+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Totally new

Shield of Telara

Default Totally new

So I dont know how many hitpoints we will have or how much damage is good or bad. But I fooled around with the soul tree planner and came up with this.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...18,5_&lang=eng

Some points were thrown in to reach benchmarks for certain skills. Which may or may not be better than putting them elsewhere in the same or different tree to reduce or gain benchmarks for skills in those respective trees (I am new and never even played) So they can be moved obviously. But I want to go at least 32 in druid (assuming pets arent paper and killed before they prove useful) and want to keep the other trees close to what I have here.

Questions: Is this too much protection and not enough damage? Are the self and pet heals enough to provide survivability in a war of attrition against a more potent damage dealing class? Are druid trees with a lot of points in them viable in the first place? Are melee clerics viable against ranged and/or spell casters? Especially one that seems to focus on self healing through melee hits.

I have played MMOs forever and have always gone with the more hybrid classes. Not really sure if clerics fit that bill in this game or not. But from what I have seen most class archetypes offer quite a few options. And will offer a more widespread hybrid possibility. Of course there will be min/maxers with every class but with so many options in all archetype trees variety looks like the best options. At least from what I can see.

Anyway just trying to get a feel for the right balance as I dont know what the stats are, how the mitigations/resists work, and how much burst damage healing is good or bad.

I don't think you can go wrong with any combonation of justicar/shammy/druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarin View Post
    So I dont know how many hitpoints we will have or how much damage is good or bad. But I fooled around with the soul tree planner and came up with this.

http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=4...18,5_&lang=eng

Some points were thrown in to reach benchmarks for certain skills. Which may or may not be better than putting them elsewhere in the same or different tree to reduce or gain benchmarks for skills in those respective trees (I am new and never even played) So they can be moved obviously. But I want to go at least 32 in druid (assuming pets arent paper and killed before they prove useful) and want to keep the other trees close to what I have here.

Questions: Is this too much protection and not enough damage? Are the self and pet heals enough to provide survivability in a war of attrition against a more potent damage dealing class? Are druid trees with a lot of points in them viable in the first place? Are melee clerics viable against ranged and/or spell casters? Especially one that seems to focus on self healing through melee hits.

I have played MMOs forever and have always gone with the more hybrid classes. Not really sure if clerics fit that bill in this game or not. But from what I have seen most class archetypes offer quite a few options. And will offer a more widespread hybrid possibility. Of course there will be min/maxers with every class but with so many options in all archetype trees variety looks like the best options. At least from what I can see.

Anyway just trying to get a feel for the right balance as I dont know what the stats are, how the mitigations/resists work, and how much burst damage healing is good or bad.
    I found the build just a bit weird, but it's all up to you. If you feel you want that much survivability there are ways to switch out and have a different type of survivability that would actually be group oriented, but it's all up to you what you want.

I could show you what I would do instead though if you like.

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Shield of Telara

yeah that is obviously a solo based build. Not sure what will be the major focus, I assume grouping once you hit max level. Just depends on how much healing clerics are going to be expected to do I suppose. I dont heal in WoW and I never did even when resto was the only build acceptable in vanilla.

More than likely it will be a series of tests and retests, trying to find a decent balance. Since the beta system here is a little different I am not sure if that will be an option or not. looks like the next one is only up to level 30.

But I guess learning all that stuff is what playing the game is supposed to be about.

Justicar/Shammy/Druid was the plan I had for a Cleric tanking spec. This should have plenty of survivability, perhaps too much for soloing. Still it doesn't look like a bad build.

+ Reply to Thread