+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help with marksmans.

Shadowlander

Default Need some help with marksmans.

Ok ive decided to make a marksman because they seem to be good Solo-pvpers(from what ive read). So i could do some help with my build, http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng it focuses on good energy regen,the neccisary talents,crits and damage/survivability. any advice that i could use?

Quote Originally Posted by EL33T View Post
    Ok ive decided to make a marksman because they seem to be good Solo-pvpers(from what ive read). So i could do some help with my build, http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng it focuses on good energy regen,the neccisary talents,crits and damage/survivability. any advice that i could use?
    I suggest removing the AoE talents and getting repeling shot, the hit talents, and Getaway.

Heres one I put together that I may give a try:

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...19,5_&lang=eng
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Rift Disciple

Take another look at serrated blades, says range in Melee. Also, isn't getaway really good for MM?

Shadowlander

Hmm nice, but without a ranger dont i miss out on my pet? a lot of the skills that were on mine were focused on damage, your build is good, but the reason i didnt put a point into splintering shot is because of the 4 second stun you get with assassins, and also the 6% decrease chance of people missing/parrying/dodgeing your skills isnt that helpful really unless there a tank. But i will use hat youve said from it :P thanks

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Take another look at serrated blades, says range in Melee. Also, isn't getaway really good for MM?
    I think it does work with marksmans, it means melee for, it attacks them not from a range but actually on top of them :P

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    I saw that, but it was something I wanted to try. Afterall, a crits a crit.
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Hmm nice, but without a ranger dont i miss out on my pet? a lot of the skills that were on mine were focused on damage, your build is good, but the reason i didnt put a point into splintering shot is because of the 4 second stun you get with assassins, and also the 6% decrease chance of people missing/parrying/dodgeing your skills isnt that helpful really unless there a tank. But i will use hat youve said from it :P thanks
    I was under the same assumption when it came to hit. Rogues dodged me far too often and mages with the occasional dodge or miss could be the difference between life and death. Not to mention if you shoot at a tank, don't you want to hit them?

The stun in assassin requires melee range which defeats the purpose of being a marksman in the first place. I also didn't find stealth all that useful as a marksman. It was very, very situational. The pet and stealth dont mix well anyway.
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Villast View Post
    I was under the same assumption when it came to hit. Rogues dodged me far too often and mages with the occasional dodge or miss could be the difference between life and death. Not to mention if you shoot at a tank, don't you want to hit them?

The stun in assassin requires melee range which defeats the purpose of being a marksman in the first place. I also didn't find stealth all that useful as a marksman. It was very, very situational. The pet and stealth dont mix well anyway.
    Repelling shot is also in melee range, 4 second stun is alot better then 15 meters, why? because it gives you time to do certain things, i can run 15 meters very fast so a warrior should have no trouble.

Repelling shot is also in melee range, 4 second stun is alot better then 15 meters, why? because it gives you time to do certain things, i can run 15 meters very fast so a warrior should have no trouble.
    But its in the marksman tree already. I don't need to go 20 points into assassin to get it.

Those points could be used to put more into marksman to get other amazing abilities like Controlled Fire and Fire and Forget.
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

If you are on a pvp server, stealth is open world every fight ability. Not situational but "bread and butter". If you arent dying someone else is.

You are going to get into melee situaitons - No matter how good you are, someone at some stage will get in close to you. When that happens if you dont have a good range of get away or cc abilities you are dead.
    Imho lose a couple points from energy regen chance in favour of BOTH Foul Play and Repelling Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfega View Post
    If you are on a pvp server, stealth is open world every fight ability. Not situational but "bread and butter". If you arent dying someone else is.

You are going to get into melee situaitons - No matter how good you are, someone at some stage will get in close to you. When that happens if you dont have a good range of get away or cc abilities you are dead.
    Imho lose a couple points from energy regen chance in favour of BOTH Foul Play and Repelling Shot.
    I preferred building combo points at range instead of lurking around stealthed. If people got in close I was usally able to keep them at bay long enough for them to get frustrated and pick a new target. If they were all over me to the point I was dead there were usally more than one and everyone else was dead. I usually only stealthed in smaller open world instances where I was waiting for positioning on a healer.
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

+ Reply to Thread