+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would this tank build be overkill?

Default Would this tank build be overkill?

Hello all,

First of all i want to apologise if this has been asked before, i tried the search option but me and that option don't work well, as i couldn't find what i was looking for.

Alright, so simply put i have been playing a bit with the talent calculator. I know for sure my first character will be a Paladin tank (i simply love tanks & tanking). So after some messing around i came up with this :
    My horrible first creation!

I'll be blunt, i simply went and took 3 tanking souls..why you may ask? Simple..i'm WAY too used to WoW...so i kinda...wanted to get a lot of tank-stuff...
    Not only that, but when it comes to souls i simply got 0 knowledge at the moment. I haven't been in the beta (yet, i pre-ordered RIFT a few days ago, so I will be in the next beta...can't wait!)

So, tell me and be honest, for a Paladin tank, did i choose too many tank/ish talents, and is this overkill? what would you suggest? 2 tank souls and 1 dps soul?

Any help is appreciated, since right now i feel pretty lost about this subject.

Thanks in advance,
    Siph

It is fine.

Keep an eye on what works and does not work as you level.
    Remember if you ar e a TANK only your dps will be horrible. You will need a dpser and a healer to make your build viable as yu level.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    It is fine.

Keep an eye on what works and does not work as you level.
    Remember if you ar e a TANK only your dps will be horrible. You will need a dpser and a healer to make your build viable as yu level.
    Haha, yeah, thanks for the help with that.

For some reason dps never bothered me that much, when i still played WoW i leveled up 3 characters as tank (well..technically 2, since a druid isn't really a tank unless you're in bear form..)

But thanks, one thing less to ''worry'' about when the game launches ;p

minor edit : fixed some typing errors...definitely saw that Dutch was my first language there...hehe
    Last edited by Siphereus; 01-18-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Plane Touched

Personally would prefer dodge over block since it's avoidance or the 5% melee dmg reduction. I think that they should have doubled that block % on the Warlords block soul talent. Make no sense that the Pally get 2% per point while the Warlord get 1% per point...guess the same goes for the VK spending 10 points for a 15% Sta boost while other souls only spend 5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambros View Post
    Personally would prefer dodge over block since it's avoidance or the 5% melee dmg reduction. I think that they should have doubled that block % on the Warlords block soul talent. Make no sense that the Pally get 2% per point while the Warlord get 1% per point...guess the same goes for the VK spending 10 points for a 15% Sta boost while other souls only spend 5 points.
    It would be nice to have dodge in there but a Tank is designed to use the shield when a block happens. many skills will do damage once the block happens and you would like that damage or buff to kick in .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
    It would be nice to have dodge in there but a Tank is designed to use the shield when a block happens. many skills will do damage once the block happens and you would like that damage or buff to kick in .

Like what? A lil bit more threat for that Retaliation thingy or that small heal from that Tip the Balance?

5% dodge will go way more in survivability than 5% block, and I doubt the threat loss will even be noticable granted it even affactes the ability since it's on a CD.

+ Reply to Thread