+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game Questions

Soulwalker

Default Game Questions

First, I've not beta tested and have gone over the forums but its near impossible to go through them all. However I've not seen these question either because its blatantly obvious I'm blind, I've not seen them and am again blind or they haven't been asked yet.

1. In a group setting of 5 people the typical trifecta (1tank, 1 heals, 3 dps) I was wondering would a bard even be useful in an instance or should I start to come up with a DPS off spec? Is the trifecta in this game going away in favor of 1 tank, 1 heals, 1 support, 2 dps?

2. How useful or required is CC in an instance; I noticed the dominator class as well as most mages I assume will be taking the 0 point soul for instances strictly for the CC ability, I also noted that some rogues have CC though bards inheritantly did not except the one "oh ****" 2 min CD mezz CC.

Thanks again

Bards and other support classes are not shunned. I've run both the Defiant dungeons and while CC was not necessary it did help. Play what sounds most enjoyable to you.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Vilisto View Post
    First, I've not beta tested and have gone over the forums but its near impossible to go through them all. However I've not seen these question either because its blatantly obvious I'm blind, I've not seen them and am again blind or they haven't been asked yet.

1. In a group setting of 5 people the typical trifecta (1tank, 1 heals, 3 dps) I was wondering would a bard even be useful in an instance or should I start to come up with a DPS off spec? Is the trifecta in this game going away in favor of 1 tank, 1 heals, 1 support, 2 dps?

2. How useful or required is CC in an instance; I noticed the dominator class as well as most mages I assume will be taking the 0 point soul for instances strictly for the CC ability, I also noted that some rogues have CC though bards inheritantly did not except the one "oh ****" 2 min CD mezz CC.

Thanks again
    No reason not to spec bard.

Some CC is very good at times. There are, for example, mobs that hit like busses and are hard to heal through when multiple of them get on your tank.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vilisto View Post

Thanks again
    1) For regular instances, things are fairly simple and you can do them with almost any party setup. Bards are quite awesome debuffers and buffers. They make a world of difference for healing.

2) Once again in regular instances, we never had the need to CC, just aoed trash down.

For expert modes, things are going to be more difficult and would require more specific setups. You best be comfortable playing multiple roles as your class, there is a reason we get 4 of them.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

+ Reply to Thread