+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone happen to have a pet focused, PvP based Necromancer build they could share?

Default Anyone happen to have a pet focused, PvP based Necromancer build they could share?

Anyone? Anyone at all? I would be much obliged to those who share.
    Pulled over by woman cop... Didn't know kitchen had speed limit.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=3...nts=0&lang=eng

Is probably what I would use. The 51 point skill would be awesome if your wanting a pet-based build. Last gasp is also nice against cleric's in PvP so that's also worth it. Then I went warlock so that you can use life leech while using your 31pt abliity from necro and it will at least help with that.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Quote Originally Posted by NovemEnuma View Post
    Anyone? Anyone at all? I would be much obliged to those who share.
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...2400:dominator.

Is what I used in beta 3. If you scan through the Necromancer tree, you'll notice they are more evenly balanced around PvE. However I do very well in PvP with my Necromancer as either a straight pet damage/nuker for single targets. For groups I tend to AoE and spread as many DoT around as possible, adding a lot of pressure to packs. Other situations I'll pick a person to assist and cast through that person with damaging spells while keeping them healed.

So there is a lot of utility for a Necromancer mixed in with our damage capabilities. Don't expect an awesome TTK, but you can wear down and kill even Rogues in melee combat when done properly. Or when the Rogue is doing things improperly... either way I tend to win those fights.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Shadowlander

This is a little off topic but im worried about mages in pvp in general. All of our escapes are gonna be easily countered it looks like and we are gonna have trouble keeping distance. With that said i think for pvp you pretty much have to have at least necro, chloro, or warlock in your build to boost your survivability. The other thing i dont like is we dont have many ways to counter silences from what i can see. Warriors,rogues, and clerics all have many options for getting out of our snare,root, fears, etc., but we dont have many ways outta the one thing that can hurt us the most.

Necro/Lock/Dom

Plethera of survivabilty in this build, but yes I share the same concern as goldenlogic123.

We shall see...

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...nts=0&lang=eng

This build gives you:
    • +30% damage through Warlock (Improved Warlock Armor, Dark Power, Sacrifice Life: Damage),
    • +15% extra damage on dots and 15% extra Death damage (Neddra's Torture, Neddra's Influence)
    • a pet that deals nice damage
    • Strong self-heal and a bit off-healing for groups through necro (Soul Purge, Reconstruct, Shadow Life, Draining Bolt, Morality, Life Shift, Blood Binding)
    • Aoe - Damage through Grave Rot, Radiate Death, Devouring Shadows, Morality
    • An unending Mana-pool (Reclaim Power, Sacrifice Life: Mana, Greater Consumption)
    • The ability to increase your casting - speed by 30% (Sacrifice Life: Speed)
    • Nice Crowd Control: 10 seconds fear, 70% snare for 8 seconds, 5 seconds silence,15% Healdebuff, 2,5 second stun
    • If things get ugly ... 80% less damage for 7 seconds
    Well...that's pretty much it ^^
    This build won't top the dmg-meters but it has nice overall utility imho
    Last edited by Bachmors; 01-18-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Maybe a good spec for running solo would be this one:
    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...16,5_&lang=eng

Because you get the ability to cleanse yourself, and to remove roots and snares from you (+8 seconds immunity afterwards) and two instant-heals ... I haven't tested it, but I think the 30% chance of the radiant spores should also work with soul purge ... the downside is that you have a much weaker pet with this build.

A variant of the same build with a stronger pet, but without wild abandon:
    http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...16,5_&lang=eng

Telaran

Rift Disciple

I love necro,
    and I think you need at least 32 points in it.
    Death's grasp is very good. and I think the mage summon is pretty good @ 26 aswell I mean. both nuking from a distance that's nice.

Abe
    Soulwalker

Not sure about that feign death for pvp mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Not sure about that feign death for pvp mate.
    As a warrior, I'll pretend it worked on me momentarily, for a good laugh

+ Reply to Thread