+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are mana drains and dispells in this game?

Default Are mana drains and dispells in this game?

Haven't really noticed yet but are these abilities involved in this game, mainly for PvP?

I like dot classes, but if there are dispelling classes dot classes are usually trash unless there is a way to reduce dispell ability or cause damage back to the caster. And mana drains are usually pretty OP too.

Yes but I don't think you can dispel DoT's necessarily. Even if you can just put the dot back onto them because it only takes off 1 or 2 usually (there might be one skill I remember that takes all off but I think it was debuffs only) and they all have fairly large cooldown's.
    Last edited by Korncob; 01-18-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    Haven't really noticed yet but are these abilities involved in this game, mainly for PvP?

I like dot classes, but if there are dispelling classes dot classes are usually trash unless there is a way to reduce dispell ability or cause damage back to the caster. And mana drains are usually pretty OP too.
    Void Knight is one of the few classes specifically anti-caster. Though a number of classes have cleanses or self-debuff removals.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Tristam_Izumi View Post
    Void Knight is one of the few classes specifically anti-caster. Though a number of classes have cleanses or self-debuff removals.
    i see, but they are all self-applied?

I'd have to go through the soul trees to find specific examples, just going by memory at the moment.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

The Rogue PvP soul, Inquisitor, has a mana drain skill. It's called Theft Of Thought.
    Theft of Thought
    A Finisher that deals weapon damage plus Physical damage and drains the enemy's mana. Energy Cost is reduced with more Combo Points. Damage bonus from Attack Power is increased with more Combo Points.
    1 Point: 43 damage, 150 Mana.
    2 Points: 71 damage, 300 Mana.
    3 Points: 100 damage, 450 Mana.
    4 Points: 114 damage, 600 Mana.
    5 Points: 143 damage, 750 Mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korncob View Post
    Yes but I don't think you can dispel DoT's necessarily. Even if you can just put the dot back onto them because it only takes off 1 or 2 usually (there might be one skill I remember that takes all off but I think it was debuffs only) and they all have fairly large cooldown's.
    well it's not just DoTs, with the necro for example there are debuffs that trigger from spells that then cause the pet to do more damage, so if that plus the dots can be dispelled, there's not much you can do

This is partly why they added unstable affliction to warlocks in WoW (caused massive damage to caster if dispelled) as priests were just spam dispelling all affliction-spec'd warlock dots
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 01-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.

well it's not just DoTs, with the necro for example there are debuffs that trigger from spells that then cause the pet to do more damage, so if that plus the dots can be dispelled, there's not much you can do
    Except use them again? Dispel's take mana, and have long cooldown's as I mentioned before....I really doubt it'll be much of a problem.

Rift Master

Most of the Dispell mechanics seem to be Bleeds, Diseases or Physical debuffs of some sort; If anything is able to remove a DoT (Applied by a Warlock let's say), I would assume it's the self-cleansing abilities that are actually on a cooldown (The ones that wipe everything off the character).

Some classes DO have, however, buff removal spells. So offensive dispells, so to speak.

As for Mana Drains, the main class that has it is the Void Knight, who seems to be built around sucking the Mana right out of whoever they're facing. In fact, they get buffed by draining mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Korncob View Post
    Except use them again? Dispel's take mana, and have long cooldown's as I mentioned before....I really doubt it'll be much of a problem.
    re-casting dots/debuffs takes mana too, also deathly calling triggers off plauge bolt which is a 2 second cast, add that in with the global cooldown and it's not so simple to just say use them again in PvP environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
    Most of the Dispell mechanics seem to be Bleeds, Diseases or Physical debuffs of some sort; If anything is able to remove a DoT (Applied by a Warlock let's say), I would assume it's the self-cleansing abilities that are actually on a cooldown (The ones that wipe everything off the character).

Some classes DO have, however, buff removal spells. So offensive dispells, so to speak.

As for Mana Drains, the main class that has it is the Void Knight, who seems to be built around sucking the Mana right out of whoever they're facing. In fact, they get buffed by draining mana.
    gotcha thanks yea i was aware of the offensive dispells, necro can pick up an ability like that.

Rift Master

re-casting dots/debuffs takes mana too, also deathly calling triggers off plauge bolt which is a 2 second cast, add that in with the global cooldown and it's not so simple to just say use them again in PvP environment.
    It's applied by Grave Rot too, but yeah.

Next Beta I'll actually check what DoTs are considered, or even if they're dispellable. They may very well be considered Curses; Someone would have to check to clarify.

The Dominator's 10-point Root skill, Deny, is something that can wipe DoTs though, as far as I know.

True, I still don't see it as much of a problem...it'd be way too OP if you couldn't dispel it somehow considering how much damage it can add on.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

The Dominator can also mana / energy drain an opponent.
    The greatest mistake wizards make is to think they can change the world
    The greatest mistake the gods make is to allow a few of them to get away with it.

Wardens get a dispel on no cd that dispels 1 poison disease or curse 2 points in, and another which dispels all poisons diseases and curses 26 points in.

Sentinels get a 2 poison, 2 disease dispel 18 points in.

having used them in-game, they're nice, but hardly worth spamming on evry dot... because there is so much more stuff you could do with your gcd's. like actualy heal.

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast