+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riftstalker Stalker Phase question

Default Riftstalker Stalker Phase question

Hey guys,

Riftstalkers seem like a neat class. I like the idea of being able to choose a DPS or tank stance, depending on the situation. Also teleports are always fun as a rogue

However, the tooltip on the builders I've seen is not entirely clear... Are both the damage and threat reduction only active for 10s after a shift? It seems likely to be so but I hold out hope it's 15% damage all the time.
    Last edited by Ethias; 01-18-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Also, do Shadowstalk, Shadow Shift, and Flashback break stealth?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ethias View Post
    Also, do Shadowstalk, Shadow Shift, and Flashback break stealth?
    Any attack breaks stealth unless otherwise stated, so unless they are an attack I doubt it.
    Last edited by Ambros; 01-18-2011 at 12:53 PM.

They are not stated to be attacks, just teleports.

Telaran

I believe the Stalker Phase buffs are only active 10 seconds after a teleport.
    It would be nice if the threat reduction was permanent since most RS attacks generate additional threat, but this is not how the tool tip reads.
    Guardian phase buffs appear to be permanent and not related to teleporting.
    I would think that teleporting would remove stealth but I never tried it.
    Last edited by DareDelvis; 01-18-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Rift Disciple

The bonuses only last for 10 seconds. If you look at the riftstalker skills you will see that there are 3 other 10 seconds after shifting bonuses. One adds armor, another a damage reduction shield, and another increases crit chance. This is designed to force the rift stalker to teleport once every 10 seconds to maintain all the buffs. People who spec deeply enough into the tree may not even need the timer reduction skill, as a full riftstalker will get 3 teleports to target, one 15m teleport, one 25m teleport, and flashback.

Keep in mind, to get flashback you will need 32 points in riftstalker.

Guardian phase is always active for tanking. Not one hundred percent sure on the stealth teleport but I am fairly certain that porting will break stealth.

I love the idea myself. It should make tanking as a riftstalker very active.

the stealth doesn't break on teleports, unless its one with an attack at the end, like shadow assault.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ciowyn View Post
    the stealth doesn't break on teleports, unless its one with an attack at the end, like shadow assault.
    I stand corrected. I've been concentrating on building a main tank but that is interesting.
    Last edited by Rhyveth; 01-18-2011 at 01:31 PM.

hehe I was messing around in beta 3 with assassin / riftstalker. was interesting. But yeh if I go riftstalker it be main tank build with bard / blade dancer so won't have to worry about stealth.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Rift Disciple

Hmmm, I am leaning towards bladedancer with 5 in saba to get the dex increase and possibly a little ae damage for the zerg spawns. I am hoping I can get another rogue in the group to run bard for the buffs.

Of course thats on the assumption that a 30 percent increase in dex will be a big benefit.

Rift stalker sounds awesome, I can't wait to try this in practice.

I play a DPS Riftstalker, and I have a couple tips.

FIRST: No, Shadow Shift, Flashback, and Shadow Stalk do not break stealth. In fact, Shadow Stalk is excellent setting up for a backstab in groups.

SECOND: Unless you have godly reflexes, either use Shadow Assault or sneak up the old-fashioned way on mobs. They tend to turn around and ruin your sneak attack if you teleport in.

THIRD: DON"T USE THE RIFTSTALKER ATTACKS. Use another soul like Assassin or Nightblade for your main attacks, and use Stalker Phase, the planeshifts, and the Attack Power increasing finisher (Don't remember the name) from Riftstalker to augment it.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Hey Selgin! Thanks, good to hear that!

Do you know if other teleports than the two listed active Stalker Phase? It sucks if it's only 2; I was hoping to keep it active full time but that's impossible if only 2 activate it =(

Quote Originally Posted by Ethias View Post
    Hey Selgin! Thanks, good to hear that!

Do you know if other teleports than the two listed active Stalker Phase? It sucks if it's only 2; I was hoping to keep it active full time but that's impossible if only 2 activate it =(
    They all activate it. But I can tell you that Shadow Stalk and Shadow Assault are still going to be your bread and butter teleports as a DPS. I wouldn't risk Shadow Blitz unless your tank is excellent, and Shadow Shift will take you AWAY from combat.

Fun fact: You can cast Shadow Stalk on allies.
    Last edited by Selgin; 01-18-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Selgin View Post
    They all activate it. But I can tell you that Shadow Stalk and Shadow Assault are still going to be your bread and butter teleports as a DPS. I wouldn't risk Shadow Blitz unless your tank is excellent, and Shadow Shift will take you AWAY from combat.

Fun fact: You can cast Shadow Stalk on allies.
    that's awesome, didn't know that.

I'm glad to hear they all activate it, because the tooltip only gave the two, which had me very disheartened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast