+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Discussion

Default Bard Discussion

could some one who played the beta and perhaps played the bard tell me about them i like the idea of using instruments as well as aoe healing and hots while providing buffs and healing the party ?

Yes , yes and yes.

The instruments are graphics for casting though and not actual items on your character.
    Healing isnt going to be as good a healer cleric soul but takes the form of a channeled ability called cadence that you can spam as much as you like [if you dont run out of energy] while it heals group for up to 100% the damage it does if you put 3 points in the soul ability that adds the heal. and this can be improved with more points up in the Bard soul if I remember right. IMO cadence and bard buffs are what makes the bard work in this game. Combine it with some ranger and you have my favorite and soon to be main combo.
    Last edited by nefermore; 01-18-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Default My First Thread Reply

I just joined the community along with purchasing the CE! I am looking forward to the game and playing a Bard/Ranger/Something! Bards will make an interesting, complicated and welcome addition to this game!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by nefermore View Post
    Yes , yes and yes.

The instruments are graphics for casting though and not actual items on your character.
    Yes this is the one thing I miss from my Bard in XI. Having actual instruments as items. Although with the amount of instruments you needed to carry around on you at all times for the different instrument specific buffs it did get a bit inventory consuming.

Bard is a fantastic class in Rift though. It seems to have taken the best of Bard from a few different games and crammed them all together. You have some nice HoTs, Some decent DoTs, and the buffs are fantastic. Plus you get the always handy movement speed buff that you normally find in this class. It even makes a pretty good soul to tac onto the tanking soul.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 01-18-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airsgt View Post
    I just joined the community along with purchasing the CE! I am looking forward to the game and playing a Bard/Ranger/Something! Bards will make an interesting, complicated and welcome addition to this game!
    Bard/ Ranger/marksman will work well as they are all ranged and the Bard can still heal from a small distance and stay out of melee range for the other souls to stay put and do their damage.

The Bard soul on its own is an AoE healing powerhouse with a plethora of buffs. It's going to be a high demand class in PvE as well as PvP, even if they don't implement any of the changes we've been screaming for in the Bard threads, and I think we'll get at least a few of our wishes granted. When you throw in a few points from other souls which mix well like Bladedancer, Ranger or Riftstalker you get the aforementioned plus a mean DPS character. I believe you said it best:
    Last edited by Kithiel; 01-18-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Kiz
    Soulwalker

I am also new to the community and going to be pre-ordering RIFT as well. I have always loved the concept of a Bard. I've played Bards in other games such as Neverwinter Nights, and it excites me that Trion seems to have kept the essence of what the class should (this is also a generality, because I feel they've done well at doing this for other Archetypes and even other Soul Trees as well).

I have done some playing around with the soul-planner and have some general ideas of how I would like to play my Bard during betas and after Launch, but I was curious what are stats/attributes you guys feel are going to be the most important IN PRACTICE and not just on paper. I have yet to play in a beta (just heard about the game and got super excited to pre-order and start fresh in this game) so again, while I do have some ideas of where I should focus, I wanted the opinions of the community/people who have seen the stats in action and are able to do a "real" comparison and not just theory. To me, its looking like a combo of DEX and %AP are going to be valuable because our healing and thus much of our utility is based largely on our damage output. I would really love some clarification on this.

Much Love,
    Kiz

+ Reply to Thread