+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock/Elementalist/Dominator

Soulwalker

Default Warlock/Elementalist/Dominator

This will be my initial build for soloing and random rift hunting. I'll be creating a healing based build for Guild use while in raids and groups where we have enough dps but lacking a bit in healing. I think this build will offer a nice strong pet while offering what is essentially the core of the Warlock tree. In addition, it allows use of the Dominators Transmogrify for a bit of additional crowd control.

Warlock(34)/Elementalist(32)/Dominator(0)

Constructive comments are welcome.
    Last edited by Raterro; 01-18-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Prophet of Telara

It looks pretty strong to me... not much flab or nonsense anywhere that I can see. Just a couple of small points/suggestions that could honestly go either way:

I'm not convinced that you'll necessarily be so charge hungry, that you need the 5 points in Magical Affinity on the Lock tree. There are some mage souls that really go heavily through charge as part of their basic functionality... but I'm not sure that this build would necessarily be one of them. Some of that would depend upon how you actually end up playing it though... so it could go either way.

If I were you, I'd consider going for 2 points in Lingering Pain for a pretty much everlasting Life Leech - and take Radiate Death (to make Dark Touch and Nedra's Grasp go AoE). Having extra AoE abilities could be particularly useful in your random rifting alongside your Grtr Air Ele. Then see how things go with your charge in your game-play. If you find that you're always falling a bit short on charge, or don't have enough between battles to get to full mana with revitalise... then maybe go for upping the Magical Affinity further.

Like I say, I don't reckon there's anything wrong with the build you posted. Just pointing up some other options that might appeal.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 01-18-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    It looks pretty strong to me... not much flab or nonsense anywhere that I can see. Just a couple of small points/suggestions that could honestly go either way:

I'm not convinced that you'll necessarily be so charge hungry, that you need the 5 points in Magical Affinity on the Lock tree. There are some mage souls that really go heavily through charge as part of their basic functionality... but I'm not sure that this build would necessarily be one of them. Some of that would depend upon how you actually end up playing it though... so it could go either way.

If I were you, I'd consider going for 2 points in Lingering Pain for a pretty much everlasting Life Leech - and take Radiate Death (to make Dark Touch and Nedra's Grasp go AoE). Having extra AoE abilities could be particularly useful in your random rifting alongside your Grtr Air Ele. Then see how things go with your charge in your game-play. If you find that you're always falling a bit short on charge, or don't have enough between battles to get to full mana with revitalise... then maybe go for upping the Magical Affinity further.

Like I say, I don't reckon there's anything wrong with the build you posted. Just pointing up some other options that might appeal.

X
    I was working on a Necro/Warlock build a few minutes ago and the main attack was going to be the Deadly Plague not Void Bolt. I was just thinking it was the Necro build and as such the points would not be needed in Lingering Pain. I have removed 2 points in Magical Affinity and put them in Lingering Pain as you suggested.

As far as the Radiant Death is concerned I did not want to pick that up for exactly the reason you stated. If I turn some abilities into AoE's then it may gather me more attention while soloing that I really want. I thought that I would prefer single attacks while soloing with this build over AoE attacks.

Thanks for the input and I do appreciate your thoughts.

Shadowlander

You need to let us know if this build is gonna be mainly for pve or pvp for us to give better suggestions.

Soulwalker

Goldenlogic123,

I'm sorry but your right. I personally never PvP so all my builds are either going to be group/party orientated or PvE.

Shadowlander

The build that u list will do fine for pve im sure. In my opinion though if you intend to use the elementalist then you should use the pyro or stormcaller because those 2 souls have much more synergy with the elementalist. If you wanna stay with the warlock then i would switch out the elementalist for the necro because again necro/warlock has much better synergy. For example stormcaller has a passive boost to crit and damage for all air spells which would benefit your elementalist lightning spells.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlogic123 View Post
    The build that u list will do fine for pve im sure. In my opinion though if you intend to use the elementalist then you should use the pyro or stormcaller because those 2 souls have much more synergy with the elementalist. If you wanna stay with the warlock then i would switch out the elementalist for the necro because again necro/warlock has much better synergy. For example stormcaller has a passive boost to crit and damage for all air spells which would benefit your elementalist lightning spells.
    Goldenlogic123,

I agree with all you said. However, I wanted to give a build out that would not be a standard build and still be quite viable. The Warlock will give nice dots and damage while the Elementalist will offer a nice range of pets plus Revitalize as a bonus. I already have a Necro/Warlock build I'm using in Beta but wanted to give something with a bit different taste a go.

Again... thanks for your input.

+ Reply to Thread