+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inquistor Shaman Sentinel

Default Inquistor Shaman Sentinel

Just wanted to know if this set up will work i am a casual player and will be on a PvE server i do plan on makeing a healing build with a Purifier as the main soul not sure what the last 2 will be i have not been in a beta
    By this axe i rule

Plane Touched

Why would you go through the trouble of picking COMPLETLY conflicting souls?

Inquisitor is ranged DPS, Shaman is melee DPS, and Sentinel is straight up healing. What exactly is the kind of playstyle you want to achieve?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    Why would you go through the trouble of picking COMPLETLY conflicting souls?

Inquisitor is ranged DPS, Shaman is melee DPS, and Sentinel is straight up healing. What exactly is the kind of playstyle you want to achieve?

I am not sure what the OP intends but sometimes strange soul combinations have unexpected results. Maybe bad but also maybe good. Personally I have considered a justicar cabalist combo. Nuke it at range as a cabalist and then tank it up close as a justicar to finish the mob off. Your mana recovers while you are meleeing. Not as focused as some other builds but versatile.

With 66 points to spend now you can have 2 level 31 skills. Don't pigeonhole yourself into thinking for instance that justicar can only be matched up with shaman or druid. The combinations are endless.
    Last edited by Akrux; 01-18-2011 at 04:56 PM.

What am i trying to do is nothing i have been reading the fourms and players are saying one of the good things about this game is all the combos you could have mybe it does not work mybe it does i just throwing out there think out side the box
    By this axe i rule

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshand View Post
    What am i trying to do is nothing i have been reading the fourms and players are saying one of the good things about this game is all the combos you could have mybe it does not work mybe it does i just throwing out there think out side the box
    Well, if you get into the upcoming beta, i would suggest trying you build Do not base your choices to what everyone says is the best build, just do what you think it is right, you an always change it after.
    Sidheach: You should be dead!
    Rivendark: Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated—again.

Shadowlander

I like the idea of mix and matching to make your class not specialize in a category, but instead be versatile. Unfortunately the 4 slot switching really ****s up the idea of doing just that, rather the devs didn't do that and had other means of switching around your souls that wasn't something you could quickly do.

Plane Touched

Rivendarks advice will get you into a horrible build. If you're crazy, or a RPer go ahead and throw souls together willy nilly. She's right, you can change, but why would you want to have a crappy combo before changing to a good one? Besides, we don't know how hard additional souls will be to get upon release. If you pick a bad soul combo, you could be stuck with it to lvl 20 or 30 for all we know.

There is a lot of room for cool soul combos. But try to stick with a theme, or have a playstyle in mind. Go ahead and think outside the box, but don't just randomlly throw 3 souls together and call it good. The 3 you had chosen will not work well together.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 01-18-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Thank you everyone i will think on what you said Kakiro
    By this axe i rule

Telaran

Lol Kakiro is determined to keep you from trying unusual things and he is very wrong in my opinion. The beauty of the Rift soul system is you can create the character that YOU want to play. Not the one the devs or the other players want you to play.

Here is a thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...car-Reparation where about halfway down Korncob is suggesting a viable Inquisitor/justicar build. That breaks Kakiro's rules but seems to be decent if unusual spec.

Remember nobody knows at level 27 what will work well at level 50. Its all conjecture.

Plane Touched

Except for all the tons of leaked Alpha info from lvl 50 players, yeah.

You can create the character you want to play. And you also have the right to create a bad character. People like Rivendark and Akrux will tell you to play whatever you want, but I'm sure even the OP wants freedom, WITHOUT being gimped. Some combos are just bad, even trion has said that.

So you have the right to play whatever soul combo you want. Everyone else also has the right to not invite you to dungeons or PvP groups because your soul combo is just straight up bad.

Inquis/Justicar is not Inquis/Shaman. A long range DPS with a Melee DPS is stupid. A long range DPS with a tank soul isn't nearly as stupid.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 01-18-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Except for all the tons of leaked Alpha info from lvl 50 players, yeah.

You can create the character you want to play. And you also have the right to create a bad character. People like Rivendark and Akrux will tell you to play whatever you want, but I'm sure even the OP wants freedom, WITHOUT being gimped. Some combos are just bad, even trion has said that.

So you have the right to play whatever soul combo you want. Everyone else also has the right to not invite you to dungeons or PvP groups because your soul combo is just straight up bad.

Inquis/Justicar is not Inquis/Shaman. A long range DPS with a Melee DPS is stupid. A long range DPS with a tank soul isn't nearly as stupid.
    Got one for ya :

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...18,1_&lang=eng

Just an example, basically based around hitting your 2 main DoT's (vex and sanction heretic) on your target, maybe closing in with battle charge which snares for 70% movement speed for 6 seconds, then you hit soul drain which debuffs them and does a good amount of damage, then start wailing on them with various melee abilities, expel them if they try to cast something, you got another snare at your disposal if they try to get away, 15s cooldown on your charge so that's pretty spammable if they blink. The sentinel helps with luminous gaze and gives you a bit of AOE healing support for your group/raid, banish isn't bad either since you have inquisitor life damage buffs, and I grabbed the AOE elemental buffs for even more group/raid support which is something cleric's excel at.

Still think it's crap? Sure it won't be as good as going fully one thing or the other, I would agree with that, and as far as gear yah there might be some problems here and there however you'll do mediocre damage with melee and mediocre magic damage, but you'll still have a good bit of survivability and a lot of debuffs + group support.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

You can have up to 4 builds right and you can change between them on the fly is that right because i did right i was going to make a healing build so if i am in a group i can change my build that is how i am understanding it
    By this axe i rule

Plane Touched

Why would you WANT to be mediocre though, unless your a RPer?

And that build sucks. Wern't you the one defending Blade Dancer? RPer's shouldn't give out class advice.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 01-18-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Why would you WANT to be mediocre though, unless your a RPer?

And that build sucks. Wern't you the one defending Blade Dancer? RPer's shouldn't give out class advice.
    Wow...someone's cranky today.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Plane Touched

Not cranky, just trying to prevent someone from getting class advice from people who are bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast