+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need input on a Dwarven Guardian build!

Ore

Default Need input on a Dwarven Guardian build!

Ello Gov'nahs! I pre-ordered the game last week and have been spending some time thinking about different builds. I've been playing MMO's since the 90's and have played every possbile combination of race/class that can be conceived in traditional fantasy lore. I'm a fan of dwarves and based on reading/hearing that many will be rolling Defiant, I've decided to roll a Dwarven Guardian.

Here's what I need help with. I'm leaning towards the idea of a battle cleric kinda build w/ a shield and a hammer. A front line type of melee oriented healer. Something that's difficult to kill, has solid heals, and light/moderate dps capabilities. I want a front line fighter that can help my teammates stay on their feet without being a REMF rogue-bait healbot. Since I have yet to play in a beta event, I can only speculate that Justicar/Shaman/Sentinel might be what I'm looking for, but I need the input of those with some experience in-game.

If what i'm looking for would be better suited to rolling a Pally/VK/Warlord or something I'd consider that too.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Experience?

-Ore

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme View Post
    From what I saw playing my Shaman/Warden/Sent - that build is going to be pretty solid DPS but lacking more on the heals end.

Obviously I didn't get a chance to play Justicar but from what I've heard, their heals are lacking without some support from the other trees, and shaman doesn't have that great of healing really. With my build, all of my heals really came from the warden side (HoT's) and the sent side (Insta/cast heals) not from Shaman. So you'd be pretty much relying solely on the justicars heals with the shaman talents to increase damage and, thus, healing.

This is probably more of a topic for the cleric area but I just wanted to toss my two cents in. I'd spec a build for him but it's harder to hide talent tree windows than a forum window at work.

Ore

Thanks for the input. I probably should have put this in the class discussion section as you suggested. I'm have a really bad case of "WTF should I roll?" right now.

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...3105500:shaman.

Build I'm looking at. Druid 51 (for the 50% mitigation at end and pet healing), Justicar for heals on myself and party through melee combat, and Just picked up shaman for the free 3 damage extra buff.

Your not the strongest healer in the crew, but you are front line, and you are throwing some constant healing all around just by being in the combat, along with pets help also.

Waiting to see how it turns out.

Ore

I'm driving myself crazy with idea after idea on builds. I come up with something that seems good and viable and then I think well what if I do this... and poof! I'm way off track and building a mage or some $h1t. It's funny. The planner is addictive shizzle.

Bottom line though is I won't know what works or doesn't work until I play in the next beta event. Until then, this is all just theorycraft.

-Ore

If you planning to go the cleric route for your build, go Justicar main soul and add Shaman for added crits and dmg, and sentinel for another instant heal that you can use when you don't have any convictions at hand.

Also with Justicar, you can cast a Righteous Mandate on one player, either a healer class in pvp or the tank in pve. Doing that you get access to another heal early on, that can only be cast on the player with the mandate on. The good thing about the spell is, you don't need to target the player, he just has to be in 25m range of you. The only downside, is you need a conviction to cast it.

Convictions you get from using life based abilities when you have the Cavalier buff on you. This also works with the Inquisitor spells, since some of them are life based.
    Last edited by Jazebel; 01-18-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

+ Reply to Thread