+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saboteur Build Advice?

Default Saboteur Build Advice?

Hi all, I was woundering if a Saboteur was a good rogue type to play without a pet? I was tinkering around with builds and came up with this http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng and was wanting some feed back or help please?

Aslo, as a side question, Can DoTs crit?
    Thanx
    Last edited by Lazorus; 01-18-2011 at 05:43 PM.

I would use Ranged Sub Class with a Saboteur!
    And the skill u get from 51 Skill point in Saboteur is really good, and the other point u invest in the tree arent useless if u are going PVP.

I dont know, if u prefer melee combat u better stay with this build i guess!

You defnitly want a ranged soul. your charges base there dammage on your wepon. is you only have melee souls your wepon is your main hand melee wepon. if you have ranger or marksman you wepon is your gun or bow. guns a bow deal more dammage then per hit then 1h wepons. and you can auto shoot has you plant charges.

What about if you dual weild? What kind of damage do the Bombs do?

Pretty good damage.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Sweet, I think I can help

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorus View Post
    Hi all, I was woundering if a Saboteur was a good rogue type to play without a pet? I was tinkering around with builds and came up with this and was wanting some feed back or help please?

Aslo, as a side question, Can DoTs crit?
    Thanx
    • Pets are a very nice thing as a Saboteur. You put them on passive, charge up your enemy, detonate then order your pet to attack. It tanks and you throw more charges on if it wasn't already dead.
    • Also, Assassin is really not all that great for pure PvE at least. The crit bonus is nice but you can get that and a pet with the ranger soul. The serrated blades will not apply to any saboteur abilities and as a saboteur you may not wish to be in melee range most of the time. The 4% physical damage is nice, but will not stack with the Earth damage from your bombs and charges. The blind I have yet to play with but from what I have seen, gives you a free bar of energy to play with in PvP.
    • Riftstalker is an interesting soul. The escape mechanic is very useful and I miss it every time I trade it out for another. But something to note, your detonate is a finisher that does ~150 (at lvl 20) damage in addition to the ~600 damage from the blast charges. So the increased finisher damage will only apply to the 150.
    • In general, I think it may be best to specialize in either bombs or charges so that you can aim for more passive stat bonuses from other souls. You do not have enough energy to use both bombs and charges continuously from what I have found. While they are both very good in slightly different circumstances I usually find that one can do the others job either faster/less damage or slower/more damage.
    • And yes Dots can crit

What about if you dual weild? What kind of damage do the Bombs do?
    I have noticed that I seem to do more damage when wielding a rifle or bow than two one handers, on the order of ~10%. I did not think the rogue could go with Two handed melee though.... probably wrong, but i think the charges may stack with main hand damage or something. Also, bombs can dish out AoE damage much faster than charges. But single target, or very closely packed AoE is ruled by charges if you have time.

I think I will ultimately have a role something like this:
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...18,5_&lang=eng

PvE plan: Charge up 3 enemies, sick the pet on them, detonate with annihilation bomb, dead eye shot. So 2 seconds after the initiation close to (around level ~30 standards) 6000 damage has been done
    Last edited by Smeegs; 01-19-2011 at 09:14 PM.

So, I guess the big question I have is dose attaching charges count as an attack sence they do no damage initialy?

If not then Stealthing up to a target and setting 5 charges and then sneaking away they blowing them up and fireing bombs would be realy cool!

Shadowlander

There's a talent that let you attach charge in PVE without the mob aggroing.

But if you attach a charge in stealth you get unstealthed.

So, I guess the big question I have is dose attaching charges count as an attack sence they do no damage initialy?

If not then Stealthing up to a target and setting 5 charges and then sneaking away they blowing them up and fireing bombs would be realy cool!
    You don't stealth while attaching charges. And they only count as an attack if you do NOT have the threat reduction talent. Also, setting charges is a ranged attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeegs View Post
    You don't stealth while attaching charges. And they only count as an attack if you do NOT have the threat reduction talent. Also, setting charges is a ranged attack.
    So, if you do it right you could attach Charges and then Detonate them at range and not be seen? I say thats uber awsome! And after you break stealth you throw a few bombs to finish them off from a safe distance! AWSOME!
    Last edited by Lazorus; 01-19-2011 at 09:55 PM.

At least I hope thats the idea...

So, if you do it right you could attach Charges and then Detonate them at range and not be seen? I say thats uber awsome! And after you break stealth you throw a few bombs to finish them off from a safe distance! AWSOME!
    Wow can Saboteurs attach charges while stealthed, without breaking stealth?

no, it does break stealth, but you don't need stealth as they don't agro mobs. Not sure how PvP is handled though

heres mine. Sab/Marksman/NB

BTW does anyone know if Hellfire blades proc off of ranged attacks?

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

Quote Originally Posted by Windwoven View Post
    heres mine. Sab/Marksman/NB

BTW does anyone know if Hellfire blades proc off of ranged attacks?

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng
    No HfB dosn't proc off of ranged attacks.

Also The NB Conceil is only 30 sec btw..so if your planing on setting charges and notbeing seen your kinda pushing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast