+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet Cosmetic Changes

Soulwalker

Default Pet Cosmetic Changes

I was wondering if class pets changed as they leveled. This was one of my favorite features of EQ and it would be sweet to see it implemented. I intend on playing a Necro. It would sadden me to have to see the same rinky dink skeleton with a sword my whole lvling experience. Not enough to actually stop me from playing though.

Soulwalker

Default Yup

Necro have different types of pets, which look different to each other, one tanks, one nukes I believe, and then theres McGimpy you start with

Other souls with pets generally have a different type of pet available (ie. Druid has Fairie/Satyr, Ranger has Boar/Wolf), and these have different versions (and skins). Some souls like Beastmaster has a greater version of the pet that differs from the starting version in size and colour.

Soulwalker

I was aware of the different pets necro have. What I meant was would it be possible to have the pets themselves individually change as you lvl. For example: Horror starts off with just a sword. At a certain level he'd gain a shield or something, then armor, then a better sword. None of this would have to change stats, but it would just be a nice feature.

I believe I've seen a pic somewhere here of the lesser Earth and Air elementals upgraded to greater Earth and Air elementals.

Greater Earth Elemental looked so much more awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Yeah the only change you get in the pet is when you get the next tier skill usually starts with "Greater" for most of the pet using classes, and that does change their looks quite alot really maybe apart from the Druids Fae

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post
    Yeah the only change you get in the pet is when you get the next tier skill usually starts with "Greater" for most of the pet using classes, and that does change their looks quite alot really maybe apart from the Druids Fae
    Nobody cares about the Druid pet.

I'd respec pronto if I had a dinky little fairy following me arround.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

+ Reply to Thread