+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on soul tree abilities

Soulwalker

Default Question on soul tree abilities

will abilities stack...for instance, if i have 2 warrior souls each with points in endurance/stam or each have 5% armor increase will the two count as 10% or would half the points be wasted?

Passive branch abilities stack.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Nahmid View Post
    will abilities stack...for instance, if i have 2 warrior souls each with points in endurance/stam or each have 5% armor increase will the two count as 10% or would half the points be wasted?
    They're actually working for the most part in a multiplicative manner. So you get 5% of 100% and 5% of 105%.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post
    They're actually working for the most part in a multiplicative manner. So you get 5% of 100% and 5% of 105%.
    In the case of +Attribute, yes. But didn't we come to the conclusion things like +Crit and +Hit are additive?
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Tristam_Izumi View Post
    In the case of +Attribute, yes. But didn't we come to the conclusion things like +Crit and +Hit are additive?
    Yes, those seem to be additive.

Soulwalker

thanks for the help guys...its been driving me nuts trying to find a thread that says so one way or another)

so can i have a warrior built like this: champ/champ/champ.......??
    Last edited by ultimt1; 01-18-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimt1 View Post
    so can i have a warrior built like this: champ/champ/champ.......??
    No, the question was, can you take abilities from multiple sources and see them stack.

So if you have one that gives you more endurance, for example, can you get another ability that gives more endurance? The answer is yes.

No, the question was, can you take abilities from multiple sources and see them stack.

So if you have one that gives you more endurance, for example, can you get another ability that gives more endurance? The answer is yes.
    Actually the answer is no, specifically for Endurance Buffs from say, Cleric souls. Tested this in B4.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanCE View Post
    Actually the answer is no, specifically for Endurance Buffs from say, Cleric souls. Tested this in B4.
    However, abilities like +3/6/9/12/15% Endurance from one soul Branch DOES stack with the +% Endurance from another soul tree's Branch, which was the original question.

Yea, I didn't get to test Warrior and Rogue Souls as much as I would have liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristam_Izumi View Post
    However, abilities like +3/6/9/12/15% Endurance from one soul Branch DOES stack with the +% Endurance from another soul tree's Branch, which was the original question.
    Yep. For those who actually read the whole thread and understood it: answer is yes. (And multiplicative for non percent-based things . . .)

Sorry for clarifying something. I'll take your kind words to heart tho or something.

got it. be kinda cool if you could, just not realistic

Sorry for clarifying something. I'll take your kind words to heart tho or something.
    I have no issue with clarifications. What you said, however was this:

That is not a clarification, it is a contradiction, and not relevant to the OP.

Your wording is the issue, not your content.

If you take umbrage at me pointing out that you obviously did not clearly read and understand the OP and formlate a suitable reply, I cannot help you.

In the future I would suggest that you make your clarifications more clarifying and less contradicting. That way they can be taken as such. Because the way your post reads, it contradicts the original (and correct) answers given.

For clarification: many buffs do not stack. Some do. But as far as traits go (inherent bonuses from souls, the subject of the original post) I have not yet found any that do not stack in either an additive or multiplicative manner.
    Last edited by Corwynn_Maelstrom; 01-18-2011 at 07:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread