+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric PvP group healing spec

Default Cleric PvP group healing spec

I have my solo PvE and solo PvP builds down, as well as my PvE raid/party heal spec figured out, but what I am looking for some assistance with is a group PvP healing spec.

I am going for a very tanky, hard to kill healer. I am not looking for the best or highest output HPS, but simply for a cleric that can take a punch, have some decent snare/root abilities and the ability to get out of them, won't be a complete gimp in a 1v1 scenario if cornered, can heal (primarily with instants/instant HoTs) and is survival oriented mainly.

With that in mind, I was thinking of a Just/Sent/Templar build, a Just/Ward/Temp build, or a Sent/Ward/Temp build. I like the surviveability of the Justicar class, but am curious of just how badly that would gimp my healing, especially since I will primarily be a back line healer. I just dont want to be a backline healer that dies as soon as someone gets to me.

Any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Rift Disciple

Shields get purged pretty regularly since pretty much every class has a purge in this game. I really hated that. HOTs just don't do enough up front and instants are too weak; so ur gonna be stuck casting ur 2 second heals and as such I found the pushback reducing passive in purifier pretty essential for PvPing.

When the levels get bumped up, I'm guessing Shared Recovery from the Sent tree becomes an essential heal for any PvPing Cleric along with the Serendipity passive but that part is just speculation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxtasy View Post
    I have my solo PvE and solo PvP builds down, as well as my PvE raid/party heal spec figured out, but what I am looking for some assistance with is a group PvP healing spec.

I am going for a very tanky, hard to kill healer. I am not looking for the best or highest output HPS, but simply for a cleric that can take a punch, have some decent snare/root abilities and the ability to get out of them, won't be a complete gimp in a 1v1 scenario if cornered, can heal (primarily with instants/instant HoTs) and is survival oriented mainly.

With that in mind, I was thinking of a Just/Sent/Templar build, a Just/Ward/Temp build, or a Sent/Ward/Temp build. I like the surviveability of the Justicar class, but am curious of just how badly that would gimp my healing, especially since I will primarily be a back line healer. I just dont want to be a backline healer that dies as soon as someone gets to me.

Any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.
    Well good thing is that the justicar attacks heal your allies too.. So I suggest your first, Just/Sent/Templar.

If you want to be a PvP healer I'd pick 2 of the 3 healing classes and mix it with the Templar. Templar is the PvP soul. If you want to be a main healer, even in PvP, you really need 2 healing souls. I'd say though that you don't need Justicar. You probably won't be attacking so those heals it has won't help, and you have enough survivability from the healing souls alone, even more so paired with Templar. But the only way you'll know is to try it out in a Beta. As for which 2 healing souls to pick, that just comes down to your preferred healing style since they're all different.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 01-18-2011 at 02:12 PM.

In warfronts, I like the purifier, but in world pvp, I like the sentinel/warden.

+ Reply to Thread