+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best class for killing Marksmen?

Soulwalker

Default Best class for killing Marksmen?

After reading through the forums, it looks like the server pop is going to be 50% marksman, 40% Pyro and 10% everything else. So, my question is: What the best class conbo to kill all those Marksmen that will be running around?

Plane Touched

Developer, using the nerf bat power.
    Last edited by Hecate's Lover; 01-18-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

Any mobile melee build.

Quote Originally Posted by Booray View Post
    After reading through the forums, it looks like the server pop is going to be 50% marksman, 40% Pyro and 10% everything else. So, my question is: What the best class conbo to kill all those Marksmen that will be running around?
    CLERICS!!!

Of course... gawd! ;)
    Last edited by Caledon; 01-18-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Threads with these made up statistics are wonderful. I just got done reading one that said everyone was rolling clerics. Funny

Ascendant

A few warrior and cleric builds will roll over MM.

I think mages will be under represented for the first time ever in mmo history. Too much glass not enough anything else.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by terrorshard View Post
    I think mages will be under represented for the first time ever in mmo history. Too much glass not enough anything else.
    Idk what you're talking about. Pyro has great utility on low CD. 8 second root that doesnt break from dmg WITH a 20 second CD? And a 15m blink?

As for MM killer, assassins do a good job, as MM doesn't have any stun breaks. Anyone that can chase well, or clerics/mages that can dish out the damage faster or easier.

Shadowlander

Good build pet class mages, very defensive clerics with good dps, and fast mobile war builds that can break slows and move fast with abilitys will tear marks up, Mark/Rng/bard is what i played and found only pet mages, and fast movers could make me re-locate in a hurry. its going to be alot more of knowing how marksmen work then playing the class to best them. watch them a few times, if they get down in the mix, there not going to be as scared of getting hit on, so bring out the burst dps, if they hide(like me lol) on walls and cliffs, they dont want you in there face for any reason other then bringing loot!

Just what i seen while playing my marks in beta 4

As for MM killer, assassins do a good job, as MM doesn't have any stun breaks. Anyone that can chase well, or clerics/mages that can dish out the damage faster or easier.[/QUOTE]

This is extremely unlikely if the second soul chosen is in fact an assassin which is the way I intend to go.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng

This build ^ will give me plenty of melee attacking power. Just goes to show there is NO such thing as a best class that for killing a marksman since what we really need to discover is what is the best build and combination of souls. Unless the Marksman is 51 points (and it is unlikely that will happen, since no one needs to spend more than 39 points) there is no such thing as a "Marksman"
    Femmes Fatales - The Art of the Feminine in the Power of MMOs

well there is alot to consider here
    1. Is it 1v1?
    2. is it a 51 marksman build or only partial, if so, what are his other builds?

etc etc.
    Overall though... lock who dots and then hide LOS, pyro to outdamage, ele to hit him with pets, chloro to outheal damage, any warrior with a charge and a snare, clerics with range attacks, rogues with stealth or sabs...

having only played a pyro mage and a cleric, i had no probs killing them. some were damn well played and damn tough, or even killed me. others were a total pushover.

just depends on you.

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

Shadowlander

Good Assassins will kill MM left and right easily!

Rift Chaser

You know, through 4 betas, I still can't decide who to play at release. So far most of time i spent playing rogue > marskman/ranger. I tried all other classes too and more i spent playing more i wanted to try anything else. Any class is good and any class can kill marksman, melee's are...sweeping the floor with marksman if they know what they're doing. I was slowed by melee player all the time, even with knockback, slow...he was still onto me (charge). Couldn't get rid of him and couldn't do dmg because he was too close, not to mention 5 shots and i was out of energy. Anyway my point is, marksman isn't so hard to kill as you might think it is. Mostly depends on player and hes knowledge of skills and opponent skills. Least i played was mage (beta 3 was warlock) because i didn't like hes dmg and low heal that was easily outdmged by normal mob. Anyway if anything i learned about classes it was that we see what our class is worth at lvl 20+.

Telaran

Mages need a little bump. There's not enough burst in the glass builds, atm.

EQ1 preLuclin, Saryrn
    WoW preWotLK, Terenas
    Vangaurd preAPW, Woefeather

clerics > all other builds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast