+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade soul tree

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Default Nightblade soul tree

Found this while doing a last run through of my videos. This is also my last one, so lets get the people at PAX to get the rest.

Nightblade soul tree on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VML2LEYzHRY

Since I only edited this up a few minutes ago there hasn't been time for a wiki article yet, but I think some people are working on it.

Edit: Bah youtube embed never works for me here.
    Last edited by Ciovala; 09-02-2010 at 01:44 PM.

A wiki is only as good as its contributors Ė won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Excellent work as always ;)
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Thanks for all the work you've done Cio, it's appreciated!

Great!

I was wondering whether "Mortal Strike" (healing reduction) skills were going to exist in Rift. Almost made a thread about it, and here we have a "Wound Poison" variant:

Fell Blades - "..., and adds a curse on your target that lasts for 15 seconds, reducing healing taken by 10%. Stacks up to 5.

I like this, healing reduction is necessary in the balancing of PvE and PvP combat imo.

Woot, another one of my favorite, thanks Cio!

Not a big fan. In the current incarnation, it seems like it doesn't have a lot of synergy with other trees. The lower branch abilities just are too specialized when you consider that nobody else in the rogue calling will be using fire or death damage. It could end up falling into the category of a "major soul" that you'd either take a lot of or none at all.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    Not a big fan. In the current incarnation, it seems like it doesn't have a lot of synergy with other trees. The lower branch abilities just are too specialized when you consider that nobody else in the rogue calling will be using fire or death damage. It could end up falling into the category of a "major soul" that you'd either take a lot of or none at all.
    Could serve to bypass high armor targets. Of course people could just stack resists as a counter. And the Shaman looks like a specialized Rogue killer.
    Un-nerf snare please.

Shadowlander

They sound vicious. Some sick cooldown abilities in there
    Lapdogs, all of you!

Looking at the tree again, I actually like it, lots of DoTs and damage enhancement. Plus CC, range Snare, Range/Channeled Root. And big increase to crit damage. I wonder if that unknown that can give 30% more damage to finishers will apply to all 10 swings of Scourge of Darkness.

I would go 32 in Nightblade, heal debuff is a must, and we'll have to see what else.

Open with Dark Malady, then hit with Dusk Strike, Twilight Force, Flame Thrust (which should still get Dark Malady's bonus to damage). Then use Dusk to Dawn to get more combo points, keep target at desired distance. Then use Scourge of Darkness and beat them silly.

And that's just using the Nightblade abilities. Some other soul may offer a better finisher to use with Dark Malady. Or better ways to generate combo points. But the Nightblade is definitely good for damage enhancement, Smoldering Blades + Fell Blades please.
    Un-nerf snare please.

Wow, just as I suspected. A Nightshade DAoC like class!. the talent names are uncanny to the DAoC Nightshade.

i'm pumped

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Wow, just as I suspected. A Nightshade DAoC like class!. the talent names are uncanny to the DAoC Nightshade.

i'm pumped
    heh heh, that's what I was thinking

I had a 50 nightshade, tho my computer at the time sucked.... trying to pull off stealthed positionals with lag isn't fun. So Warden was my fav in DAOC
    Lapdogs, all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciovala View Post
    Found this while doing a last run through of my videos. This is also my last one, so lets get the people at PAX to get the rest.

Nightblade soul tree on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VML2LEYzHRY

Since I only edited this up a few minutes ago there hasn't been time for a wiki article yet, but I think some people are working on it.

Edit: Bah youtube embed never works for me here.
    TODAY is PAX, omg, I managed to forget... AGAIN! Well cant wait for some new info! And thanks for posting this Cio!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    I actually think it makes for a sort of good addition... the branches might not be the most superb for other Rogue souls but a lot of the early roots, are! there are a lot of abilities that generate combo points or work outside of the CP mechanic... that's good for bards f.e. because they, according to Kalbuir, can't spare any of their CP for dmg finishers if they want to use their buffs...

but it's a bit harder to mix stuff in the rogue calling anyway because of melee/ranged souls both being in that calling... I mean... 2 ranged, 1 buffer, (1 tank)... leaves 4 melees. Seems a bit harder to combine than the all melee Warriors

Banned

Another very good 51-point talent for one of the classes.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast