+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Help with a max spike dmg assassin build

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Khairi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    141

    Default Help with a max spike dmg assassin build

    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...lker.330300500

    This is what I'm working with thus far. Enough points into riftstalker to ensure that I can be extremely mobile when combined with the points in assassin. Also enough points into nightblade for a ranged finisher. I plan on min/maxing DEX with this build as well. Anybody have anything better or have suggestions for improvement?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Khairi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    141

    Default

    /bump!

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Korncob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    271

    Default

    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    Is what I would use personally, shadow assault would be a nice ability if they try to get away + does a good chunk of damage. Also some advice, that calculator you linked is hard to look at...lol

    Xfire/steam : Korncob

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Khairi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korncob View Post
    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    Is what I would use personally, shadow assault would be a nice ability if they try to get away + does a good chunk of damage. Also some advice, that calculator you linked is hard to look at...lol
    You think that one ability with a 30-32 second CD would be better than the extra dps you can get from more assassin points? I do understand that those last few assassin root skills wouldn't be worth it, but the extra dmg from longer bleeds and more dmg from behind? I sure hope that Riftstalker skill hits really really really really hard. It looks like it does though.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Erie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    151

    Default

    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng

    Max spike dmg, though not a pvp build ;)

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Korncob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Hmm yah idk it's all up to whether or not you think you could stay behind them. I feel it's pretty hard to get behind people unless you can stun them somehow but if you think you could it'd be worth it obviously lol

    The reason I like shadow assault is because it's a free cleanse and a +15% crit chance 10s buff whenever you use it or any of the phase shift abilities and it does pretty good damage.

    If you think you could handle being behind them a lot try this :

    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    Shadow assault would do a lot less but it'd be useful for instantly getting behind them and backstabbing/etc.

    You can also use shadow stalk to do the same thing as well so you'd have 2 of those you could use on 33s cd.
    Last edited by Korncob; 01-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.

    Xfire/steam : Korncob

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Khairi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erie View Post
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...19,5_&lang=eng

    Max spike dmg, though not a pvp build ;)
    Yeaaah...gotta be pvp That does look like a lot of crit though

  8. #8
    Ascendant Vadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korncob View Post
    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    Is what I would use personally, shadow assault would be a nice ability if they try to get away + does a good chunk of damage. Also some advice, that calculator you linked is hard to look at...lol
    Nice build, very well thought out. I don't like the extra damage from the abilities from behind, best not to rely on luck or lag for that matter.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Caledon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Max crit? Don't forget the 6 points in RNG that gives you an ATTK buff and the 5% crit increase. Straight up % increases raise single stats more than DEX does, which raises several stats slightly.

    If you're going PVP, then you should look into the Infil soul, which has an entire line of DMG increasing goodness.

    Korncob has a nice build there that you can easily personalize to your liking. For instance, I'm not sure if I'd be able to pass up Imp. SS with the +10% crit chance, especially if I'm looking for spike. Another thing is the Advanced Flanking Korncob took, which seems great, but he passed up on backstab, so Advanced Flanking will only be useful for Assassinate. No matter how many builds people post, and they probably work great for that individual, make sure to adjust the build to fit your playstyle.
    Last edited by Caledon; 01-18-2011 at 08:26 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Vadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon View Post
    Max crit? Don't forget the 6 points in RNG that gives you an ATTK buff and the 5% crit increase. Straight up % increases raise single stats more than DEX does, which raises several stats slightly.

    If you're going PVP, then you should look into the Infil soul, which has an entire line of DMG increasing goodness.
    Yeah, but putting points into the pvp soul just doesn't seem worth it compared to the skills you are losing. This goes for Infiltrator though, the other classes pvp souls give some decent stuff. The heal debuff for example, complete waste of a point. I'd rather get improved stealth than spending points into infiltrator.

  11. #11
    Aps
    Aps is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Take 2 pnts out of assasin and put them into riftstalker for extra 15% dmg for 10 secs plus an extra port + dmg ability to the back of your opponent. Always nice to have

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Caledon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Yeah, but putting points into the pvp soul just doesn't seem worth it compared to the skills you are losing. This goes for Infiltrator though, the other classes pvp souls give some decent stuff. The heal debuff for example, complete waste of a point. I'd rather get improved stealth than spending points into infiltrator.
    Looking at the soul planner now, it doesn't show the percentages and points... I did one with and without.

    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...18,5_&lang=eng


    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    or

    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    Once I start messing around with these soul builders I can't stop. It's time for sleep.
    Last edited by Caledon; 01-18-2011 at 08:43 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Khairi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Sooo many different ways to do the same thing essentially I suppose I'll just have to spend this next beta trying to figure out which min/max pvp spike I like most.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Vadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon View Post
    Looking at the soul planner now, it doesn't show the percentages and points... I did one with and without.

    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...18,5_&lang=eng


    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    or

    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng

    Once I start messing around with these soul builders I can't stop. It's time for sleep.
    I like your builds (must have silent footsteps though). Comparing the infiltrator to the one without, I think it's pretty clear the one without is far superior for the focus of the build. Mdps with high mobility to catch the target and escape if needed.
    Last edited by Vadar; 01-19-2011 at 01:49 AM.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Heres my attempt at theory craft.

    http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

    Open with Paralyzing strike (3 combo), then puncture (2 points).

    Improved final blow getting 25 energy back from blazing fury.

    Riff (5 combo)

    Improved final blow again.

    Im not sure how much damage the finishers actually do, but thats a reasonable amount of burst in a short space of time.

    Also does anyone know if motifs break stealth? If not you can buff yourself up a little more prior to attack with motif of bravery and motif of focus.

    Kelari racial also comes to mind here.....
    Last edited by pseudoman; 01-19-2011 at 03:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts