could Kite just about anything.

I understand that they are trying to be unique with this game,which is exactly why I cancelled my Wow account and I am anticipating the March 1st release but as I read through the Druid Soul tree it just seemed rather lackluster..like they couldnt decide what to do with it.Either make it a pure Nature Based summoning class,a pure melee based healer or put in some Shapeshifting.Need to be quick and attack like a rogue..shift into a cat form,need some tanking done,shift into a Razorbeast.

Its just seems..unfinished.

Telaran

Well druids are people very much so intouch with nature. The druid soul here seems pretty much in touch with nature. He summons earthy kinda stuff like the normal druid symbles such as the satyr along wiht having connections to the fae. Thats all pretty much what druds do ><.

If druid could shapeshift i could see all the post being confused about druids being turned into post aobut how druids are stolen from wow.

Druid, if not used as a tertiary build. Looks like a pvp soul. Its a kiter, and can be mixed with a ranged class or melee (although i think it would have been better if they made it a ranged class due to the ranged fairy and all)

I was thinking of mixing it with the templar for a nice PvP build (Dru51/Temp15). I can kite until i get a stun or snare in, then swoop in for a boop boop boop, sleep. Especially if the buffed up fairy is worth a damn when it comes to damage, i can try and CC or kite while the fairy is chipping away at their hp, and healing me.

If they try and run i have my snares and i can my buff that increases my attack and reduces damage i take, if i need to sprawl with a warrior.

Looks like a good soul to me.

Personally I dont think the Druid needs shapeshifting. Maybe some swarm pets or dumbfire pets to add to the fairy and satyr, but please not shapeshifting. Shapeshifting would suit the shaman more, as that soul already has buffs with animal names (Courage of the Jaguar, Courage of the Bear and Courage of the Eagle).

Why is it that people , while complaining that Rift is too much like every other MMO, want Rift to copy other MMOs? This shapeshifting issue has already been heavily disucuss in this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Shapeshifting

Its not stolen from Wow if anything it is stolen from Advanced Dungeons and Dragons which is what most of the newer Fantasy Based MMOs are stolen from to begin with.The problems I am seeing is that the Faery is rather weak..2 Abilities one is a HoT and the other a slight Ranged attack..and the Satyr is the "top" ability.

If they wanted to not stereotype them as "stolen from wow" then they could change it so that its not Shapeshifting but summoning spells.

Call the Hunt:Summons wolves to fight for the Druid increase the damage they do as you put points in and more summoned as you level.

Call of the Woods:Summons a Treant(s)to fight as a tank.

There is a lot that could be done to increase the interest in the Druid Soul,as of now most builds including Druid are using them as Secondary or even Tertiary soul just to have a few melee buffs and a rather weak and pointless pet.

Its been said that the final fairys attack is pretty much half of your general attack, thats not really weak at all for a pet class.

And thats without using the buffs your fairy has.

+ Reply to Thread