+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Soul Combination?

Default Cleric Soul Combination?

So, I haven't read up on anything for what soul combo's will work best... But heres what I've come up with for a PvP DPS Cleric (solo class).

Shaman/Justicar/Warden

Main soul will be Shaman: Basicially just good for DPS, and I really like the fact that they use 2-hands (I played an Enhancement Shaman back at 60 in WoW, don't shun me please!). I've always like that concept for a shamanistic class, always thought it was cool.

Justicar: Going in for the defensive parts of it

Warden: A good bit of instant cast heals, which will mix well with Shaman's multiple instant cast heals & chance on hit heals.

Thoughts? I could, of course, go more in-depth in the class I'm making and such, but I'll just give the basic thought of it.

Think it will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepps View Post
    So, I haven't read up on anything for what soul combo's will work best... But heres what I've come up with for a PvP DPS Cleric (solo class).

Shaman/Justicar/Warden

Main soul will be Shaman: Basicially just good for DPS, and I really like the fact that they use 2-hands (I played an Enhancement Shaman back at 60 in WoW, don't shun me please!). I've always like that concept for a shamanistic class, always thought it was cool.

Justicar: Going in for the defensive parts of it

Warden: A good bit of instant cast heals, which will mix well with Shaman's multiple instant cast heals & chance on hit heals.

Thoughts? I could, of course, go more in-depth in the class I'm making and such, but I'll just give the basic thought of it.

Think it will work?
    Looks solid too me, Although warden is more heals over time, Not just a straight up heal, If that's what you're going for then no probs!

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

OOH... yeah that be a good 'un!

You get some really nice heals with warden, but be advised they take a while to heat up...

Justy will keep you alive and if you max out your first couple skills ( I wanna say the armor and the chance to heal yourself) you will be a pretty decent tank.

I have yet to play around with shammy... I usually go inquis and sentinel with my justy. I added warden to my healer build and it is pretty decent!

DO not forget to train up your skills!!! Too many people forget that.

Short answer: Yes, I think it will be a lot of fun. But for a more in-depth reply and I'd suggest you check out the Class Forums. There are already a ton of topics on the subject and if you posted this there you're more likely to get replies since the people interested in discussion soul combinations hang out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Belenos View Post

You get some really nice heals with warden, but be advised they take a while to heat up...

Justy will keep you alive and if you max out your first couple skills ( I wanna say the armor and the chance to heal yourself) you will be a pretty decent tank.

I have yet to play around with shammy... I usually go inquis and sentinel with my justy. I added warden to my healer build and it is pretty decent!

I was reading General Chat one day and some guy said he was level 17 and only just realised he could "Rank up" his skills

No wonder he was doing weak heals and damage for his level

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post
    I was reading General Chat one day and some guy said he was level 17 and only just realised he could "Rank up" his skills

No wonder he was doing weak heals and damage for his level
    TRUE STORY!!! I was one of those guys till I hit level 10 and realized... oh wow... Trainer has an option to ACTUALLY TRAIN!
    Last edited by Belenos; 01-18-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Yep, just got a first few skills in Justicar soul, hopefully will keep me alive more.
    And yeah thats what I've kind of gathered about Wardens, but I like their instant HoTs and such.
    I'll mess around with it in Beta (if I get in... oh god please let me get in)

TRUE STORY!!! I was one of those guys till I hit level 10 and realized... oh wow... Trainer has an option to ACTUALLY TRAIN!
    Haha, Oddly enough soon as I got near a trainer i just went to try to train, Must be some mystical innate passive to check everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post
    Haha, Oddly enough soon as I got near a trainer i just went to try to train, Must be some mystical innate passive to check everything!
    Oh yeah it is a habit for me now... but that first time was a "who knew" moment.

Oh yeah it is a habit for me now... but that first time was a "who knew" moment.
    I know right, Every level up it's like "Get to a trainer!!!!". Only to realise you can't rank anything up that level Dang

Cool Cleric

Fumbling around with several different combinations while experiencing the beta on the last go around I personally like the Warden with the most points in it while having the remaining points in the Inquisitor. I believed that this was the best build for doing Raid/Party Healing in the dungeons that I was able to run, it also worked well in the PVP without having to go and change my talents around as I was able to stand my own ground while healing those around me.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangels View Post
    Fumbling around with several different combinations while experiencing the beta on the last go around I personally like the Warden with the most points in it while having the remaining points in the Inquisitor. I believed that this was the best build for doing Raid/Party Healing in the dungeons that I was able to run, it also worked well in the PVP without having to go and change my talents around as I was able to stand my own ground while healing those around me.
    Just make sure you spend those 31 points to get Cascade in Warden, It is truely epic

+ Reply to Thread