+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear in groups.

Soulwalker

Default Gear in groups.

I will be playing with 2 other friends of mine whenever I play. In games past sometimes classes have gear crossover. For example a rogue type might wear some of the same type of gear that a light warrior would wear. So you run into problems of passing out gear. Because of this I was wondering if we each chose a different class: Warrior, Mage, Cleric, or Rogue is the gear separate enough that it would allow for us not to have to worry about going round robin sharing dropped gear?

If there is information about this that I could not find feel free to show me a link or send me in the right direction. I could not even find anything of this sort on the wiki page.

While there may be conflicts with weapons, each calling wears (or at least is supposed to wear) a different armor class. Cloth for the mages, leather for the rogues, chain for the clerics, and plate for the warriors. In addition, I've found that chain and cloth universally have "caster stats", and leather and plate universally have "melee stats".

There was a change to how stats worked for beta 2, so that each calling favors slightly different stats, so there shouldn't be too much argument over gear.

Warrior: Attack Power is now 75% Strength, 25% Dexterity.
    Rogue: Attack Power is now 50% Dexterity, 50% Strength.
    Mage: Spell Power is now 50% Intelligence, 50% Wisdom.
    Cleric: Spell Power is now 75% Wisdom, 25% Intelligence.

Theres not much crossover, for most items there is a class restriction of 2 different classes. For the most part:

warriors = plate for endurance and strength
    clerics = chain for wisdom (wisdom for clerics increases spell power way more than int)
    rogues = leather for dexterity and strength
    mages = cloth for intelligence

They all have their own preferred type of armor but can venture outside for other stats I guess, but most items are restricted to 2 of the 4 classes anyways

Nobody uses the same weapons either, each calling uses a certain set of weapons and armor so no 2 different callings will need on the same thing.

Every soul within a calling seems to need about the same stats as well because of how it's setup. For instance a justicar uses int/wis even though they are melee (or is it better to get str/etc. more so than wis/int as a melee cleric?)

Xfire/steam : Korncob

Well cleric in general needs wisdom mainly to increase spell power, so all chain armor is wisdom related mainly. If a Justicar is looking for str/dex and the like he will need to downgrade to leather armor for more str boosts, then he will not increase his spell power. Not sure which would be better in the long run for them.

You will have some overlap no matter which 3 callings you pick. But as long as you take 3 different callings, that overlap will be minimal.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

+ Reply to Thread