+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Justicar Reparation

Default The Justicar Reparation

I was playing around, trying out different cleric builds and find the synergies between the different souls, when I got this crazy idea. In the description for the Justicar Reparation it says (among other things),

"... Justicar abilities heal for 25% of the damage done, all other abilities heal for 10% of the damage done. ...".

Has anyone tried, or know if it's possible, to use this with ex. Cabalist or Inquisitor spells?

/cheers

Soulwalker

It does indeed work, I have tried both Cabalist and Inquisitor spells. It works just as you would think it does, at 10% that is.

I have no idea if it's even a good idea, or what I would miss out on building that, but it's gonna be fun to try it out. Ranged DPS with some healing thrown in.

Although your spells work farther away than the area of Reparation, so you would have to shorten the distance I think.

Its fun to play a cabalist and building up your aeo bombs, and then when they go off see all those green numbers all over your screen.

It seems to work on all spells, except on dot's, from what I can tell it would heal on the first tick or not at all.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...nts=0&lang=eng

Build I'm going to try eventually for that very purpose. If you get that lifedrain going you can be healing yourself, for a lot, as well as 10 people around you.

Not to mention the 3 second channeled stun + your ability that heals for 10% together would be a pretty match-changing ability if used correctly. (aka your teams about to die, you use it and heal everyone for a good bit while giving everyone 3 seconds of healing themselves and beating on the enemies) along with your 3 DoT's and an instant AOE knockback right after that channeled stun combo :P

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Reparation doesn't work with Dots.
    Last edited by Jazebel; 01-18-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Rift Disciple

It's an amazing ability, the spec for it is 10 druid//18 justicar// 38 shaman. This spec will make you an awesome off-healer. All the attacks are pretty boring though, you spam even justice which will hit up to 5 mobs but heal for 25% of the damage it deals, spamming everyone with about 100-200 hp per mob every swing, thats 100-200x5 at the best so around 500-1000 healing to everyone per attack. If you pop rage of the north, you'll get a huge burst of heals and damage, making it your "o sh@$" button. Also, the only melee attacks you'll really use are Justicar ones, though you can throw in strike of the maelstrom every once in a while since its a bit better damage and has a dot effect to it...but that son a 10 second cooldown.
    O and lastly, you can put righteous mandate on your tank or friend, that will direct all the over healing that is done to you and gives it to your righteous mandate target. You also get a special ability that allows you to heal the target of your righteous mandate for 1000 for only about 40 mana.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-18-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It's an amazing ability, the spec for it is 10 druid//18 justicar// 38 shaman. This spec will make you an awesome off-healer. All the attacks are pretty boring though, you spam even justice which will hit up to 5 mobs but heal for 25% of the damage it deals, spamming everyone with about 100-200 hp per mob every swing, thats 100-200x5 at the best so around 500-1000 healing to everyone per attack.
    Not sure about your math. Maybe at level 50 you can get 100-200 hits from even justice. Seems high but I don't know much about level 50 yet. Times 5 thats the 500-1000 you mention. That results in 125-250 heals after you factor in the 25% heal back portion. Not the 500-1000 you figured.

Still 125-250 is not bad but how long will 5 mobs stay close to you and not all aggro on you and destroy you?

More realistically you are hitting 3 mobs for 50-100 which results in heal backs of 37-75. Still healing everyone in the group for an average of 55 everytime you swing your mace is pretty good healing.

I believe that it is quite viable for a justicar to offtank one mob, and still contribute to group healing in a significant way. Think of it as the justicar way to CC. The real benefit from pure justicar is the level 51 skill. That will be some serious heals at 300% of the damage done. Sure its on a 15sec timer but most level 51 skills are on a 2 minute or 5 minute cooldown. Sadly pure justicars don't get much from shaman and druid trees with only 15 points to spend between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Also, the only melee attacks you'll really use are Justicar ones, though you can throw in strike of the maelstrom every once in a while since its a bit better damage and has a dot effect to it...but that son a 10 second cooldown.

The other problem with an 18 justicar 38 shaman build is that generally the justicar abilities don't do as much damage as the shaman ones. Sure the justicar damage gives a 25% heal back but it is also hitting for noticeably less in the first place. With 38 points in shaman some of the shaman special attacks are going to hit very hard. Shaman attacks only give a 10% heal back. Many players like myself believe in "the faster you kill the mob the less time it has to hurt you".

Don't get me wrong I believe that a justicar/shaman/druid will rock just not for the reasons that you suggest here. For instance the synergy for critical hits is very nice in this combo.
    Last edited by Akrux; 01-18-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Rift Disciple

No this build works perfect as I mentioned, and yes at higher level you will pull those numbers 5x100-200 heals = around 500-1000 to everyone so the math is perfect. There is no problem with the build either, Justicar abilities hit for exactly the same amount as shaman and druid ones, also Justicar's as of right now cannot tank for anything. I can't expect you to completely understand my post as of right now, but later on you will, whenever they let beta testers get to 50. Also, two clerics using this spec can heal dungeons without an actual healer... setup is war/bard/war/clericx2.

By specing 10 into druid, 38 into shaman and 18 into justicar..You'll find there is no talent in the shaman tree that increases the damage of shaman only abilities. There is only one that makes massive blow have an extra 30% chance to critical, and another that gives strike of the maelstrom a dot effect which I suggested using when its CD is up.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-18-2011 at 07:42 PM.

You could go 35/21/10 Sham/Justi/Dru and get sovereign hammer. Although not as high as maelstrom, Its a pretty big attack, then you have censure which increases any light attacks damage by 5% increase base damage from 30-33 to 31ish to 34ish.
    Which is pretty decent when you consider multipliers from buffs and crit. You wont exactly be hitting softly or anything.

If you are using a mace you will have the extra damage from justi buff as well (dont know how that compares to 2 handers though, never tried it out)

Rift Disciple

maces are definitely the way to go.
    Though the extra points I placed in shaman were 5% health and 3% mana everytime I critical hit, its important especially when you using a mana eating attack like even justice. Though, I've never lost any mana using it because of this spec and using the non-GCD mana return from justicar line.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.

yeah i simply did not get any attack or party buffs on my shaman. Everything is basically to enhance general attacks

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...17,5_&lang=eng

So when i do use justi attacks, it wouldnt slow down my dps too much as well as increase the healing i do.

+ Reply to Thread