+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mentalist from DAoC?

Rift Disciple

Default Mentalist from DAoC?

The mentalist was one of my favorite class types ever. Depending on the spec, a mentalist can do many things like heal, regen power, dot, crowd control, charm, DD and even AEdot and AE-dd. Quite a diverse class. I was thinking of trying to come close to something like this in rift.

Chloromancer is obviously a must for the healing abilities. Dominator would be a good choice as well for the crowd control. What im stuck on is the avenue of damage. Pyro? Storm? Warlock?

Warlock maybe because of all the dots, plus the life leaches and convert health to mana and charge to health for basically infinite mana!

Warlock/chloro/dom would be the order as far as point distrubution goes from most to least.

Soulwalker

Stormcaller would be good.

They get crack.. kind of. Not the same as DAoC crack but crack none the less.

Plane Touched

Interesting, care to link a build that is simmilar to the mentalist?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maeveth View Post
    Stormcaller would be good.

They get crack.. kind of. Not the same as DAoC crack but crack none the less.
    Yea stormcaller would be my second choice instead of warlock. The warlock has so much to offer as far as utility (personal). What ability for stormcaller is crack? Because....because I MUST have my crack!! :P

(edit)
    Also, does DOM get a charm? That might be cool. I know I've been charmed by mobs before, so maybe?
    Last edited by Resraely; 01-18-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resraely View Post
    Yea stormcaller would be my second choice instead of warlock. The warlock has so much to offer as far as utility (personal). What ability for stormcaller is crack? Because....because I MUST have my crack!! :P

(edit)
    Also, does DOM get a charm? That might be cool. I know I've been charmed by mobs before, so maybe?
    If your going Dominator get Mana Wrench and you will never have a mana problem again. IF you plan to mez a lot, you'll need that mana.

No charm for Dominator unfortunately.
    Last edited by Calibix; 01-18-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Soulwalker

LOL, I named my Chloro/Dom/Necro mage Mentilist during the beta for this very reason. It is tough to recreate the exact build but the warlock seems to be the best bet.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Resraely View Post
    What ability for stormcaller is crack? Because....because I MUST have my crack!! :P
    Its Recharge

+ Reply to Thread