+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Everyone is making a build, But...

Default Everyone is making a build, But...

When you are making that build are you at all thinking of the progression or just the end result?

Like ok so you have these 3 souls, which is your main?
    Whuch is you 2nd and what is the purpose of your third?
    Will you be putting points in your first soul exclusivly until what time you will add them into your 2nd soul, then 3rd soul.

Do you plan to spend points in 2 or 3 souls as you go????

No one is talking on this concept.

Lets start the discussion..

I am going Saboteur as my main soul, and putting the first 5 points in dexterity asap, then on to the next 5 points to extend the range of my charges... then switch into assassin eventually onto Nightblade.

Soulwalker

i personally will probably put all of my points into the main until about level 30ish im going Shaman/Warden/justicar for leveling

Rift Disciple

Actually this is very much on my mind. Until I know for sure how difficult it will be to attain souls and additional roles, I am not sure what my startingsouls or spec will be. My overall goal is to make a riftstalker main tank. To be viable for the first dungeon requires all points be put into riftstalker. However, I would much prefer to level up to 18 using marksman or ranger, neither of which I am currently including in my preferred tanking specs.

i cant comment on what souls i will use until i have played them a while...i imagine i will have mostly pure builds but until i see what i can do and how they actually play with it is hard to tell. they soultree build sites are good but dont give youa feel for how the buildis going to play.

This is one of the reasons I am using (or trying to for that matter) ZAM's Role Planner.. because as you add points it shows what level you need to be.. So I am going through and adding one point at a time, based on what i would like to have access to and when during my trip to 50..

I already have the big picture worked out, but as you said, time to fine tune the smaller points..

I personally do all my build thinking for progression through the game at this point. That's then leveling, instances (and potentially rifts/events) and PvP. Fortunately Rift makes those multiple roles available!
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

This actually might sound odd, but I'm taking the easiest class combo I can find to PVE with then using my 2nd spec slot for my final/testing builds. It worked great for my Champ/VK and Sin/Bard. I spent in both, but I would flip to whatever one was stronger if I hit a weak point in either build. I used to do that with duel specs in WoW too; it isn't a perfect system, but it gives you a chance to learn and experience multiple angles of the game which always kept it fresh for me while I was leveling.
    Last edited by Allura; 01-18-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.

Starting at level 3, you'll have more points available than you can spend in one soul tree, so most everyone will be spening points in more than 1 tree very early on.

I'll most likely be keeping my main soul at max points and spending the rest in the other 2 souls until about 31, then start spreading my points between the others.

http://www.dragonsyndicate.net/
    "Because Defiants are not waiting for a miracle. We are making one." -MissDoomcookie

Telaran

My points are split between justicar and shaman for justicar tanking. Going primary justicar to get what are essential to tanking. Druid soul is mainly just for the pet for additions heals on myself

When I build my roles, I do it in steps of 5 points, and look on how I need to distribute my points while leveling to get the best result.

In one of my roles I had to build up to a 26 point skill first to make full benefit of the soul, but while getting to 26 I didn't go all the way into the tree, I waited till I was 26, then reset, and put points into it.

I do keep the end result in mind, but I allways look at the road I take to get there first.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

As a Bard I only put points into my other trees when I gain the extra point every 3 levels. But once I'm level 31 I'm sure I would start spreading them out more to the other trees.

Telaran

Hmm not too tricky for me. Start as warden, spec for pure healing. Whenever I find the sentinel soul immediately get 4 points into Sentinel Asap, then back to speccing all into warden until I hit 44 in Warden. By then hopefully I have the PvP soul and the last 18 points go into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    Actually this is very much on my mind. Until I know for sure how difficult it will be to attain souls and additional roles, I am not sure what my startingsouls or spec will be. My overall goal is to make a riftstalker main tank. To be viable for the first dungeon requires all points be put into riftstalker. However, I would much prefer to level up to 18 using marksman or ranger, neither of which I am currently including in my preferred tanking specs.
    I imagine that by level 18 even in the polished product you will most likely have 1 option for 'respeccing', so you could have the marksman/ranger build for levelling, but you can still riftstalk for dungeon tanking. Probably the best option.
    Mortelugo - Mortified - Mortification - Morteria - Morterion | Immortal Tyrants @ Gelidra EU

Even if it's not the best leveling build I like to put points into a build that will be my endgame build as I go along. I do this because I want to gain personal experience using those specific abilities and become familiar with how they perform as I go. It gives me an intimate understanding of where the strengths and weaknesses are in my build so that by the end I have something that I'm an expert on.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    Even if it's not the best leveling build I like to put points into a build that will be my endgame build as I go along. I do this because I want to gain personal experience using those specific abilities and become familiar with how they perform as I go. It gives me an intimate understanding of where the strengths and weaknesses are in my build so that by the end I have something that I'm an expert on.
    Likewise.

For example, I plan on making an alt using Cabalist. The Cabalist is a bit more tricky than most classes...so even if it is less effective for grinding and such, I want to learn it as I go.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast