+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro/Archon

Soulwalker

Default Chloro/Archon

I tried to balance the two, this would be support/backup heal

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng

It seems like the Chloro 44 point root ability is awesome but not necessary if I'm trying to be more of a support class rather than main healer.

Any suggestions?

Are you trying to make a raid build or one for group content? If it's the former, i'd go with the following (considering we have not yet seen any of the raid content, but still..):

1. Remove the points from Natural Fusion and Emphatic bonds and get living shell and 2 in enhanced wild growth. Between the shell and your 31 point skill you should never have to joust on aoe's while under wild growth so you can maintain your debuff np, and your mana regen options are fine as is. You can always cast mental flare on yourself if somethig goes wrong.

2. Drop purging flames in archon, max out power in numbrs

3. Drop Flowing sand and maybe empowered aegis and max out Martyr's solace, since there is a distinct shortage of wards and absorb shields which are castable on the mt in rift, and you can also ward someone extra squishy in your group when the aoe is about to hit.

(Also I found out that Accelerated Growth talent is mislabeled in that builder...it's 5% damage for life spells, not 25%)

Plane Touched

I would max Power in Numbers but not at the expense of Purging Flames. As far as I know Purging is the only AoE offensive dispel in the game. I would say Rock Slide is the point to shift for that. Rock Slide is a 6 second channel, that is 6 seconds you are using a spell that doesn't take full advantage of Lifegiving Veil and its another self buff that you are going to be spending time maintaining. You will be spending a lot of time casting Archon self buffs (attached to attack spells) that don't properly feed into Lifegiving Veil. Besides Rock Slide is an int buff that likely only translates into about 10% more damage for you. You get 10% damage for that one point in Power in Numbers if you maintain all 5 Archon Auras.

Between Mental Flare, Leeching Flames and Exhilaration you don't need Empathic Bond. I agree on taking the point out of it to do what you will. Martyr's Solace is a good place for the point. You don't lose anything shifting to the other tree like that and having a better Shielding spell is great.

I do not agree with removing the Flowing Sand and Empowered Aegis. Resists will be useful and a Dev has already stated they plan on making mobility a factor in encounters.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hecate's Lover View Post
    I would max Power in Numbers but not at the expense of Purging Flames. As far as I know Purging is the only AoE offensive dispel in the game. I would say Rock Slide is the point to shift for that. Rock Slide is a 6 second channel, that is 6 seconds you are using a spell that doesn't take full advantage of Lifegiving Veil and its another self buff that you are going to be spending time maintaining. You will be spending a lot of time casting Archon self buffs (attached to attack spells) that don't properly feed into Lifegiving Veil. Besides Rock Slide is an int buff that likely only translates into about 10% more damage for you. You get 10% damage for that one point in Power in Numbers if you maintain all 5 Archon Auras.

Between Mental Flare, Leeching Flames and Exhilaration you don't need Empathic Bond. I agree on taking the point out of it to do what you will. Martyr's Solace is a good place for the point. You don't lose anything shifting to the other tree like that and having a better Shielding spell is great.

I do not agree with removing the Flowing Sand and Empowered Aegis. Resists will be useful and a Dev has already stated they plan on making mobility a factor in encounters.
    Actually, Power in numbers is 20% damage AND healing, most people fail to notice the second part.

Honestly, swift thoughts is something you can sacrifice. You'll never use it on yourself, only others and I don't even know how their mana issues will be at max level too.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 01-18-2011 at 04:27 PM.

For now, it looks there will be none unless the encounter features some form of an aoe drain. You are also VERY likely not to need the aoe buff removal and flowing sand. By emphathising mobility the developers just wanted to say that every raid mob that is worth a **** will have 5+ aoes per minute which have to be jousted. In other words, you'd better not bring any non-bard non-sab rogues and non-mt non-bm tanks to your raid, they are all useless anyway.

+ Reply to Thread