+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I plane shift if I am snared, mezzed, stunned or rooted? Riftstalker question!

Shadowlander

Default Can I plane shift if I am snared, mezzed, stunned or rooted? Riftstalker question!

Without Freedom of Movement, would I still be able to plane shift but be mezzed, snared, rooted or stunned at my arrival location?

And with Freedom of movemnet would I arrive and than the effect would be gone?

There's Shadow Stalk which can be used while CCed and breaks CC. Freedom of Movement just breaks CC and then you could use any ability. (I think?)
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Ascendant

You can, and two will break you out of those effects too. Freedom of Movement makes you immune to those effects being cast on you again for a couple of seconds after you land.
    Last edited by Kedon; 01-18-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Shadowlander

Ok than I dont need that 0 point Infiltrator ability right?

Telaran

of the 5 plane shifts 2 remove snares/stuns/roots - shadow stalk and flash back

im unsure if freedom of movement will make all 5 remove snares/stuns/roots or just give you 2 seconds where new snares/stuns/roots cannot be applied
    Last edited by Moody; 01-18-2011 at 04:25 AM.

The zero point Riftstalker plane shift cannot be used when stunned or incapacitated, it can be used while snared or rooted but you will still be snared or rooted.(at the destination)

I think its a bug to be able to use it while rooted and just landing 15feet away in the same root..... duh! So i reported it.

If you read through the riftstalker abilities, some are intended to be used for breaking snares/roots though.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    T... I think its a bug to be able to use it while rooted and just landing 15feet away in the same root..... duh! So i reported it...
    While I acknowledge you may be correct, I hope not.

The zero point Riftstalker plane shift cannot be used when stunned or incapacitated, it can be used while snared or rooted but you will still be snared or rooted.(at the destination)

I think its a bug to be able to use it while rooted and just landing 15feet away in the same root..... duh! So i reported it.

If you read through the riftstalker abilities, some are intended to be used for breaking snares/roots though.
    I dunno, it's just a tele, it makes sense to be able to use it while rooted and still be rooted after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    I dunno, it's just a tele, it makes sense to be able to use it while rooted and still be rooted after it.
    Defeats the purpose of being rooted if you can move...... can still use it to get close enough for a killing blow or use it to teleport behind a caster about to unload a barrage on you....when you should be stuck in place?

Should only be able to use gap closers that are designed to break these effects imo.

Defeats the purpose of being rooted if you can move...... can still use it to get close enough for a killing blow or use it to teleport behind a caster about to unload a barrage on you....when you should be stuck in place?

Should only be able to use gap closers that are designed to break these effects imo.
    Yeah, but it's a teleport. An ability like charge yeah, but it's a damm teleport. A root can't stop you from moving through ther rift.

+ Reply to Thread